[FIXED - BAD SAVE] END FLIGHT prompt every 20 seconds FSX:A

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
new reply
flapman
Staff Sergeant

[FIXED - BAD SAVE] END FLIGHT prompt every 20 seconds FSX:A

Post by flapman »

Hi all,
This is a recurring issue that I've had for months and just haven't had the time to try and diagnose it. I'm starting this thread to get some ides and to record my steps/solution if I ever get it resolved. First, the problem:

Every 20 seconds the simulator presents the "End Flight" prompt after selecting and loading the COTS B-377. The elapsed time determined through measurement. This issue is specific only to this make and model of aircraft (I have not tried the guppy).
Windows 10, FSX:A (Boxed) and only started within the last 12 months? (perhaps Win update related?)
With repeated restarts of FSX I can sometimes get a stable simulation session, and can complete a flight, but I have yet found a cause, or determined what's causing it.

Addons/modules:
Active Sky Next
CumulusX (thermal and upslope lift injection for gliders)
TrackIR v5

Default flight:
Trike at KFHR. Airport/time/date changed in free flight screen, then simulator loaded with Trike. Strat selected via the "Select Aircraft" drop-down menu.

My first step will be a repair/reinstall of COTS followed by the most recent update. If anybody has any other suggestions I would love to hear them..going for lunch before I attempt to troubleshoot. Anybody else getting this problem?

Thanks,
Last edited by flapman on 17 Oct 2018, 11:48, edited 1 time in total.

flapman
Staff Sergeant

Re: END FLIGHT prompt every 20 seconds FSX:A

Post by flapman »

Update,

The last 2 loads of the Strat have not had this issue present. I've realized that in my previous attempts I would set the parking brake and set my hardware mixture to Idle-Cutoff. On my most recent 2 loads I left the trike engine running and with the parking brake released, with no END FLIGHT prompt issue. So my current theory is either the shut down engines, or the set parking brake, is causing the issue. I will look further. Nice to see that I don't have to reinstall anything.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

double check your key mappings, something is causing that prompt to come up, ive never come across this error before so its something specific to your system causing what I would assume to be the ESC key to be triggered.

thank,s
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

Hello flapman,
That does sound irritating for sure. I have actually had this issue a few times in FSX Boxed but it was not a persistent issue. The problem is that I don't remember which aircraft or the details of how I got past it. However, I do remember thinking that it was in relation to the Sim thinking the plane was crashed and not accepting the "repair" options of Accu-Sim as a valid function or maybe the sim was receiving corrupt data from the data file.

Out of curiosity can you back up your 377log.dat file found in ~\Documents\A2A\FSX\377 to another location then delete 377log.dat from said folder? See if the trouble persists. It seems like I inserted a backed up copy of my data file when I had the issue and all was good from then on. It's been years so my rememberererer is a little fuzzy. :roll:

Good luck Sir
Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

flapman
Staff Sergeant

Post by flapman »

Thanks for the suggestions guys, here's my recent findings:
Lewis - A2A wrote:double check your key mappings,
All key mappings appear to check out. No joystick bindings are assigned to the "End Flight" command.
Lewis - A2A wrote:Out of curiosity can you back up your 377log.dat file found in ~\Documents\A2A\FSX\377 to another location then delete 377log.dat from said folder? See if the trouble persists.
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it did not resolve the situation.

Today's testing reveals that the engines shut down automatically if I select the aircraft with the trike on the ground. Parking brake or not I am getting "End Flight" every 20 seconds, and it appears that it doesn't matter if I shut the trike engine off, as accusim will stop all engines upon loading.
So far, the only way I can get the Strat functioning normally is to select it from the "Free Flight" screen before actually loading the sim. In all cases the aircraft is being loading on the ground, with no attempts to start in flight.

The only other clue I can offer is that the Strat loads with about 15 degrees pitch up and will either be paused or not.. at which point the nose will fall onto the nosewheel (this causes no damage).

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Have you tried disabling other add-ons?

Do you have something set in the AFK screen?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

flapman wrote: Default flight:
Trike at KFHR. Airport/time/date changed in free flight screen, then simulator loaded with Trike. Strat selected via the "Select Aircraft" drop-down menu.
Might I suggest a new Default flight? Maybe something a little closer to the Strat than a trike, i.e. Beech Baron 58, make sure to pick a large parking spot, shut all systems down, save flight, set as default. Another thought, do you have crash detect completely disabled? If not maybe try the option to see if there is a difference.

I have issues switching planes in-game. Maybe try loading sim with default flight but then switch planes before spawning?

Roger

flapman
Staff Sergeant

Post by flapman »

Update:

It looks like deleting/renaming "B377.dat" in C:/Users/<account>/Documents/A2A/FSX/377 has resolved my issue!
Good to hear that a solution was found, bummed I lost 20 hours of airframe/engine time because of a bad config file :|

Does this file store maintenance status (ie, will I be good with restoring the last B377log.dat but letting the sim make a new B377.dat) or do I have to accept my fate?

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

I think your fate is sealed. Get into the habit of backing ALL you A2A data files up regularly.

So I had the wrong data file in my suggestion above. I thought it was the B377Log.dat files that stored that info.

Anyway, glad you got it sorted.
Cheers
Roger

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: [FIXED - BAD SAVE] END FLIGHT prompt every 20 seconds FS

Post by FAC257 »

flapman,

Your original hours are lost if you reloaded that bad flight more than 5 times.

Take a look at your .dat.bak# files and look for one that is time-stamped prior to the start of your trouble. If one is there, you can rename that file to a .dat file without the .bak tail.
If there is an old one and you rename it, with any luck you might be able to restore your hours.

I highly recommend Roger's suggestion of backing up the entire A2A folder on a regular basis. I try to do that before each flying session. I just leave the back up copies in the Documents folder, but add the day's date to the file name.
FAC257

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”