BOBII BDG_2.08 Update Released

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
Killjoy12
Airman

Post by Killjoy12 »

Not trying to be rude at all, but I thought I was being clear. Let me try again.

I'd like to remove the artificial horizon from the upper right corner so that I have a nice clean view outside the cockpit. I'd also like to do it in a manner that sticks, so that I don't have to keep doing it on each game start. That's why I was thinking about the bdg.txt file. I also don't want to remove any of the "real" cockpit controls that are actually placed inside the cockpit.

Hopefully, that was more clear. :) Thanks for you time with this.

Hylander_1715
Technical Sergeant

Post by Hylander_1715 »

Killjoy12 wrote:Not trying to be rude at all, but I thought I was being clear. Let me try again.

I'd like to remove the artificial horizon from the upper right corner so that I have a nice clean view outside the cockpit. I'd also like to do it in a manner that sticks, so that I don't have to keep doing it on each game start. That's why I was thinking about the bdg.txt file. I also don't want to remove any of the "real" cockpit controls that are actually placed inside the cockpit.

Hopefully, that was more clear. :) Thanks for you time with this.
Killjoy,

Start the game, from the main menu, select Options, Sim, and then Views. At the bottom where it says Heads Up Display, make sure it is set to off.

This sis an intial setting. Before you frag into your 1st mission in the campaign, before hitting the fly button, go to the configure button, and do the same proceedure. It should keep it off for you, as once your campaign is configured, it will keep those settings stored so you shouldn't have to worry about manually turning it off for every flight.

Too these settings should be used when you enter into the single missions, in the Instant Action section. Don't quote me on that though, as you may want to check it there too before the first mission. After that, your settings should definitely be saved, and you shouldn't have to tweak them again, unless you choose to do so.

Hope this helps!

P.S.,

If your settings aren't saved, you may need to delete your "settings cfg" in your Savegame folder in the BoBII directory. When you load the game it will create a new one, and you will have to do an initial setup, but only once.
Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Prem. SP1
nForce 780i mobo
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Extreme CPU QX9650 @ 3.00GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
FSB 1333
8096MB OCZ SLI Ready RAM
DirectX 10
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 512 x 2 in SLi
Realtek HD Audio 7.1

Killjoy12
Airman

Post by Killjoy12 »

Thank you - that is exactly what I was looking for.

Buddye
BDG

Re: BOBII BDG_2.08 Update Released

Post by Buddye »

bump above Scotts stuff........................
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”