Request enhancement to add Garmin G5's to panel as option

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
tanery
Airman Basic

Request enhancement to add Garmin G5's to panel as option

Post by tanery »

I just updated my Cherokee 180 (someone did an excellent A2A paint simulation of my plane, N9476J) to include dual Garmin G5's and think it would be great if a similar configuration could be available as part of the A2A simulation. I've already downloaded the G5 simulator someone did and added it as another window, but integrated in the panel would be best.

If you want to see a video of my upgraded panel installation, you can see it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So35bPI42vg

Thanks for the great simulation, I use is to maintain my IFR competency.

Tom

mas618
Airman Basic

Re: Request enhancement to add Garmin G5's to panel as optio

Post by mas618 »

Please delete

Martin
Last edited by mas618 on 06 Apr 2018, 08:18, edited 1 time in total.

mas618
Airman Basic

Post by mas618 »

tanery wrote:I just updated my Cherokee 180 (someone did an excellent A2A paint simulation of my plane, N9476J) to include dual Garmin G5's and think it would be great if a similar configuration could be available as part of the A2A simulation. I've already downloaded the G5 simulator someone did and added it as another window, but integrated in the panel would be best.

If you want to see a video of my upgraded panel installation, you can see it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So35bPI42vg

Tom
Tom - I second that 100%. We've recently started installing G5 in the Piper Cadets where I fly.

Where did you find a G5 gauge - is that working in p3d v3?

Thank you!

Martin

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Sorry Tom, no plans for this at the moment. With so many options we have to just go with what we have as it'd be impossible to model all of them and the endless combinations for a single product.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

tanery
Airman Basic

Post by tanery »

The G5 simulator I found is here: http://www.fs2000.org/2016/12/05/fsxfs2 ... hsi-modes/

It’s pretty good and integrates well with the 172 panels and is easy to add as a separate window in the A2A PA28 simulator, just not into the 3d panel. Even couples with the autopilot (like my real STec 30 integration)p, except it locks onto the heading).

Let me know how you make out.

tom

tanery
Airman Basic

Post by tanery »

I understand Lewis, just thought it was worth asking. Thanks for a great product.

tom

mas618
Airman Basic

Post by mas618 »

tanery wrote:The G5 simulator I found is here: http://www.fs2000.org/2016/12/05/fsxfs2 ... hsi-modes/

It’s pretty good and integrates well with the 172 panels and is easy to add as a separate window in the A2A PA28 simulator, just not into the 3d panel. Even couples with the autopilot (like my real STec 30 integration)p, except it locks onto the heading).

Let me know how you make out.

tom
Excellent Tom - thank you very much, i'll give it a go with the panel.cfg - first time for me messing with that one - always learning!

Regards

Martin

mas618
Airman Basic

Post by mas618 »

tanery wrote:I just updated my Cherokee 180 (someone did an excellent A2A paint simulation of my plane, N9476J) to include dual Garmin G5's and think it would be great if a similar configuration could be available as part of the A2A simulation. I've already downloaded the G5 simulator someone did and added it as another window, but integrated in the panel would be best.

Tom
Hey Tom!

Got the G5 up and running - nice to familiarize with the setup...
1) Have you had any luck upping the refrsh rate on the gauge - it really lags in my setup...?
2) I was unable to set the CRS via the HSI - it seems to be slaved to the CRS on the "old" NAV1 instrument. Also my F1 GNS650 is unable to drive the CRS on the HSI in GPS mode, seems to only drive the "old" NAV1...?

Anyways, thanks your help!

Martin

mryan75
Airman

Post by mryan75 »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 06 Apr 2018, 08:15 Sorry Tom, no plans for this at the moment. With so many options we have to just go with what we have as it'd be impossible to model all of them and the endless combinations for a single product.

thanks,
Lewis
Hey Lewis,

Wondering if his has changed by chance, with the new (to me anyway) G5 from Sim Innovations:

https://www.siminnovations.com/instrume ... -garmin-g5

This would literally give me the plane I fly in real life.

Thanks!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Request enhancement to add Garmin G5's to panel as option

Post by Lewis - A2A »

No changes are planned guys adding those would be a lot of work for less than 1% of the customer base for an older product. Its simply not feasible to support the tens if not hundreds of third party GPS add-ons out there on the market so at release we added the popular ones being the 430 etc.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

zazaboeing
Senior Airman

Post by zazaboeing »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 04 May 2021, 06:53 No changes are planned guys adding those would be a lot of work for less than 1% of the customer base for an older product. Its simply not feasible to support the tens if not hundreds of third party GPS add-ons out there on the market so at release we added the popular ones being the 430 etc.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
Sorry to disagree with you on that Lewis, but this G5's and EDM for engines monitoring are storming the market. It's kinda a norm to see the planes being updated with these avionics now.
Hope you guys reconsider this someday.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Indeed, in the real world I am sure they are in your area but in the sim world not so much and tbh I think you are overstating the situation still. Most GA flying world wide is still steam remember, when you get to small planes you get the point where the avionics cost as much as the plane and the majority of private owners don't invest in this kind of stuff as its just got next to no bang for buck.

Maybe moving forward such software can be supported in the new products.

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”