Subscriber Modifications

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
new reply
Boreas
Technical Sergeant

Re: Subscriber Modifications

Post by Boreas »

Lots of nice scenery there. I might have some different engine sounds at some point but I find them very tricky. I noticed some of the radio speech files have some very low frequency noise that could be filtered out but I think it is not audible with most speakers.

rogeroger
Staff Sergeant

Post by rogeroger »

Hi Boreas, its been a while!

I'm working on a Clod terrain for Bob2 but it requires a lot more trees than my other terrain mods. I enjoy listening to audio books and tree placement gives my hands something to do whilst listening. I've created a lot of tree object templates to make the job easier.

This terrain has pretty much what I've been searching for, nice randomly placed squarish fields with good detail that looks great on the deck and at altitude, the Team Fusion guys did a great job with this one I think. I've created it from in game screenshots.

marine
Technical Sergeant

Post by marine »

Roger Roger
Those darker fields look a lot better than the yellow fields,as at that time in the Battle of Britain the fields were the colour of a darker straw colour especially in August and September due to the grass dying at that time,but recovering to the colour of green later on,I know as I was there at that time,but only aged 5 yrs old.
Maine.
you live and learn,and die and forget.

CPU Intel E8400 Core 2 [email protected] O/[email protected] CRUCIAL MEM 6400,V/C Ati 6870 1GB mem,MB GA- p35ds3r,s/c 5.1 santa cruz,Viewsonic 2650 LCD 26" Screen

rogeroger
Staff Sergeant

Post by rogeroger »

Wow marine ! you have a good memory. Thanks for the input. :)

marine
Technical Sergeant

Post by marine »

rogerroger
No problem mate,those were hard times to forget,this generation won’t have to go through what the British people and the RAF pilots went through,I know it’s history now,but we shouldn’t forget those brave pilots and people who all grouped together to give us our freedom,and this great game says it all,I play it for hrs,brings back a lot of memories including the dogfights I saw,but times are different now.

Marine.
you live and learn,and die and forget.

CPU Intel E8400 Core 2 [email protected] O/[email protected] CRUCIAL MEM 6400,V/C Ati 6870 1GB mem,MB GA- p35ds3r,s/c 5.1 santa cruz,Viewsonic 2650 LCD 26" Screen

Vox
Airman

Post by Vox »

Thanks Roger and Boreas for your continued work on BOB2. I check this forum frequently to check-out your new stuff. Every Fall I take time to remember BOB history and fly a little of the BOB2 time-machine.

Trumper
BDG

Post by Trumper »

:) Just thought i would pop in and see how things are and i am pleased to see the old sim is still being worked on , well done to you all. Unfortunately my computer blew up and now don't have anything to use .
Take care all and well done to you all.

Boreas
Technical Sergeant

Post by Boreas »

Just posting my streams mod in two separate layers making it easier to edit http://www.mediafire.com/file/djhhyre92 ... s.zip/file.

rogeroger
Staff Sergeant

Post by rogeroger »

I recently discovered when messing around with cloud textures that bob2 renders cloud images upside down. This does not affect the stock textures but does affect photoreal cloud textures, so I've flipped the Y axis of the individual Aris-Woff cloud textures that I was using and the clouds are now rendered right side up.

Get it here:http://www.mediafire.com/file/mqbmoj11f ... us.7z/file

OLD UPSIDE DOWN TEXTURE

NEW TEXTURE, PUFFY BITS ON TOP

rogeroger
Staff Sergeant

Post by rogeroger »

I'm currently placing trees at German airfields in France.

Il2clodBlitz french field textures

I'm placing French buildings at Calaise. I will have to darken the crater textures to match.

Boreas
Technical Sergeant

Post by Boreas »

Very impressive and the great clouds improvement!

rogeroger
Staff Sergeant

Post by rogeroger »

Thank's mate, I decided to place a couple of objects across the channel for a change in the hopes that I would actually complete the Raf campaign that I started years ago and finally get to fly a Luftwaffe campaign. :lol:

rogeroger
Staff Sergeant

Post by rogeroger »

If anybody has aerial photographs of Calaise harbour circa 1940 or knowledge of a website containing these please let me know. I want to place buildings and crane objects but can't find any images or plans on the net.

rogeroger
Staff Sergeant

Post by rogeroger »

An alternate me109e4 default skin, Jg53 compiled from il2clod blitz screenshots. Place in the IMAGEMAP folder. To view it disable multiskin or move the M109ULF.fx file to a safe place, preferably a backup folder within the IMAGEMAP folder.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4l5whvvoq ... 53.7z/file

PV
BDG

Post by PV »

rogeroger wrote: 10 Oct 2020, 02:01 If anybody has aerial photographs of Calaise harbour circa 1940 or knowledge of a website containing these please let me know. I want to place buildings and crane objects but can't find any images or plans on the net.
Well, the best place to look for that sort of stuff is here. I believe you have access to the beta test forum (if for some reason you've somehow lost it, we'll hve to get it back for you), and this is a good start on what's available there: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=19937

Let me know if you need assistance. (More in following post, next page).

...Wow, all my old images stored at photobucket have reappeared, after being lost due to their revoking their image sharing policy about 2015, complete except for a photobucket watermark splattered aross the middle. I wonder if I can get access tothe account again - last I tried it wouldn't recognize my password, seemed to have shut my account down due to lack of use or something.
Last edited by PV on 26 Oct 2020, 02:54, edited 1 time in total.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”