The secret airplane in development

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Loma
Airman Basic

Re: The secret airplane in development

Post by Loma »

Delete please.
Last edited by Loma on 17 Apr 2018, 07:26, edited 1 time in total.

b3a
Airman First Class

Post by b3a »

AKar wrote:
b3a wrote:Ugly gets the job done, Like the Cessna Caravan.
Well, yes and no. Knowing both types in slight depth, Caravan is rather simple, modestly rugged airplane with rather good product support and support systems. Skyvan is of unnecessarily difficult design, relatively fragile construction and lacks of factory support. The Skyvan is an interesting airplane, and in its own way a rather cool type, but it has its other problems outside the looks which probably prevented it of ever being of any significance as a mainstream type.

-Esa
Yah I can tell you quite a bit about that Turbine Suburban as I call it, I have around 900 total time in Legacy and Ex model 208B's. I can defiantly say the legacy (steam gauge 208B's) are rugged. The g1000 caravan is rugged perfomance wise but damn if your operator flies the snot out of them like mine does the G1000's get some major gremlins fast.

That being said I would really love to see an accusim turbo prop. Mainly a PT-6

caleb1
Senior Airman

Post by caleb1 »

I wouldn't mind a turboprop either. I would probably prefer a higher performance/business aircraft such as a TBM/Pilatus PC-12/Epic, etc. better than a rugged plane like the Skyvan or Caravan, but I am not sure what everyone else would prefer.

Caleb
Caleb Byers

A2A Hanger: C182, C172, PA-28, PA-24, J3

PC: Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz to 4.0 GHz, 24GB RAM, GTX 745 with 4GB VRAM, 2TB SSHD, Win 10 Home x64.

Simulators: P3D v3.4, P3D v4.5, FSX:SE

Real Hanger at FD08: 1956 C172, 1964 PA-24 400

b3a
Airman First Class

Post by b3a »

caleb1 wrote:I wouldn't mind a turboprop either. I would probably prefer a higher performance/business aircraft such as a TBM/Pilatus PC-12/Epic, etc. better than a rugged plane like the Skyvan or Caravan, but I am not sure what everyone else would prefer.

Caleb
T-34C would be a blast!

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

b3a wrote:
AKar wrote:
b3a wrote:Ugly gets the job done, Like the Cessna Caravan.
Well, yes and no. Knowing both types in slight depth, Caravan is rather simple, modestly rugged airplane with rather good product support and support systems. Skyvan is of unnecessarily difficult design, relatively fragile construction and lacks of factory support. The Skyvan is an interesting airplane, and in its own way a rather cool type, but it has its other problems outside the looks which probably prevented it of ever being of any significance as a mainstream type.

-Esa
Yah I can tell you quite a bit about that Turbine Suburban as I call it, I have around 900 total time in Legacy and Ex model 208B's. I can defiantly say the legacy (steam gauge 208B's) are rugged. The g1000 caravan is rugged perfomance wise but damn if your operator flies the snot out of them like mine does the G1000's get some major gremlins fast.
I don't recall any bigger issues specific to the G1000 on the Caravan, it seemed to keep up just fine. At least on a relatively new airplane, of specific s/n as it is usually. It appears to eat props fairly quickly (of course, depends a lot on how it is operated), and there was some modestly annoying structural stuff with them, but nothing too bad at all.

-Esa

MaxZ
Senior Airman

Post by MaxZ »

AKar wrote:
b3a wrote: Skyvan (...) and lacks of factory support. The Skyvan is an interesting airplane, and in its own way a rather cool type, but it has its other problems outside the looks which probably prevented it of ever being of any significance as a mainstream type.

-Esa
Spares are extremely expensive. For example: A set of mains rims costs 25000$ and the fun thin is: you have to at least order 15 sets from dunlop, since they are made on demand. LP Fuel pumps are also expensive.

Otherwise it is very rugged. What it definitely doesn't like is sideloads on the nose gear, I would say this is the most vulnerable part.

Maximilian
Public service announcement: You put an aircraft in a hangar, not a hanger.

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

MaxZ wrote:
AKar wrote:
b3a wrote: Skyvan (...) and lacks of factory support. The Skyvan is an interesting airplane, and in its own way a rather cool type, but it has its other problems outside the looks which probably prevented it of ever being of any significance as a mainstream type.

-Esa
Spares are extremely expensive. For example: A set of mains rims costs 25000$ and the fun thin is: you have to at least order 15 sets from dunlop, since they are made on demand. LP Fuel pumps are also expensive.

Otherwise it is very rugged. What it definitely doesn't like is sideloads on the nose gear, I would say this is the most vulnerable part.

Maximilian
Yeah, spares are expensive/not available, nose gear structure is ridiculous and very fragile, fuselage structure is stupid and in some circumstances basically irreparable, flight control system is of questionable design with this spaghetti of meter long rods chained together and riding on rollers which eat away the soft aluminum they are made of and obviously with no spares availability.... etc, minor annoyances! :mrgreen:

-Esa

Loma
Airman Basic

Post by Loma »

Well... Maybe the new Accu-Sim engine isn't an airplane after all but an instructor pilot? :)

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Loma wrote:Well... Maybe the new Accu-Sim engine isn't an airplane after all but an instructor pilot? :)
Now THAT’s what I call thinking outside the parcel! Good job!
It does fit many of the clues, however unlikely I think it is. :)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Marvin-E34
Senior Airman

Post by Marvin-E34 »

Loma wrote:Well... Maybe the new Accu-Sim engine isn't an airplane after all but an instructor pilot? :)
It's obviously going to be a BMW 535i E34 manual 5 speed from 1989 !
The M30B35 is by far the best engine to "accu-sim" :mrgreen:

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Marvin-E34 wrote:
Naah. It's to modern.

I'm all for an Accusimmed Citroën 2cv, with its lovely 602cc 2 cylinder engine. Lots of quirks.
And a lovely sound.

(I miss my summer car!)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Marvin-E34
Senior Airman

Post by Marvin-E34 »

Medtner wrote:
Marvin-E34 wrote:
Naah. It's to modern.

I'm all for an Accusimmed Citroën 2cv, with its lovely 602cc 2 cylinder engine. Lots of quirks.
And a lovely sound.

(I miss my summer car!)
At least you are not going to get much torque steer on take-off with this engine :P

RichardFS
Airman First Class

Post by RichardFS »

RichardFS wrote:
mattgn wrote:
RichardFS wrote:Come on guys, a U2? Be real.
Not sure if serious.
A2A's specialty is GA and pistons. Why would they suddenly jump to a high altitude jet powered military aircraft?
Perhaps you didn't quite follow that U-2 was subtly humorous suggestion to play with the jet idea. ;) But it fits the "data" we think we have..... or that we make up from bits. :mrgreen:

-Esa[/quote]
The original suggestion was in humor but people seemed to have actually taken it and ran with it.

caleb1
Senior Airman

Post by caleb1 »

b3a wrote:
caleb1 wrote:I wouldn't mind a turboprop either. I would probably prefer a higher performance/business aircraft such as a TBM/Pilatus PC-12/Epic, etc. better than a rugged plane like the Skyvan or Caravan, but I am not sure what everyone else would prefer.

Caleb
T-34C would be a blast!
I like the T-34s. I think the piston one to me looks a bit (I'm not sure what the right word is but...) "neater" than the turbine T-34c, but either way, they both would be great if they came out! It does not matter what kind! :)
Good guess.... It would be great to have a new "virtual instructor," especially if it could automatically (maybe with one purchase and it would activate it for all aircraft) be applied to all of the A2A planes. When a new plane comes out and I am unsure how to fly it, the instructor can help!
Caleb Byers

PC: Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz to 4.0 GHz, 24GB RAM, GTX 745 with 4GB VRAM, 2TB SSHD, Win 10 Home x64.

caleb1
Senior Airman

Post by caleb1 »

RichardFS wrote: The original suggestion was in humor but people seemed to have actually taken it and ran with it.
My thoughts on the U-2 are that it would not make sense for A2A to make one of these. And yes, it did not make sense to me at first, but now it does make sense that the original suggestion was in humor.

Caleb
Caleb Byers

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”