Subscriber Modifications

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
new reply
HAZZIE
Technical Sergeant

Re: Subscriber Modifications

Post by HAZZIE »

Stickman - this extremely well written, and two things, I think we fully agree on ( the greed of the 1% and their power of exploitation of the masses; and the impirical need to destroy all religions )

Did I tell you, my Great grandfather, whom came out from Nov Scotia in 1894 to shoot Matabeles for Rhodes, was a communist member? I think I got a few of those strains. A communist can be ( and usually is ) conservative. And anti- religion. Ask Putin or the Chinese leadership.
The Chinese jus banned Ramadan in their western states - so they tightening the reins again.

That's the difference to the U.S. right wing - they heavily religious.

I believe in hard work, each to his/her maximum capability and capacity to contribute to the development of people as a whole for their good of creating benefit, and the shooting of benefit thieves and frauds as the UK seems to have an overload of, and rhino poachers and environment destroyers as there are here, out of hand ( as they do thieves and frauds in China after one day court cases)

I like to imagine what China wud have done to that benifit cheat, and drunk, whom fathered 40 children in the UK, draining society of £4 mil - they'd cut his balls off after No3.

Oh yah! Ban Wimbledon - see the allocated tickets to the final costs go up to £8,000 - this frankly nothing more than a modern replacement of Roman arena gladiators, for the amusement of the 1%, and the ego-groping rabble can also come to make up the crowd, if you buy a 'ballot' non-refundable ticket at £266.
Modern society is utterly shocking in it's contradictions. ISIS for sure, wud ban tennis. This completly understandable, as no real benefit to society, other than the employees whom manufacture the playas Falcon 20's over at Dassault.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last WLSC

redband_151
BDG

Post by redband_151 »

Stickman,

I really like the breakers on the beach, it really adds alot. Is this simply using the low res sea and a new blend map?
Abit IP35-Pro; Intel Core 2 duo 6850 w/ Thermalright Ultra 120-Extreme and 120 MM Scythe fan, 4 GB Corsair DDR2-1066, XFX (G92) 8800 GTS, OCZ Gamestream 700., 320 MB Seagate sata HDD, Asus sata 20x DVDRW w/ light scribe, and a no name floppy

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

Hayzie,
Did I tell you, my Great grandfather, whom came out from Nov Scotia in 1894 to shoot Matabeles for Rhodes, was a communist member? I think I got a few of those strains.
My maternal Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great grandfather, name of Robert Kennedy (a Scotsman with no love of English Lords) :wink:
managed to purchase a 3 masted Brig.
The Scots were famous as being penny-pinching savers, and then to be hard task masters, and good bargaining businessmen.
He went to sea shipping & trading goods with England and the English colonies in North America.

And then came the American Revolution!
"Ach! Should I side with the English King, or these radical free-thinking rebel Americans?"
"Well, the good betting odds and probability is with the Royal Navy."
So Robert Kennedy moved his Brig from Boston Massachusetts up to Nova Scotia, Canada, and only shipped for the Crown.

This is survival instinct.

However, he bet on the wrong team. The rebels won.
He did go back to Boston, (now USA), but he was much hated as being a goddamned Tory!
His Kennedy progeny had to move ever west into Indian territory to wipe out the dreaded Tory stain that the traitorous Robert gave them!

All my current Kennedy cousins were/are all journalists. Small town newspaper owners in Wyoming and Montana.
They are all Republicans, and I have never kept in touch with them, as my free-thinking Liberal Progressive attitude, consider the Republicans to be my deadly enemies.

So much for the Wyoming Kennedy family!
My uncle Bruce Kennedy could write and tell some really good stories, though. I loved that man.

However, my Kennedy - MacKenzie mother is as Liberal and Progressive as a free thinker can be! A school teacher.
She showed me the Light of Knowledge.
And where our family came from, back to just after the Dark Ages,
where generational history got lost and people did not know how to write words.

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

redband,
Stickman,

I really like the breakers on the beach, it really adds a lot. Is this simply using the low res sea and a new blend map?
The sea breakers are HAZZIE's art.

They only work if using Low Sea. Which is the old BoB1 sea.

I am trying to make a blendmap using HAZZIE's work, that is the best of both worlds.
Old Sea and new Sea.

There is a saying with the US Marine Corps, and the US Army, now.. "Don't Leave Anyone Behind!"
No matter how wounded or dead!

The blendmap file is a tricky witch to try and tickle to satisfaction.
If you like to try and tickle and tame mean, unforgiving women, then blendmap is where you should go.

Hey! I always considered taming cold hearted mean women as a challenge to my manhood.
Even with all my charms, I usually got shot down.

HAZZIE
Technical Sergeant

Post by HAZZIE »

Redband - yer gotta use the blenmap file - watch out - it also changes roads, rail and streams if it is the original.

Some don't like these other bits, and have I think incorporated the surf line into thier blend maps - to keep the roads etc, so unsure which blenmap you may have, ie S-Ms?

If you fly along the Surfline and look carefully you will see ( repeated every mile or so) a huge Great White shark in the surf ( it is actually black on top)

I like shooting these things up a bit, in case have to bail out.

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

redband,

Here is the last blendmap I made.
It the old v2.12 roads, my rail road, and HAZZIE's river/streams and the surf lines.

The surf lines only work using Water = Low. :(
The "sea meets grass and docks" line really needs to be cut down a bit. Something I'll work on later.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/wetwt ... kman_1.zip

HAZZIE
Technical Sergeant

Post by HAZZIE »

Yah! SM - the water edge is identical for sea shore, and estuaries, and inside of harbour breakwaters; which unfortunately look funny
They should have been separated for smooth water

Have to live with large waves in estuaries if want to see nice shoreline surf effect

Cud be worse - Hawaiian sized surf in the estuaries?

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

HAZZIE,

I dug out my old BoB1 "blendmap lines" pic.
The (Low Sea) only has influence on two lines.

How the sea meets where sandy beaches are mapped,
and the line directly above it, where sea meets every other mapped textures, except the beaches.

Estuaries, are usually not mapped with sandy beaches in BoBII, and usually what I call "grass".
Cud be worse - Hawaiian sized surf in the estuaries?
Let's not get carried away! :wink:
Every time I try to modify the sea as per blue "Hawai'ian style",
the south English Kent boys throw a rock thru my window, with a note tied to it with rubber bands:
"The Channel does not look like that, Yank!"

OK. Can you make a better one?

No response.....

Except from a South Africa man that does have artistic ability, and a healthy dis-respect for the English Lords.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, for the High Sea setting, PV, a Canadian from British Columbia, made better Fresnel file than the old stock one
which always nauseated me, as it looks like gonorrhea green piss with yellow puke in the middle..
I immediately had to make my own, in order not to be sick to my stomach.

Wrote a long letter to the BDG boys (short version):
"We cannot ship out v2.13 with that old CRAP Fresnel!
I propose that we use either PV's Fresnel,
or a make I made that looks a lot like dark green gangrene puss like the old one, but without the yellow puke ring in the middle."

Screw the damned shallow polluted Channel! The North Sea is there, too!

HAZZIE
Technical Sergeant

Post by HAZZIE »

Yah! surf onto grass, even worse....

this the limitations of an otherwise v.good but simple 1990's mapping system -the best way to solve this is with the code as to where the surf line is used in meeting the land - I wud like to get involved with the code, but too old to re enter code issues - brain doesn't want to do 'new' things as memory banks completely full at this time ( ie: I can no longer learn new graphics 3-D programmes, so which look exceptionally good - need to be 20+ somthing)

sometime I will also work on the 'surf' scale & size to lessen the visual impact on inland grass - mebee we can co- ord here?

Concerning English Lords, I get on quite well with them ( various Lords come out wingshooting here each year ) and they in my view, have a good grasp of Brit & international politics & economies, and the situation in SA:
it is the common-O-garden Brit 'voter' with the unintelligible Manchester type accent, the ones who have no maths literacy, who haven't got the faintest iota of a clue, other than that 'there must be free handouts', that I have a problem with: they control the Brit government, thru their vote ( how can someone, whom cant add 2+2, have a vote? : ditto SA , but with the added context of tribalism)

They also come out often ( it is so incredibly cheap to holiday here ),ie: inc some in-law ex-pat SA nephews whom are married to Brit girls and live in the UK - they are shocked at the numbers of our servants, and on enquiry as to what they are paid, immediately wan all us 'Whiteies' put in jail. They cannot grasp whatsoever, that if you paid these people x 5, then only 1 in 5 would then have a job, therefore it better to have more jobs, and stave off the Red-revolution and fire burning which is approaching anyway - that's actually the problem in the UK - social benefits & minimum salaries completely bugger their ability to invest in growth oriented business - byt they as 'voters' hold the politicians in power due to their demands of the 'freebees' - eventuating in a spineless, weak, risk-adverse self serving, and self destroying society. How long do they think the NHS is gonna last without having to become entirely privatized>?> 10 yrs?

The Lords, on the other hand, quite enjoy many servants, and instantly having their gin & tonic replaced, without even asking

at a pre-shoot braai ( barbeque) the two guys on the right are Lords - and boy, can they shoot a high bird!

check the wad stuck in the Guinea's arse in the wall

some guys bring out old Bentleys

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

DEATH to all Lords!

Even my arch enemies.. the white rascist rural, and largely southern, Republicans would say that too.
The Democrats and Republicans in the USA agree on this,
but disagree on everything else.

The Republicans think that new American Billionaire Lords are OK. Hey! maybe some ultra rich nazi Billionaires can purchase the Presidency for our intolerant nazi cause?
The Democrats do not want only the RICH BILLIONAIRES... to purchase our elections!!!!!

HAZZIE
Technical Sergeant

Post by HAZZIE »

so.................it understandable... that yer ganna vote for Donald, the guy worth the entire toupee of what is actually genuine ?

( not to confuse this with our hallowed & revered member, and skilled videographer of ancient aeroplanes, from the Order of The Froth Blowers at Duxford-on-Trent, Mr. Trumper, Esq. )

and we know you have got some serious maths literacy under your belt, and a QBE, so know your vote will be well calculated.

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

Me, and all USA Democrats... love Donald Chump. :wink:
He is torpedoing the Republican Party! :D

The serious Republicans are all saying "Shut the faak up, Chump! Yer killing us!"

Donald Chump at least speaks his rich white boy racist mind. :twisted:
He has only married desperada Eastern European ex-Cold War refugee white women.
Cheaper by the dozen. :wink:
I'll bet that he faakked some of his Mexican house maids too. All them rich guys do.

Go Chump Go! :D
Us Democrats want YOU to be the true face of the Republican Nazi Partei.

HAZZIE
Technical Sergeant

Post by HAZZIE »

He - haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Donald CHump! Ex Eastern Europe women! dirren't know that!

redband_151
BDG

Post by redband_151 »

Thanks Stickman,

I'm going to give it a shot and see how it works. Hopefully the roads etc dont look too bad cause I really like the look of the breakers, even if they might be in some of the wrong places.
Abit IP35-Pro; Intel Core 2 duo 6850 w/ Thermalright Ultra 120-Extreme and 120 MM Scythe fan, 4 GB Corsair DDR2-1066, XFX (G92) 8800 GTS, OCZ Gamestream 700., 320 MB Seagate sata HDD, Asus sata 20x DVDRW w/ light scribe, and a no name floppy

PV
BDG

Post by PV »

Long ago, some mods to BoB1 were available at SimHQ.
This included Soupdragon's audio files which modified the
radio voices to sound like period carbon mic rather than
anachronismish hi-fi. I had a link pointing to those files
probably buried in the early pages of this thread. Anyway,
those files got lost in one of SimHQ's site renovations, but
it turns out the Wayback Machine dutifully gobbled up
all that data, and it is still available, so here, if you want to
fetch them is the location of those files, and who knows what
else, some of which might be useful with BoB2:
https://web.archive.org/web/20040623064 ... s_air.html

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”