Subscriber Modifications

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
new reply
PV
BDG

Re: Subscriber Modifications

Post by PV »

And here's another good source for aerials, though unless you pay money, they are a bit low res,
and you'll need to play with bright/contrast in your image viewer to pull the best detail out.

https://ncap.org.uk/search?keywords=calais

This initially gives you 8000+ images. If you have google earth installed, click on the "KML" label
beside "refine your results", and you will get a view of France with lots of different coloured thumbtack
symbols. Zoom in to the Calais region, and click on likely thumbtacks to see the associated image,
which you can then copy the "view record" link and open in a browser window, and copy the full image
for opening in your image viewer. In many cases, the frame of the image gives the date it was taken,
but you can also get t hat from the "record" page info beside the image.

Anything post May 31 1940 and pre June 10 1944 should be useable, as not a lot happened to the city
in that interval. It was flattened in May 1940, and again in June-July 1944.

rogeroger
Staff Sergeant

Post by rogeroger »

Thanks Pv, I eventually did find a Calais thread on the beta forum covering the battle and providing a diagram of the hotspots . It contained similar photographs to those featured in the link you have provided as well as a diagram of the harbour, not very detailed though.

I remember not being able to find any historical 1940 to 1950 views of Calais a while back when I had Google earth installed, I'll re-install and check again following your advice.

rogeroger
Staff Sergeant

Post by rogeroger »

This is an il2Clod terrain mod created from in game screenshots and edited for use in Bob2. I've included high density trees and low density tree objects.
I recommend the lower density trees for better framerates.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/640d5ysha ... OD.7z/file

Mickvet
Senior Airman

Post by Mickvet »

Thank you-we're now spoiled for choice.

PieceOfCake
Airman First Class

Hazzie's altered browning machine gun sound

Post by PieceOfCake »

Hi, does anybody have my altered browning machine gun sound of Hazzie's?
My hard drive went south, and I lost everything

Prem Holdaway
BDG

Post by Prem Holdaway »

I have put two zip files on my website. I do not know whether they are what you want. One is called "higher fidelity browning.zip" and the other one is called "x8 browning and raf ai gunsounds choices.zip".

If you like to type in "www.g0dcp.co.uk/filename" you will be able to download what you want or both if required.

Hope one of them is what you want.

Regards
Prem
Prem.

Asus Rog Strix Z690 F WiFi, Intel I9 12900 3200Mhz, 32Gig Mem 5600 DDR5, Asus AMD Radeon RX 6800, 1000W PSU, Windows 11 64bit, TrackIR 5 + Track clip pro, also TrackHat opentrack v3, Hotas Warthog + Viper TQS system & TRP rudder pedals.

PieceOfCake
Airman First Class

Post by PieceOfCake »

Prem Holdaway wrote: 29 Nov 2020, 09:30 I have put two zip files on my website. I do not know whether they are what you want. One is called "higher fidelity browning.zip" and the other one is called "x8 browning and raf ai gunsounds choices.zip".

If you like to type in "www.g0dcp.co.uk/filename" you will be able to download what you want or both if required.

Hope one of them is what you want.

Regards
Prem
That did not work. Can you upload them to Mediafire?

Prem Holdaway
BDG

Post by Prem Holdaway »

Sorry, my mistake I should have put down www.g0dcp.co.uk/programs/filename

It should work this time

Prem
Prem.

Asus Rog Strix Z690 F WiFi, Intel I9 12900 3200Mhz, 32Gig Mem 5600 DDR5, Asus AMD Radeon RX 6800, 1000W PSU, Windows 11 64bit, TrackIR 5 + Track clip pro, also TrackHat opentrack v3, Hotas Warthog + Viper TQS system & TRP rudder pedals.

PieceOfCake
Airman First Class

Post by PieceOfCake »

Thanks! It worked now. It did not work in Chrome, but in normal Internet Explorer it worked.
I sort of had to take a guess I had to swap the long zip file names with "filename" in the link, so In the future, you should be more explainatory ;)
Anyway, while I waited I made some new ones. I think these sound even better. One of them is from Hazzie, I just altered it a bit to loop perfectly and so it sounds that it's 8 x machine guns firing and not in perfect sync.
The other ones is real sounds downloaded from a 303 browning and mixed so it sounds like 8 x is firing at the same time:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/tv3iwrbcg ... dy.7z/file

rogeroger
Staff Sergeant

Post by rogeroger »

I fired up bob2 after a long break and installed Martins fields. I've wanted to increase the scale of the terrain textures for some time. I started on this today and the terrain already looks better with the larger fields and roads . There are still some tiling issues to be seen in the photographs as it is a wip.

EDIT 10/01/2021: DECIDED TO SCRAP THIS IDEA FOR NOW. :roll: :)

Fred901
Airman

Post by Fred901 »

It's fantastic rogeroger! :shock:
keep it up!
I love that! :wink:

rogeroger
Staff Sergeant

Post by rogeroger »

This is a low sea detail colour mod.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/kgol6p3f ... od.7z/file

marine
Technical Sergeant

Post by marine »

That sea mod looks for real,really good,well done.
Marine.
you live and learn,and die and forget.

CPU Intel E8400 Core 2 [email protected] O/[email protected] CRUCIAL MEM 6400,V/C Ati 6870 1GB mem,MB GA- p35ds3r,s/c 5.1 santa cruz,Viewsonic 2650 LCD 26" Screen

rogeroger
Staff Sergeant

Post by rogeroger »

Thanks Marine! be sure to use the low water setting. :)

marine
Technical Sergeant

Post by marine »

roger roger
I will do as you advised.Ive still got winxp just to play this game with no problems,it is very addicted and always has been thanks to the coders.

Marine.
you live and learn,and die and forget.

CPU Intel E8400 Core 2 [email protected] O/[email protected] CRUCIAL MEM 6400,V/C Ati 6870 1GB mem,MB GA- p35ds3r,s/c 5.1 santa cruz,Viewsonic 2650 LCD 26" Screen

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”