Airman

Re: A2A Accu-Sim Bonanza V-Tail 15-Minute Promo

Post by bryandraves »

We gonna be able to fly her today? :)

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Medtner wrote:Did anybody notice the sound coming when the beacon is turned on? Is this from the motor turning it? :)
Good spot, and yes, it's the beacon motor. Which is actually so loud it's audible when idling. We've also tied sounds to the physical rain effects. When it really pours, you feel lucky to be inside.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Sled
Airman Basic

Post by Sled »

Scott you tease! haha

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

It's pouring outside right now. Sure wish I was in that Bonanza. :mrgreen:

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

I just created the Bonanza forums to house the manual as a sticky, rather than keep making these global posts (not wanting to over clutter the forums):
http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... 38&t=65240

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

gdzukowski
Airman First Class

Post by gdzukowski »

Scott,

When trying to open that link I get permission errors.

Can’t wait to fly this one.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Should be visible now.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

real
Airman First Class

Post by real »

Thank you very much Scott. Manual already printed. :D

Real

jspringe
Airman

Post by jspringe »

I think I have had the worst/best idea...

"Inspect" costs real A2A flying hours points

:) ... :(
Jason

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

Congratulations Scott on this fantastic release! I know you guys went well above and beyond with this project. Thank you to you and your staff for persevering with this, no doubt a project of this depth had you guys pulling your hair out at times. I still remember when the V35 was 'teased' way back before the Cherokee was released. I had a sneaky suspicion then that Bonanza would eventually see the light of day as an A2A product, but you guys wisely waited until accusim evolved into what it is now.

So Scott, now that you have spent many hours in a Bonanza do you consider yourself a Bonanza 'convert' or are you still a 'Comanche' guy? :mrgreen: I could see you restoring and flipping your Comanche 400, and then when your 250 is ready to go, I could see you going for a V35 or A36. It's like after you no longer need the family station wagon, then you can finally justify eyeing the sports car. lol :D Don't get me wrong, Pipers, especially the older ones, are fantastic workhorse airplanes, but there is a noticeable difference in Beech 'build quality' IMHO.

I find it funny, its kinda like car guys debating which is better Ford vs GM vs Dodge. I recall seeing a rather colorful forum thread on some GA forum, I think it was, A36 vs C210 vs Saratoga...each owner stuck by their bird, and in the end each one has pros and cons, it truly does depend on your 'mission' and budget.

Anyway thanks again for this fantastic release, I haven't even had a chance to DL it yet, but I can tell it is the new gold standard for the FS GA experience.

Cheers!
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

The Bonanza V-tail and Comanche are really entirely different airplanes. The Comanche serves me better for what I need.

My biggest gripe with the Bonanza v-tail is not realistically being able to put anyone in the back seat. It really is no place for anyone but the most motion sickness resistant folks with the oscillations. By contrast, the back seat in the Comanche is a place most people are some comfortable, they fall asleep. The Comanche also has a wider cabin, which again in the real world, is a major plus.

In terms of how they fly, if you have both Accu-Sim planes, take both up in the pattern and notice how different they behave in the air. The Bonanza is SO alive, the Comanche is like a rock. The V-tail is great for having fun (it's quite capable at aerobatics), but IMO not so great for real world cross country and IFR ops. Put it this way, if my son owned and operated a V-tail, I would worry about him constantly. The airplane will bite. When he flies the Comanche, I feel like I have a family friend looking out for him.

Like I said in the video. The Bonanza is basically a GA Warbird. It's exciting largely because it's beautiful and it's a handful.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

I took mine up for a test flight and a couple landings. The first thing I noticed was it felt more like a warbird than GA, which is a good thing for me! Trying to make tight, low turns to the runway because of fog I was also sure that if anyone was in the back they definitely would have thrown up on me! Learning to fly with the coupling will be fun.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

I forgot to say that the thing I like most about the Bonanza is the cockpit layout and build quality, it's just gorgeous. Piper really did skimp in areas where they shouldn't have in terms of the fit and finish. The Bonanza is like a classic Mercedes Benz.

And let's face it, it commands a lot of attention when on the tarmac, almost like a Warbird.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

The Comanche has the fit and finish of American cars of the era in which it was built.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza "V-Tail"”