Group Flight Sunday May 6, 2018

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Group Flight Sunday May 6, 2018

Post by Paughco »

Let's fly from Burns, Oregon (KBNO) to Big Muddy Ranch (2OR1). A2A T-6 preferred, but anything will do. Here's the proposed route: Image.

If you want some history of the Big Muddy Ranch area, check out these Wiki links: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antelope,_Oregon, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rajneeshpuram, and https://www.netflix.com/watch/80145242? ... b4aa8_ROOT. The Rajneeshies are gone, but they left a pretty good airstrip!

Please be ready at KBNO for takeoff at 1200 PDT (1900 Zulu), Sunday 6 May 18.

Seeya
ATB

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Re: Group Flight Sunday May 6, 2018

Post by ratty »

Looks like fun! I'll be there.

rhenson529
Senior Airman

Post by rhenson529 »

What is everyone flying?
A2A Planes: Cub, 172, 182, Cherokee, Comanche, Bonanza,T6, 377, Spitfire, and P51
Hardware: i7 (5.0 ghz) 32 GB 3000Ghz; RTX 2080ti; 1TB PCIe M.2; 1TB PCIe M.2

suszykuba
Airman Basic

Post by suszykuba »

Maybe stupid question. But are we going to fly on Vatsim? I may appear in c182 then.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

rhenson529 wrote:What is everyone flying?
We typically fly T-6 Texans. Most of us have 'em, and they're all equally matched (unless somebody is running a sick engine :lol: ). We've done flights in Mustangs. I don't have a Mustang, so I fly my P-40 and cut corners off the flight to keep up. Or just fly in the default P3D F-16 :twisted: . Somebody asked about a group Connie flight - we'll have to give that one a try some time.

Usually the person who proposes the flight says something about the aircraft to be used (see second sentence in first post in this thread).

Seeya
ATB

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

Paughco wrote:unless somebody is running a sick engine :lol: )
I caught that. :D

Tail-dragger
Airman

Post by Tail-dragger »

Do tell?

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

suszykuba wrote:Maybe stupid question. But are we going to fly on Vatsim? I may appear in c182 then.
Please check the thread on the nuts and bolts of our MP flights: https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto ... 79&t=63659.

Seeya
ATB

suszykuba
Airman Basic

Post by suszykuba »

Just have done. Thanks for the explanation. Probably I will appear. And one more question. Do you need any kind of atc there?

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

suszykuba wrote:Just have done. Thanks for the explanation. Probably I will appear. And one more question. Do you need any kind of atc there?
We handle all our own ATC. No FAA rules. We just wanna fly our machines and not be hassled by the man! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc14gU-OSMM

Seeya
ATB

Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Post by Paul K »

Might join you this week, as it's been a while since I took part. I don't have the T-6, so I'll look up something of comparable performance.

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Got some good news for you chaps. I can't join you because you use Discord. Tried it, didn't like it. Now if you used Teamspeak you wouldn't be able to keep me away. :D
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

Ron Attwood wrote:Got some good news for you chaps. I can't join you because you use Discord. Tried it, didn't like it. Now if you used Teamspeak you wouldn't be able to keep me away. :D
Not such good news, Ron, we'd love to see you up there! I'm surprised you didn't like Discord; I found it easier and more user-friendly than TS. But join us anyway; you don't have to talk :D

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Ron Attwood wrote:Got some good news for you chaps. I can't join you because you use Discord. Tried it, didn't like it. Now if you used Teamspeak you wouldn't be able to keep me away. :D
Ron: All I know about TeamSpeak is from MP instructions I've read about multiplayer flights on DC-3 Airways. The MP server (custom, based on VATSIM) and TeamSpeak procedures for DC-3 Airways appear much more complicated than the JoinFS and Discord procedures for A2A MP flights. I Googled "Discord vs TeamSpeak," and this is one of the better links in which the two programs are compared: https://hypixel.net/threads/discord-vs- ... s.1150123/.

Please don't let all the banter in the pilotslounge section put you off. Plug in your headphones and mic and click on MP Flying Chat 1 around 1900 Zulu on Sunday. It's just a laid-back flight of a gaggle of T-6s, flying from one adventure to another.

Hope you'll give it a try.

Seeya
ATB

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

First thing that got my back up was that it wanted my email address. Why? So from that starting point it went downhill. The whole thing looked like another 'app'. Far too much going on. I also couldn't see a 'Push to Talk' option. I don't think the world is ready for my every fart and belch. (ask my wife!)
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”