Group Flight Sunday August 5, 2018

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Group Flight Sunday August 5, 2018

Post by Paughco »

I have an evil plan for the August 5 flight. The T-6 is designed for landing practice, I've been told, so let's do that! Here's my proposed route:

We take off from Arlington (KAWO) at 1830 Zulu (1130 Pacific, 1430 Eastern, 1930 BST, 2030 CEST), with our clocks set to 1130, real weather if the weather is OK, clear if not. We fly up the Stillaguamish Valley to do a full stop landing at Darrington Field. We can imagine that we park our airplanes and walk over to the IGA Grocery Deli for some really great fried chicken. Then we taxi to the active and take off and fly up the Sauk River Valley to the Skagit, whereupon we do a touch and go at Concrete Airport. We proceed to each airport in turn, shooting a touch and go, then getting out of there (GTFO) to the next airport. The airports are:

Arlington (KAWO): Leave 1130 PST (1830 Zulu)
Darrington (1S2): Full stop, taxi back, take off. Field elevation 553 feet. Usual rwy is 28, left pattern
Concrete (3W5): t&g. Field elevation 267 feet. Usual rwy is 25, left pattern
Skagit (KBVS): t&g. Field elevation 145 feet. Usual rwy is 28 (new FAA data shows rwy 29, but FSX/P3D is still rwy 28). Left pattern. Note: I originally had this t&g as Israel's Farm, but you need special scenery to use that
Anacortes (74S): t&g. Field elevation 241 feet. Usual rwy is 36 with left pattern, but be ready for rwy 18 with a right pattern.
Friday Harbor (KFHR): t&g. Field elevation 112 feet. Usual rwy is 16, but be ready for rwy 34. Both are right pattern.
Orcas (KORS): Full stop landing! taxi over to the transient parking for a photo op. Field elevation is 34 feet. Usual rwy is 16 with a left pattern, but be ready for rwy 34 with a right pattern.

I'm thinking a no flap, wheels landing, then power back on for the t&gs. Easy on the rudder pedals! Pilot notes say 100 mph (88 knot) approach speed with flaps up.

Note: I edited this message because I've heard that some folks can't see the route map I posted earlier. I logged off and tried looking at it that way, and it works fine for me. So I added in a more detailed route in text just to be safe. I'm going to practice the approach to Darrington a few times before next Sunday!

Seeya
ATB
Last edited by Paughco on 30 Jul 2018, 19:04, edited 2 times in total.

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Re: Group Flight Sunday August 5, 2018

Post by ratty »

Sounds good, but I don't see your image. Here's the Skyvector version:

Last edited by ratty on 30 Jul 2018, 22:24, edited 2 times in total.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Group Flight Sunday August 5, 2018

Post by Paughco »

Ratty: I edited my original post to add in more detailed text descriptions. Also, I changed one of the t&g fields.

Seeya
ATB

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”