brakes will not work

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
kpaf
Airman Basic

brakes will not work

Post by kpaf »

The brakes are very weak and I cannot taxi properly. I installed FSUIPC but am confused as to how to use it. Now my brakes are stuck on all the time. using P3D and CH pedals.

Hook
Master Sergeant

Re: brakes will not work

Post by Hook »

Make sure the sensitivity of the brake pedals is set to maximum. I had a similar problem where the brakes on another aircraft weren't very powerful and didn't seem to be releasing completely.

My controls\Standard.xml file currently looks like this after a manual edit:

Code: Select all

<Name>CH Pro Pedals USB{CB657F30-86D6-11E8-8001-444553540000}</Name>
        <Axis>
            <AxName>XAxis</AxName>
            <Index>0</Index>
            <AxEvent>AXIS_LEFT_BRAKE_SET</AxEvent>
            <AxScale>-127</AxScale>
        </Axis>
        <Axis>
            <AxName>YAxis</AxName>
            <Index>1</Index>
            <AxEvent>AXIS_RIGHT_BRAKE_SET</AxEvent>
            <AxScale>-127</AxScale>
        </Axis>
Hook

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Also if the device needs reversing in its mapping, otherwise always on will be applicable until the brake is pressed which is when it will release.

One thing to bare in mind though is that the brakes changing is modelled so should be checked in the sim and fixed if the brakes are wearing.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

kpaf
Airman Basic

Post by kpaf »

I appreciate you assistance but this is all Greek to me. I cannot understand any of the information on any of the forums. I am paying for real flight instruction and want to use the sim for real world training. I do not have the time or patience...nor technical know how to get this to work. Is there any paid service I can hire to set up my flight sim??

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

I'm not aware of a paid service for home flight sims, but many flight schools have their own flight simulators.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

brakes will not work

Post by scottb613 »

kpaf wrote:I appreciate you assistance but this is all Greek to me. I cannot understand any of the information on any of the forums. I am paying for real flight instruction and want to use the sim for real world training. I do not have the time or patience...nor technical know how to get this to work. Is there any paid service I can hire to set up my flight sim??
Hi Folks,

While FS works pretty well for instrument or procedural training - as for your primary flight training - not so much... You might be better off skipping it entirely - if that’s your motivation - just my two cents...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I'd say that's an older school way of thinking, dating back to green is ground blue is sky simulators, and maybe in line with the also old way of thinking, the I don't want failures in my sim because I want to simulate x,y,z dispite not simulating x,y or z because the real world isn't perfect and the ability of getting on with x,y and z should be done with the distractions the real world throws at you for best practice. Both dating back to early sim time and a context that doesn't exist currently.

Come up to 2018 and you are now in a situation where essentially and scarily, desktop home flight sims have become arguable more real than the majority of the professional certified units used to teach PPL and everything above.

You have a very advanced tool, its been proven to work time and time again, and its increase of use the world over by pilots and businesses (flight schools) to save masses of money (students who sim tend to get through lessons quicker, even able to skip certain areas that might take up a lesson, and flight schools can operate no matter the weather etc) shows it has evolved somewhat from the old ways.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”