It's Time for BOBII's 2009 Planning, Player's Ideas Needed

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
stalkervision
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: It's Time for BOBII's 2009 Planning, Player's Ideas Needed

Post by stalkervision »

Buddye wrote:
stalkervision wrote:I wish someone would listen to some of my 109 ai suggestions and impliment them.. :)
I am game, you have earned it.

Get them is a written form that I can understand and work with I will give them a try.

Thanks a bunch buddye. 8) I surly will try but getting them into an understandable form for me may be difficult. :mrgreen:

First thing... from what I have seen flying the spit and Hurricane on a few ocassions agains't the 109 ai is it doesn't use it's superior climb rate to position it'self for "boom and zoom" tactics that the 109 was famous for. :(

IMO,
In a merge the 109 veteran level and above ai shouldn't reverse turn right away but instead go into a max climb to gain superior altitude over it's enemies and then reverse and attack B/Z style and regain altitude once agan.. Is this possible?

I will have to fly the spit again to become familiar with the 109 Ai and it's problems.. :oops: :mrgreen:

PV
BDG

Post by PV »

If you haven't flown against the 109 for a while, you are probably in for a bit of a surprise...

stalkervision
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by stalkervision »

PV wrote:If you haven't flown against the 109 for a while, you are probably in for a bit of a surprise...
That is what I am doing right now PV. The 109 ai isn't too bad as of a few qm's I have tried but I believe there is definate room for some nice improvrment which may give all you Britisher's a real challange. :)

Prem Holdaway
BDG

Post by Prem Holdaway »

Something that seems to be missing from all airfields, and that is a windsock which should be blowing in the right direction, and the tower.
Prem.

Asus Rog Strix Z690 F WiFi, Intel I9 12900 3200Mhz, 32Gig Mem 5600 DDR5, Asus AMD Radeon RX 6800, 1000W PSU, Windows 11 64bit, TrackIR 5 + Track clip pro, also TrackHat opentrack v3, Hotas Warthog + Viper TQS system & TRP rudder pedals.

IV/JG1_Kaiser
Airman

Post by IV/JG1_Kaiser »

Salute Buddye,BDG,Gang.

Multiplay would rock.

A corrected Revi 12, would great.
I did a little fiddling with the game Revi to enlarge the reticle and ran out of room trying to get a Spit to fill the reticle at 115 metres (Schießfibel). As it stands now it's about 50% too small. Given that the Revi was a fixed range reticle (unlike the Spit & Hurri sight), and that I fly Hun,I find the reticle size a bit of an immersion(emmersion?) killer.

My zwo pfennig

Toonsis
Technical Sergeant

Post by Toonsis »

In all briefing screens & set up screens and really any screen, can the ME-109 be called the BF-109

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

Toonsis,

And, presumably the ME110C with Bf110c? Yes, with a larger BDG. Not a quick fix, I think.
This is what I call "back burner", are maybe better, "still in the cupboard" stuff. :P
I describe these aircraft with both ME and Bf. Not sure what is proper, myself.

Aloha!

Mraah
Airman First Class

Post by Mraah »

stalkervision wrote: That is what I am doing right now PV. The 109 ai isn't too bad as of a few qm's I have tried but I believe there is definate room for some nice improvrment which may give all you Britisher's a real challange. :)
What's interesting to know is whether the AI understands energy management.

I found the bf109 (bobII) to excell in manueves when you maintain a speed envelope of ~ 250 kph.

Perhaps you (stalkervision) and others can provide CAM's (ON all the time, not trigger activated) showing how to properly engage a spitfire 1v1.
Do you run your tests with showmove code ON? I'm thinking you do.

Anyway, just a suggestion.

BTW, a good manuever for the 109 (real life too) ...

Negative G manuever - Performed when a spit/hurricane was turning with the 109 ... Just before the pilot of the 109 thought the spit had perfect lead on him (109 pilot), he would push the stick forward and disappear from the spitfires view (went under the cowling). Generally, when the plane disappears under the cowling during a tight turn is when you shoot, so when the 109 driver did this the spit driver thought he was getting a good bead on him .... meanwhile the 109 was going the other way ... unbenounced to the spit !!

I sometimes see this manuever in the game (ai 109) ... maybe it's already there? Buddye?

Thanks for listening,
Rob

Trumper
BDG

Post by Trumper »

:) I know it's only a "feeling" but i am sure when i have had a 109 lined up in my sights it is very very good at anticipating you pulling the trigger and is gone in a flash.
If it dives or climbs it has a very good survival rate but it does become unstuck if it turns on a level plane.I think the 109 AI is excellent :)

BoxMike
Senior Airman

Post by BoxMike »

wnyowell wrote:Legs for my pilot!
1. Agree with that.
I once witnessed that in BoB2:WoV when colliding an object(tractor?) while taxiing at the edge of an airfield, the pilot flew a long way apart from the aircraft and I noticed that he did not have his legs, not even the knees. I immediately got a joke about Douglas Bader there :oops:
Tired of invisible pilot in every sims nowadays. Even an olde scifi-game 'Wing Commander' had the hero seeing his hands and legs. Those real suits for LW and RAF would be nice, they are not too many models to create? I would really like to hear sim maker's opinion here, why a pilot does not see himself?
2. Get a decent death to the player. Shot down in flames or just with shot-up controls. Now just quick spiral. Give more chances to bail out.

3. This may sound funny but forget BoB2:WoV. With the ability to hundreds of AC's in the sky, move on to Mighty Eight's life above Europe. B-17s through E to G models, B-24s, P-47 through P-51's, aluminum clouds, horrible AA and interceptors up to rammjaegers.
And just as a side product, British Bomber Command night operations, from Whitley to Lancaster.

See my eyes, they are just as large as Calvin's Bambi expression as he asked his mother if he could get a flamethrower 8)

Rgds,
- box

Toonsis
Technical Sergeant

Post by Toonsis »

I hope "Legs for my pilot" issue can be a clickable option in a SET UP screen if its implemented at all. When in the cockpit I dont want to see arms and legs. I have gamed a few sims with this feature and said to myself "Who is the &^%$# sitting in MY seat" I also dont need the added clutter when using the ...Manual Engine Management... feature

Bader
BDG

Post by Bader »

blackmme wrote:Personally I would really like the landscape lighting restored.
This looked really beautiful in Rowans original BoB and came into its own with the work of BDG.

I think it captured the effect of different sunlight and cloud conditions on the ground very effectively and gave a depth to the scenery.

I wouldn't normally be so impertinent to ask, but we had it in the original so it might still be in there somewhere :)

Here a screenshote (with added blur) that illustrates the effect on the ground quite nicely I think, and that sort of lighting condition should be familiar to anyone in the UK.

Here's Hoping and many thanks for all your work.

Mike

Yes, that effect was nice.
"Ah yes, Michael (Parkinson)," Bader replied, "But these particular Fockers were Messerschmitts..."

Intel Core I7 920 @3.57GHz
GA-EX58-UD3R Mobo
8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 PC3-12800 (1600MHz)
ATI HD4870 1024M
Win 7 Home
Saitek X52 Pro

eif87
Senior Airman

Post by eif87 »

I agree, that landscape is :shock:
"You catch him right smack in the middle of your sights and give him a complete burst. The Brownings go to work, and, brother, when they are working they're not kidding! Eight guns, 1,400 rounds per minute. Figure it out for yourself.

Toonsis
Technical Sergeant

Post by Toonsis »

Easy Landing as a clickable option

I usually start sims at or near the top end in most features but I need a cast iron landing gear for the first few weeks. I usually learn landings last unless a carrier is involved.

I use track IR headset for in cockpit...it would be nice to use the mouse for outside view scrolling

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”