Nav Database in Comanche

new reply
mathurpc
Airman First Class

Nav Database in Comanche

Post by mathurpc »

What is source of nav data in Comanche? Today I was flying in to Kathmandu airport (VNKT) and could not get the latest approaches to select, compared to Navigraph data.

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Nav Database in Comanche

Post by some1 - A2A »

Hello, Comanche does not have any nav data, it depends on the 3rd party GPS you use.
Michael Krawczyk

mathurpc
Airman First Class

Post by mathurpc »

some1 - A2A wrote: 21 Mar 2024, 02:55 Hello, Comanche does not have any nav data, it depends on the 3rd party GPS you use.
I use the GNS530 available in Comanche. Idon't use any other 3-rd party GPS.

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

GNS530 is developed by Asobo and Working Title teams. It's using the navdata built in MSFS.
Michael Krawczyk

mathurpc
Airman First Class

Post by mathurpc »

some1 - A2A wrote: 21 Mar 2024, 16:04 GNS530 is developed by Asobo and Working Title teams. It's using the navdata built in MSFS.
Can you suggest any 3rd-party gps which uses navigraph database. I have tried to search for it but cannot findone,

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

mathurpc wrote: 23 Mar 2024, 12:04 Can you suggest any 3rd-party gps which uses navigraph database. I have tried to search for it but cannot findone,
The recently released pro upgrade for the TD GTNXi includes full Navigraph support.

https://www.tdssim.com/ProUpgrade/main

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

I might step in to point out, that those approaches into Kathmandu are RNP stuff, and would not be doable with mere GNSS, such as GTN750. Thus, they would also not (and correctly, that is) load from the database.

As far as I am up to speed, the TDS still uses the proper Garmin trainer as its... emulator of the real GTN unit, and it would not be capable of, nor would it display these kinds of approaches. RNP (AR) and equivalent are solely within the playground of some airliners, and very few business jets, meeting the specific criteria and thereafter authorized.

-Esa

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

mathurpc wrote: 23 Mar 2024, 12:04
Can you suggest any 3rd-party gps which uses navigraph database. I have tried to search for it but cannot findone,
You can use navigraph hub to update your MSFS database too, then it should have the same data as Navigraph. But as AKar pointed out, some advanced approaches won't be available in the GPS and this is accurate for those units.
Michael Krawczyk

new reply

Return to “Comanche 250 for MSFS Tech Support”