Group Flight Sunday May 6, 2018

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Group Flight Sunday May 6, 2018

Post by Paughco »

Guys: I "pre-ran" our upcoming Sunday flight yesterday. I flew at about from KNBO out to WP7 at 6,000 feet, which was above most of the terrain. Very scenic, but minimal excitement as I flew over some of my favorite RL motorcycle roads. I dropped to about 500 feet above the terrain on the west and southbound legs on the run-in to the Big Muddy strip. I figure either we can do the whole thing at treetop level, or we can practice formation flying from KBNO out to about WP7.

I found this really cool YouTube video if we decide to try formation practice. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQIlDquVU4c. NOTE: This is just for reference. I'm not saying we have to fly like these US Navy guys. Pretty cool form up procedure.

Might be nice weather tomorrow, so maybe I'll run AS4.

Seeya
ATB

Talus
Airman

Post by Talus »

I know I’m new, but I downloaded all the appropriate apps the other day and am going to try and make the flight today!

Talus
Airman

Post by Talus »

Talus wrote:I know I’m new, but I downloaded all the appropriate apps the other day and am going to try and make the flight today!
Except I may have missed it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Talus: I think you were there. If so, welcome to our little squadron.

It's good to play around with JoinFS and Discord even if you are the only one there. Sort of like doing touch and goes in the pattern, I guess. Check out the Settings on JoinFS. They have a spot where you can put in your nickname (a.k.a call sign) and a box to check to make it show in the simulator.

Seeya
ATB

Talus
Airman

Post by Talus »

Paughco wrote:Talus: I think you were there. If so, welcome to our little squadron.

It's good to play around with JoinFS and Discord even if you are the only one there. Sort of like doing touch and goes in the pattern, I guess. Check out the Settings on JoinFS. They have a spot where you can put in your nickname (a.k.a call sign) and a box to check to make it show in the simulator.

Seeya
ATB
I managed to jump in at the end. I’ll have to play around with Join FS and discord a bit! Good flight!!!

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”