she flies

The premier US WWII Fighter
new reply
jwenting
Airman First Class

she flies

Post by jwenting »

Moved all the files over from FS2004 to FSX and changed the panel configs a bit (new name for the nav/gps switch, that's all), and she flies again.

Spilot69
Airman First Class

Post by Spilot69 »

Any differences? is ground handling better or does she fly identical, also how are your fps compared to default a/c and just in general?

jwenting
Airman First Class

Post by jwenting »

haven't done a lot of testing yet (and I don't have the quality flight controls right now on my FSX rig I have on my FS2004 rig, need to get new ones as those are almost worn out). She handles well, maybe a bit more docile than in FS2004.

Framerates are not much worse than the default aircraft on my system, but I've something weird going on there anyway so it's not really a definite answer (I can be in the same place in the same aircraft with the same weather and settings and get a 50% difference in framerates, don't ask me why).

Haven't gotten the P47 to work (yet?). Panel bitmaps disappear and so do (looks like) some of the gauge backgrounds or entire gauges.

dj51d
Senior Airman

Post by dj51d »

The textures for the cockpit of the P-47 are in the main FS9 texture folder to save disk space. The cockpit textures are named P47_C*.bmp, I also have a file called P47Innerskin_t.bmp in my main texture folder that I think is from the WOP P-47. I haven't picked up FSX yet, but I have heard there is a way to have common textures in specially named folder inside the aircraft's directory rather than cluttering up the main FSX texture folder. I'm glad Microsoft has provided a better way to accomodate common textures in FSX, in the case of the WOP P-47, having the common cockpit textures saves 56mb per paint.
Dan Johnson

jwenting
Airman First Class

Post by jwenting »

interesting. But what's 56MB per paint on a 15GB base install :)

Will have to look into the braking action. I've now ported 2 FS2004 aircraft and the brakes seem a lot less effective than they do in FS2004. Guess some parameters need to change (maybe the surface friction of runways was modified).

Nick C
Senior Airman

Post by Nick C »

Hey Jeroen, is it possible for you to post what changes you made for the nav/gps and did you tweak the brakes at all?

Cheers,

new reply

Return to “North American P51 "Mustang"”