Post by Trumper »

:) Ive stuck an update on here and linked it onto another thread ,
http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/showth ... ost1277696

and on ubi forums
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc& ... 5561023676

Jethro
Technical Sergeant

Post by Jethro »

Great show Reflected, really a super job! 8) 8) 8)

"I think the movie is just outstanding. Of course too little for the AI part (just kidding :lol: )."

Agree with Buddye :wink: , yet one can understand how the AI is super only if he actually plays...

Cheers,
J

NFG
Airman Basic

Post by NFG »

Hi.

I've post a link to your vid over at Combat Ace www.combatace.com where I'm a forum moderator.

Brilliant work Reflected. Thankyou ! :D

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

NFG wrote:Hi.

I've post a link to your vid over at Combat Ace www.combatace.com where I'm a forum moderator.

Brilliant work Reflected. Thankyou ! :D
A big Texas thank you for you help. We always need it.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

PappyCain
BDG

Post by PappyCain »

Posted on the WWII Fighters Forum. (am always inserting something there on BOB2).
"Was it something I said?" - 'Moggy' Cattermole 'Piece of Cake'
Core 2 Duo E6700, ASUS P5N-E-SLI, 2GB Corsair DDR2 PC6400,ASUS Nvidia GeForce GTX 560Ti, Coolermaster 650W PSU and Case, Audigy 2ZS Platinum, 5.1 Z-640, XP Pro, 22" CHIMEI LCD

Zorro
Senior Airman

Post by Zorro »

If that isn't a fine work or art nothing is! Top notch... very moving! Very touching on an difficult subject to capture. You captured it brother. Lots of heart in that video.
Was a sad time, an honorable time. A time to live, a time to die. A time of virtue and a time of sacrifice. A time to give all, and a time not to ask nor receive . A time of youth never to regained. A time where the weight of the world lies on one's shoulders. A time to press on. A time to press on. A time to press on.....

PappyCain
BDG

Post by PappyCain »

Was a sad time, an honorable time. A time to live, a time to die. A time of virtue and a time of sacrifice. A time to give all, and a time not to ask nor receive . A time of youth never to regained. A time where the weight of the world lies on one's shoulders. A time to press on. A time to press on. A time to press on.....

Hey Zorro - if that is your quote (or not), you need to get together with Reflected and use that quote on text slide(s) ... fits the sound track and storyboard well.
"Was it something I said?" - 'Moggy' Cattermole 'Piece of Cake'
Core 2 Duo E6700, ASUS P5N-E-SLI, 2GB Corsair DDR2 PC6400,ASUS Nvidia GeForce GTX 560Ti, Coolermaster 650W PSU and Case, Audigy 2ZS Platinum, 5.1 Z-640, XP Pro, 22" CHIMEI LCD

paul diergaarde
Airman

what music?

Post by paul diergaarde »

Your movie has the atmosphere of the old silent gun camera clips. Beautifull. But also the music is a gem, who made it?

Thanks,

Paul

Zorro
Senior Airman

Post by Zorro »

PappyCain wrote:Was a sad time, an honorable time. A time to live, a time to die. A time of virtue and a time of sacrifice. A time to give all, and a time not to ask nor receive . A time of youth never to regained. A time where the weight of the world lies on one's shoulders. A time to press on. A time to press on. A time to press on.....

Hey Zorro - if that is your quote (or not), you need to get together with Reflected and use that quote on text slide(s) ... fits the sound track and storyboard well.
Wow! Thanks Pappy Cain. After watching the video, I was so moved I cried. The video moved me. So I wrote the little poem, and the next day I felt embarrased. I thought I have no right to speak of the emotions nor feeling of the vets, the guys who been there and done that. The video brought the point home, the point. that, it is a one way trip when strapping on the plane, and if one lands, that's a bonus. No one walked away un scarred. It was a very brutal time, and every one did his / her best. The glory part usually over shadows the ugly reality of the bottom line. Someone will be missing, a son, husband or father, on both sides. The video captured reality. It was as close as one get to being there. Not fun and games. The video was not about shooting Billy Bob and yee hawing all the way home. The video is very serious work, it is art, history and putting what was into perspective.
Thanks for mentioning my poem. From my re search and trying to discover what it was really like, my thoughts, it was no fun, but a very tiring war emotionally and physically. Those who pressed on where those who showed a determination of good character. Of old fashioned quality values and putting others ahead of one self. That is what hero's are made of, putting others ahead of one self.
I did write the little poem, and tried to hit emotion. I play music a lot on my drum kit, and the art is capturing emotion verses being technical, nor looking smart. The video captured emotion thus in my books, a work of art. More importantly, is to remember those brave hero's, the kind and wonderful chaps who did their best to end a nightmare Hitler created, and protect the innocent at all personal costs. Words will never replace their sacrifice, but respecting such will honor those left behind who can read the words of gratitude. Thus feel appreciated long after the parade has stopped marching by.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”