Comanche jacks p3d v4.2

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Comanche jacks p3d v4.2

Post by Caldemeyn »

Hi all

I just wanted to ask you if perhaps you've seen this happen.

i just did a belly landing on langley afb in the comanche while everything was turned off and then tried to put the plane on jacks, they showed as they should however the plane slowly but surely started to shift its position in space as if gravity was turned off, i got everything repaired post haste, played with slew mode + turned the battery on/off a couple times and the plane somehow reset itself so that i was able to put the gear down. Before that i couldn't put it on the gear.

Realism full, mesh set to 19 (per pmdg settings) no controllers plugged at the time, all mods added, first time something like this happened, never had problems with jacks after a belly landing before, maybe something p3d related ? Didn't check t-6 yet.

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Re: Comanche jacks p3d v4.2

Post by Caldemeyn »

I see now that Mr. Frankie1029 had a similar problem in an earlier post, but no working resolution was present.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

a new flight might be needed, have you reset your flight?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

You mean by reset scenario key ? No, never used that feature. But i was able to get the plane stable and lower the gear by fiddling with the bat switch and slew mode, in the same session.

I just tried this belly landing again, reloaded the plane by exit/reload, it loaded fine, i put the plane on jacks, fixed the plane and left it for a moment, the plane was crooked again, couldn't lift the gear, even though i was on jacks, but i was able to take them away, the plane landed on its gear assymetrically and hit the wingtip :)

To add, never fiddled with the default scenario, so there shouldn't be problems with loading.

Edit. It seems that playing with the battery while gear is up and the plane is on jacks can easily trigger this shifting. Didn't even need to belly land this time. When the bat button is pushed on or off, the plane visibly jumps on jacks and then starts shifting.

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

This is what happens after a couple of gear swings + some battery cycling:

https://ibb.co/fNj7P7

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

Is this an acknowledged bug then ?

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Speaking of jacks, I had cause to use them on my Texan yesterday. Like an idiot I did a wheels up job on a grass strip. Of course I slid off the runway onto the grass. To my amazement the jacks just sank into the soft grass and no amount of swearing would bring the gear down. The only recourse was to leave the sim and restart.

It does, very quickly, get rid of smug mode. 'I have got this airplane well sussed' Oh yeah? Take that!
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

I think they got a bit wonky with the latest p3d releases, not only gear ups cause this but even some typical gear swings and a battery test can make the plane dance on them :) i just imagine a situation similar to when you put a car on a jack and it falls off it and lands on your foot :mrgreen: I'll be sure to wear steel toed shoes around the comanche for the time being 8)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Caldemeyn,

by reset I mean a new flight, from the GUI, not a previously saved flight. I got a slight bump with battery on but its very little, not had it sink in yet.

thanks,
Lewis

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

[quote="Lewis - A2A"]Hey Caldemeyn,

by reset I mean a new flight, from the GUI, not a previously saved flight. I got a slight bump with battery on but its very little, not had it sink in yet.

Swinging the gear is fine, actioning the battery switch moves me backwards a bit...this is with the T-6 and in FSX-SE, just as another point of reference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

Yeah i've done that as well Mr. Lewis, i said that earlier 8), it doesn't matter if you restart the sim (i never use saved scenarios, its a broken feature when combined with complex addons, plus i never mess with the default scenario, so that everything can load as intended and i never load one plane on top of the other, always restart and flush the memory), i explained how you can obtain this effect and shown it on a pic, if you do a couple gear swings and manipulate the battery between gear up/gear down, the plane will start shifting on jacks, do i need to make a video next 8) ?

rbapon
Airman Basic

Post by rbapon »

Any resolution to this issue with jacks in P3D? I'm having this issue with the T6 in V 4.3 but haven't found much info about it. Wanted to test out gear retraction on the T6 but it's like the jacks are on quicksand...

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello the 4.3+ issue will be fixed in a future update which will also include a few other little fixes + new rain effect etc.

Just to check though since the jacks have been updated and fixed previously, you are running the latest P3Dv4 installers and not the old ones, otherwise you are running old versions. We changed to new installers when the new A2A Store was launched the new installers have updater included with them that run on each installation so you will always be up to date when you install and also can easily update from the windows start menu > A2A Simulations > Check for updates etc.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Also, it's worth bearing in mind that add-ons such as EZdok can cause issues with the aircraft jacking behaviour.

Thanks,
Nick

rbapon
Airman Basic

Post by rbapon »

Thanks for the update, Lewis. I'm current with the newest installers and find that all my A2A aircraft have the jacks issue in P3Dv4.3. I use Chaseplane but it doesn't appear to affect the jacks either way as EZDok might.

Looking forward to the jacks fix so I can play with some of those systems management features related to landing gear, e.g., P40 hydraulics.

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”