Do you want a BoBII Multiplayer Option?

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
new reply
Tako_Kichi
BDG & A2A

Do you want a BoBII Multiplayer Option?

Post by Tako_Kichi »

I started this poll based on the response to this thread.....

http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... 89#p126889

...the beta team were a little surprised by the small show of interest in BoBII MP. If no one is interested in having a MP capability in BoBII then there doesn't seem much point in the beta team spending literally hundreds of man hours trying to get the thing working. I estimate that in the last week six testers have put in more than 100 man hours of flight testing between them.

If you have any feelings either way please take part in the poll so the BDG know where we stand with regard to pursuing this complex part of the package.

Thanks.
Larry
E8400 Core2Duo 3 Ghz, 4 Gb DDR2 PC6400 RAM, GTX460 (1 Gb), Realtek HD O/B audio, XP Pro (SP3)
Saitek X52 HOTAS, Saitek Yoke/Throttle, Saitek Rudder Pedals, TIR 5 Pro, LG 22" WS LCD, B-K Gamer

vlado7
Senior Airman

Re: Do you want a BoBII Multiplayer Option?

Post by vlado7 »

Strong yes I do, yes I want, yes we do, yes we can! :)

Thanks,
V.

Vitesse2l
Airman

Post by Vitesse2l »

Yes Please. I believe lack of MP in BOB2 is a big sticking point for many players of the other sim...

Cheers!

ricnunes
BDG

Post by ricnunes »

A huge YES!!! I have several friends that didn't buy and therefore don't play BoBII by the single reason that it currently doesn't have Multiplayer! I'm sure that once BoBII has a working Multiplayer the vast majority (if not all) of my friends will buy and play BoBII.

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

Please remember that we would need to open up a new forum for BOBII PM.

The new BOBII MP forum would be used to plan and schedule MP sessions and meet new MP players to fly with with common interest.

This approach is used by the OFF3 guys.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

Rummy
BDG

Post by Rummy »

Jiri (think that's his name ) can be asked to supply Hyperlobby support and that would take care of a meeting place, but he is not always keen to add support for a game with few users. Need a tidal wave of support not a ripple.

Deathwing
Staff Sergeant

Post by Deathwing »

I think the posts above are to the point. The question should be not so much how many of the existing players/community are interested in multiplayer, but how many new players would it bring and how it would expand the community. Not sure that either this poll or the earlier thread is going to answer that here. Polls on other flight sim forums would give a better indication of the numbers of potential new players that would be interested in BOB II if a MP option was available.
AMD PII X4 955 3.2GHz BE, 8G DDR2, ATI 4890, Vista64, 24" Iiyama 1920x1080, MS FF SW2.

alexcraig
BDG

Post by alexcraig »

Rummy wrote:Jiri (think that's his name ) can be asked to supply Hyperlobby support and that would take care of a meeting place, but he is not always keen to add support for a game with few users. Need a tidal wave of support not a ripple.
'
Jirl/Buddye,

I've got plenty of bandwidth and a couple of servers in my hive arent' very busy. If somone can supply the software and handle admin, I'll volunteer to supply the aforementioned if need be to start things rolling.
Alex Craig

Win 7 Pro 64 Bit
ASUS Maximum IX Extreme
Intel Core 7 I7700 Extreme OC'd @ 4.8 GHz
"FrozenCPU" Custom Water Cooling
16 Gig G.Skill Trident Z Series DDR4 3200 RAM
ASUS 1080ti Video Card
EVGA SuperNOVA1200 P2 PSU

Whirlybird
Senior Airman

Post by Whirlybird »

Yes, multiplayer would be great

Can the ambition level be increased (question for A2A, not BDG I guess) to relaunch BOB2 with multiplayer as a paid upgrade?

Call it BOB3 Wings Online and promote the unique ability to fly coop against the BOB AI etc

Make the Defiant and Blenheim flyable to justify the price, get the Tiger Moth into the game

Thought for the day

WB
BOB2 Aces mission package (24 missions)
and Alan Deere mission package (14 missions)

http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... 1&start=15

vlado7
Senior Airman

Post by vlado7 »

Pls remind if it is possible to fly in campaign in BoB2's MP?

Thanks,
V.

alexcraig
BDG

Post by alexcraig »

vlado7 wrote:Pls remind if it is possible to fly in campaign in BoB2's MP?

Thanks,
V.
Nope. There are 3 basic MP options.

Death Match - As the name implies, it enables a free for all. Currently, it remains too porked for game play.

Team Play - As the name implies, it allows players to join opposing sides to fight one another. Again, it is currently too proked for game play.

Quck Missions - Basically, it is a MP version of Instant Action missions which affords the best of three worlds (Coop, Head to Head or a combination of both). Some of them can be scaled back to involve as few as 7 planes (4 LUB & 3 RAF). Also, ALL of the Historic missions can be flown, again either coop, head to head or a combo of both.

I cannot begin to tell you how much fun we've been having playing into the early hours of the morning. On at least 2 occaisions, we didn't wrap up until after 3:00 AM.

Here are a couple of quotes from my first post suggesting that we consider resurrecting MP.
I rise (electronically) to report that Chumleigh & I had more fun last night than one can expect to have without a fishing rod in his hand!
The game play was unexpectedly smooth. The graphics superb, as we've come to expect in BoB II's curent iteration. And it was positively delightful to spend some time in the air with another human who knows what he is doing in the sim. BTW, Chumleigh's a pretty darn good stick. We had great fun teasing about who got the first kill (BTW, he did ). Frankly, on the front end I was too enthralled with the experience and focused on trying to identify which plane Chumleigh was flying.
And this one from a post I put up early on in the testing.
it was absolutely super to fly with you & Chumleigh this evening!

After you needed to depart, Chumleigh & I flew one more mission. We tried the South Coast Historic Mission this time. And fo the first time we flew with the standard # of planes, thus there were entire squadrons of RAF & a host of LUF Stukas & 109's in the air.

It was easily the longest mission we've flown in M-P to date lasting at least 10 minutes; probably a bit more. I was impressed that the game play was smooth & the graphics continued to be solid. With all the planes in the air combined with the AA, we took a bit of an FPS hit, but stayed in the 20 - 35 range for the most part while dropping down into the teens every now & again.

We both managed to land successfully; Chumleigh with two kills & I with one. While I was taxing up to where Chumleigh had parked, we were chatting up a storm about the mission when a 109 appeared and strafed the field putting some bullets in my kite
Alex Craig

Win 7 Pro 64 Bit
ASUS Maximum IX Extreme
Intel Core 7 I7700 Extreme OC'd @ 4.8 GHz
"FrozenCPU" Custom Water Cooling
16 Gig G.Skill Trident Z Series DDR4 3200 RAM
ASUS 1080ti Video Card
EVGA SuperNOVA1200 P2 PSU

vlado7
Senior Airman

Post by vlado7 »

alexcraig wrote: After you needed to depart, Chumleigh & I flew one more mission. We tried the South Coast Historic Mission this time. And fo the first time we flew with the standard # of planes, thus there were entire squadrons of RAF & a host of LUF Stukas & 109's in the air.

It was easily the longest mission we've flown in M-P to date lasting at least 10 minutes; probably a bit more. I was impressed that the game play was smooth & the graphics continued to be solid. With all the planes in the air combined with the AA, we took a bit of an FPS hit, but stayed in the 20 - 35 range for the most part while dropping down into the teens every now & again.

We both managed to land successfully; Chumleigh with two kills & I with one. While I was taxing up to where Chumleigh had parked, we were chatting up a storm about the mission when a 109 appeared and strafed the field putting some bullets in my kite
Sounds very promissing indeed. I look forward to flying BoB2 online too. Thanks for posting it, Alex.
V.

Bostjan42
Senior Airman

Post by Bostjan42 »

Not interested in multiplayer, I would rather see the effort being put into the things you are already persuing.... ground objects, Tiger Moth,...

JohnBrown
Airman

Post by JohnBrown »

I am very interested in MP and it is the prospect of this that got me flying again. In terms of the other features, a lot of work has been put in, for which I am thankful. However it is time that MP be looked at. I think this will add a new dimension and life to this sim. Who knows one day we can fly campaign online just like falcon AF. However even flying online the three modes mentioned by Budeye would be satisfying for me. I want to fly with the rest online.

JohnBrown

P/O Percy Prune
Staff Sergeant

Post by P/O Percy Prune »

Not interested in multiplayer, I would rather see the effort being put into the things you are already persuing.... ground objects, Tiger Moth,...
Me too.

P.
Intel 64bit i5 2500, Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3, DDR3 16GB ram, Intel SSD 80GB, WD VelociRaptor 600, Seagate ST500, Gainward ATI Radeon HD4800, Sound Blaster XFi, 1000W PS, W7 Home Premium, Direct X 9.0C,
Saitek Cyborg EVO Force, Saitek Throttle, Saitek Pedals.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”