BATTLE OF BRITAIN READY FOR RELEASE

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
JamesB
BDG

Post by JamesB »

As Scott says, these pics are not in any way photoshop edited. Some are mine and are straight off the PC while I was playing the game.

WanganuiLad
Senior Airman

Post by WanganuiLad »

Somebody said 'goosebumps'

That was my response too...
it looks almost too real...
incredible job guys.
What an amazing collaboration between the gaming community and the designers.
cheers
Pete
E6420/8800GTS/MSFF2/Comfychair

GT182
Staff Sergeant

Post by GT182 »

The engine sounds are awesome and sound like real aircraft. And the pictures posted are great too.

I never played the original but this is going to be a must have. Great job Scott.

BTW, make sure you have a Tracker IR. It's the only way to fly. And it'll help you taxi a lot easier. :wink:
"War does not determine who is right- only who is left" Bertrand Russell

Member Of Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, Pa.
Tour Coordinator KILG and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG
Bombs-Away.net

mdcf18
Airman

Post by mdcf18 »

Scott.....I just ordered from the store. Now.......is there any chance Shockwave will go public? I'd love to buy some stock. CAUSE YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO HIT THE GAME MARKET BIG TIME !!!! And I want to cash in.

Chuck
It's not a good thing to run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas all at the same time.

Bader
BDG

Post by Bader »

Now what Scott could do with some serious funding ;-)
"Ah yes, Michael (Parkinson)," Bader replied, "But these particular Fockers were Messerschmitts..."

Intel Core I7 920 @3.57GHz
GA-EX58-UD3R Mobo
8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 PC3-12800 (1600MHz)
ATI HD4870 1024M
Win 7 Home
Saitek X52 Pro

IncendiaryLemon
Technical Sergeant

Post by IncendiaryLemon »

Buying micro shares to fund development?

II/JG54_Zent
Airman

Post by II/JG54_Zent »

great job.....for the offliners..... i am very very disappointed that you guys couldnt produce a decent online/Internet option....

i am sorry, but like that i am probably not even going to buy it... a game where i cant fly contests and coops with other pilots is of no value for me...

sorry to say because it seems to be pretty impressive otherwise and the dedicated team of yours is also impressive, but i am a squad member and flying with my friends is really 50 % of the fun in it...

Yours,
II/JG54_Zent :cry:

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

II/JG54_Zent,

I have BOB2 and IL-2 on my systems here. When I want to play offline, I play BOB2. When I want to play Multiplayer, I play IL-2.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

II/JG54_Zent
Airman

Post by II/JG54_Zent »

Dear Scott,

this is no option for me as i dont have very much time to play, i am flying regularly two or three nights a week online.....
also i dont like to always have to adapt my reflexes to different systems....BOB2 is surely a very decent offline game, i used to fly a little bit Bob1 and even this was nice....but no multiplayer just is lame, sorry..

Zent

musk
BDG

Post by musk »

II/JG54_Zent, maybe you'll give BOB2 another thought in a month or so after it's released, you've read reviews, etc. I have little in the way of flying time too (certainly not enough for 2-3 online sessions a week), but I still have multiple sims installed and enjoy them all from time to time :)

Lexx_Luthor
Senior Airman

Post by Lexx_Luthor »

No Multi-player "dogfight" development takes courage these days, and shows strong focus on the simulation product and the customers. Thanks Shockwave. Stay Focused.

ricnunes
BDG

Post by ricnunes »

Is there a possibility to post screenshots with damaged aircraft? (near angle shots with bullet pierced damage)

The screenshots are really amasing! Excelent job from the team that developed BoBII

Nausicaa
Airman

Post by Nausicaa »

The team has produced excellent work, congratulations to all. I am certainly going to buy it.
Nevertheless, the lacking multiplayer option is a significant drawback of the product and a downer for all those for whom flight simming is tied to cooperation with other human players. This is just the truth and it has been mentioned by many others over the last months and will be mentioned again when the product comes out, but I really hope it does not negatively influence the commercial success of the sim.

Now I hope that the game will be distributed well and receive lots of publicity. A game starts to exist for many only when it is visible on a shelf somewhere--another hard truth.

Personally I can't wait to sit in this marvelous cockpits and to fly through this marvelous skies. I am very impressed by all the pics so far and did what I could to promote and to share news on other forums--now I am unpatient to see it in real and to try out this fantastic campaign.

congrats to the dev team for this great accomplishment--!

nausicaa
Nausicaa /Kommodore Jagdgeschwader 101

McMick
Technical Sergeant

Lack of Multiplayer

Post by McMick »

I don't see what the big deal is. If BoB2 is a commercial success, I'm sure that many on the dev team will be encouraged to tackle the multiplayer aspect of it. Hell, patches for some games these days end up being greater than 200MB, so conceivably a multiplayer version could be worked out and released as a patch. Or, depending on the direction the team wants to go, a BoB 3 could be developed and released in a couple of years. Certainly, there are a lot of new things that can be done graphically to enhance the game even further, given time.

I might also add that BoB is open source code, so anyone who can program well and wants multiplayer can surely contribute over at BDG or whatever.

Seafireliv
BDG

Post by Seafireliv »

My take on this is that when a game comes out with multiplayer, it often suffers in Singleplayer. It appears a lot of Devs have only time and resources to concentrate on ONE of the two.

FB (especially PF) suffered somewhat from this as much was done to produce for Online while Offline took a bit of a back seat (thankfully saved by Lowengrin`s DCG). This is evident in other games such as Battlefield 1942 and 2.

Conversely, Rome Total War suffers in multiplayer while the Single player benefits greatly. Same with Morrowind - no multiplayer, great single player.

Personally, focusing on Singleplayer is best, because then the Devs really feel the need to create a `living` world and will concentrate more on trying to create that since their are no real people to interact with - the illusion must be made. While Online-focused games will tend to lose the immersion if played without Humans since most of the effort is supplied by the Players themselves!

I would say make it Single Player focused first, THEN gradually work on multiplayer over time.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”