sorry- but a few more questions

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
new reply
andqui
Airman First Class

sorry- but a few more questions

Post by andqui »

sorry to be such a pain- but there are one or two questions i have

1. How do i switch to the rear gunner of the Stuka or Bf-110?

2. I don't know if it's on all planes, but the fuel gauge on the Hurricane is messed up for me. It starts reading full, but after a short while it steadily drops until it goes all the way around and off the gauge. I end up with a needle sticking straight up outside of where the gauge is? Is this something or my end, or is this known? I've flown missions 2.5 hours long, but the needle was stuck straight up after about 1/2 hour.

thanks

Buddye
BDG

Re: sorry- but a few more questions

Post by Buddye »

1. You can not man the ju87 and Me110 gun positions in BOBII as it is not implemented. Sorry.
2.Yes, the gauge issue are well known. Yes, the Hurri fuel gauge is porked.

Some of use (I do ) the 2d Gauage system as an replacement for the broken gauges. Here is the TEXT from the Read me in the 2.08 update text which may get you started if interested. You can search the forum for information on the 2dGauge system if interested:

4) New 2dGauge System

By default you will see no changes. However, you can now adjust displays to your preference. Below are three examples to get you going.
At the simpler end of things, if you simply wish to add a compass around your artificial horizon, try this: http://www.a2asimulations.com/bob_dev/P ... sBADER.zip
It will unpack into a folder \2dGaugesBADER. Take the five files from it and place them in your existing \Battle of Britain II\2dGauges folder. (You may want to back up your originals first.) It should look like this: (see top right)
As a more advanced adaptation, Stickman has http://www.a2asimulations.com/bob_dev/P ... ICKMAN.zip
It will unpack into a folder \2dGaugesSTICKMAN. Take the five files from it and place them in your existing \Battle of Britain II\2dGauges folder. (You may want to back up your originals first.) It looks like this: (a combination of analogue and digital readings)
As another alternative, we have Buddye's: http://www.a2asimulations.com/bob_dev/P ... BUDDYE.zip
It will unpack into a folder \2dGaugesBUDDYE. Take the files from it and place them in your existing \Battle of Britain II\2dGauges folder. (You may want to back up your originals first.)
You can do some pretty advanced stuff, such as enable damage indicators for you own and any targeted enemy aircraft.
As this is a new feature, it may just be best to start a new thread on this forum if you need clarification and explanation.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

andqui
Airman First Class

Post by andqui »

thanks-

is there any way of getting fuel levels to show in the text bar at the bottom of the screen? if not, how would i go about just adding a fuel gauge for all aircraft? And if possible i'd like to take away the artificial horizon.

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

andqui,

With my 2D gauges, the Spitfire and Emil both have working fuel gauges. I have not yet made the other ones.
The other aircraft have a dugital text readout. The readout is in grams of fuel. Cannot change that yet.

To remove ant 2D Guage or Indicator find the DrawWhen = 1. Change the 1 to a 0.

//Artificial Horizon
{
Name = artHorizon
ScreenPosition_X = 570
ScreenPosition_Y = 9
GaugeWidth = 60
GaugeHeight = 55
GaugeType = 5 //artHoriz
DrawWhen = 1

Jethro
Technical Sergeant

Post by Jethro »

Waiting anxiously for your 2d fuel gauge for the Hurri... 8)

Thanks Sir.
J

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

Right, uhhmm.. I have taken on too many varied tasks to do, lately.
The fuel gauges I consider too important to put off, so I will start on the Hurricane fuel gauge this week.
As well as placing II Flakkorps and I Flakkorps for future real firing LW AAA in France, and whatever Buddye needs me do.
Also, the Stuka and ME110 need fuel gauges.

However, I have no knowledge of what a Hurri fuel gauge really looked like, and will assume that it is similar to the Spitfire one.
Any 1940 Hurri gauge pics and knowledge of the Hurricane fuel system would be appreciated.
I am no aircraft afficiando (sp) especially for British aircraft.

Airmaric
Airman

Post by Airmaric »

Stickman - you do amazing work, and first off, I just want to say Mahalo! Thanks for all the awesome stuff you do around here.

Second - I believe I heard a request for Hurricane gauge pics?

Here you go - hope this helps! From the Air Ministry publication 1564B & D, which covers the Hurricane IIA, B, C, D, and IV models.

Cheers

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

Danke and Mahalo.
I have not seen that one yet. However, I lust for a straight on closeup shot of the fuel gauge.
With limited glass reflections. Over exposed photos, I can paint out.

Here is a pic that I reduced in size, that was photographed and sent to me by Dave, an English factory machinist,
and now working with a British Museum dedicated to restoring WWII era aircraft! :D
I asked him for straight on, high resolution photos, and he delivered, bless his heart!
This is an Emil gauge, but I need not retouch this one very much. :D

There are many smaller pics out in the web, folks selling old gauges. I lost all my web links of these,
3 months ago, when I bought a new computer.
Amazing how busy the folks are selling artifacts, now. I love the internet, but detest cell phones!

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”