P3D v4.2 unable to taxi

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Wings1948
Airman Basic

P3D v4.2 unable to taxi

Post by Wings1948 »

hi Guys

P3D v4.2 on board, newly installed yesterday C172_P3Dv4_academic. love the aircraft but like a few others great difficulty taxiing and I mean really difficult. no problems with any other aircraft. done all the usual deleted reinstalled FSUIPC, recalibrated my flight yoke system, throttle and rudders. the nose wheel trys to steer but straightens itself, have to use massive power, full rudder and stabs at the brakes. but the turning circle is ridiculous, very frustrating. Spent many hours to no avail. any help would be appreciated.

Thankfully Problem sorted with the patch file, however I am surprised that the software is still being released without adding the patch file to the download, it would have saved me personally many hours of time and frustration. That aside I shall now start to enjoy my purchase.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: P3D v4.2 unable to taxi

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the forums,

It sounds like you will want to run the latest Accu-sim updater;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 08&t=57819

Lockheed made an internal change with 4.2 over 4.0 and 4.1 that meant we had to make a change ourselves to update for 4.2 and as normal via the updater. If we had updated the installers then no 4.1 or 4.1 users would be able to run the sim.

As ever, the first stop to save you hours of frustration should be right here, the developers and in our case our great forums here. If you have an issue, just ask. Its a much better experience than just getting frustrated and then finally coming to us so we can point you in the right direction.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Wings1948,

Sorry to hear about your problem and glad to hear you found the Accu-Sim update file.

Just to add to Lewis's comments, we're currently putting the final touches to and testing brand new installers which will update A2A products during installation.

However, if you have any other issues or questions, please drop us a line here.

Thanks,
Nick

Wings1948
Airman Basic

Post by Wings1948 »

Hi Nick & Lewis

Thank you for your replies. It does concern me that a patch is and was available on Saturday when I purchased the C172, it would have been so easy to have updated “FSPilot Shop” to be aware of this patch and include it in their download zip.
The C172 trainer is truly an excellent aircraft.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

as noted that would then mean no other users would be able to use the software. This is one of many reasons why we use our updater service so users, stores etc are not having to constantly have to move, delete and download entire down-loaders for a simple update big or small.

thanks,
Lewis

Wings1948
Airman Basic

Post by Wings1948 »

Lewis

Grateful for your reply. Little point in continuing it only goes into ever increasing circles, my point was simply to highlight the problem I had, find a solution so that others didn’t go through the same. Safe flights.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

No worries, as Nick mentioned the new installers we will be releasing soon continue the update mentality but we have a new system that checks at point of install as well as ability to update an already installed software.

thanks,
Lewis

X24
Airman Basic

Post by X24 »

I'm having the same issue with the latest Prepar3d v5. The A2A updater says my software is up to date.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello X24 and welcome.

This is quite an old thread, so please can you start a new topic and give us as much info about the problem as possible. For example, are you taxying on a default or third-party airport? Is the engine developing power as expected? Are the toe and parking brakes responding to your control inputs?

The more info you can share, the better the chance that we can help you resolve the issue quickly.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”