Hello all... Couple of questions and comments...

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
new reply
Point-man
Staff Sergeant

Hello all... Couple of questions and comments...

Post by Point-man »

I am a regular player of the IL2 series due to the fact it seems to be the best sim at the moment. I mean that in the way of great graphics with the right machine and the new patch coming out to make the realism sky rocket. However I'm not the type to say my sim is better then yours. I caught wind of BoB 2 and have been watching it now for a while and a few weeks ago went to the game store in the mall to see if or when it was coming out. They told me June 7th so to my disappointment went home without it... :( I just wanted to say that in the movies that I saw of this game the effects look great!!! Especially the explosions, smoke, clouds, ect. So far from what I have seen this is going to be one that I have to have for sure. I was looking around in the forums here and saw topics that would answer my questions but they only last for the first couple of replies before turning into a flame party it seemed so please bare with me if these have been answered already and I missed them. I would like to know if the date that I read about the July release is right. I am really an eye candy / graphics buff and the better look the more I seem to get in trouble from my other half with the time I spend on my machine so what I would like to know on that aspect is how are the damage models looking. Are there any screenshots that I can see? I have also read that there are some things such as the ground textures that are old and I'm guessing that are going to be replaced with new ones. Is that true. Any other type of information would be greatly appreicated and you can certainly count on me buying this the day it comes out!!! Its just to bad the stores don't open in the mall before 9...

Thanks and take care
Point...

Ragnar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ragnar »

Point-man
Shockwave who is doing this redo of the old Rowans flight sim seems to be working very hard to put out a firstclass product,and yes its going to take a bit longer,but will be worth the wait,I'm a big IL2 fan also and believe me tne folks at ShockWave are every bit as hard working and dedicated as Oleg and his crew.

While this Sim is aimed dead on at the offline player as opposed to the online players over at HL its still going to find a large and happy fanbase,
Be sure.

Oh, and welcome aboard!!
How many hours do you have in Spits Simon?...10 1/2 sir!....Well you better make it 11 before jerry has you for breakfast!!

Point-man
Staff Sergeant

Post by Point-man »

That's very good to know that they are going to stand behind there sim! Yeah I don't really mind all to much about the offline play, if there can be battles as big as I'm hearing that will keep me happy. Do you know if there are any other screens anywhere? I mean to where it shows damage on the planes. Thanks for the welcome by the way.

musk
BDG

Post by musk »

Point-man, no official release date has yet been given. Most of the dates that have been bandied about seem to come from online storefronts that (erroneously) advertise a product being available on a particular date. The Shockwave site advertises "estimated availability" of June/July 2005. It's also been posted here that we should see it about 4 weeks after it goes gold. So that may well be our first real notice that availability is imminent.

As for screenshots, perhaps you have not seen these yet?

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/sim/battleof ... index.html

I don't know of any that demonstrate damage to planes, though.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”