ORBX KACK Issue

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
DatDudeMIC
Senior Airman

ORBX KACK Issue

Post by DatDudeMIC »

I just installed KACK (Nantucket Island) via FTX Central. Now when I load up the sim, the plane automatically crashes into the ground with out even moving. Does anyone know how do correct this issue?
Keep The Blue Side Up,

Micah H.

Marvin-E34
Senior Airman

Re: ORBX KACK Issue

Post by Marvin-E34 »

Had the same issue, got KACK from the Orbx sale :mrgreen:
You have to disable collisions/crashes :|

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

Sounds like the ground isn't at the same elevation as the mesh? If you have Vector try running the altitude correction tool and see if that helps.

I leave crash detection off also.

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

If you read the Orbx forum you would have read that is a known fault and being worked on to cure.

Meanwhile disable crash detection.

Cheers Chris

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

speedy70 wrote: Meanwhile disable crash detection.
Meanwhile? Always... It's a completely bugged garbage "feature" nobody needs... Everyone knows himself when he has crashed and doesn't need any functions to tell him that he flew into some invisible towers/trees on approach.

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

Weird, never had that issue in the original iBlueyonder version. Think I'll hold off from installing the ORBX version.

LouP

spotlope
Airman

Post by spotlope »

The issue with the Orbx version is pretty simple. When I was converting the SODE features over to ObjectFlow, I had to make a new library of the dynamic objects, and I neglected to switch off crash detection for them. I got it sorted out, but I'm just working on finalizing a couple of other small fixes before releasing a patch via Orbx.

And yes, I agree completely that this is a bugged and nearly useless feature of FSX & P3D. That thing you're "crashing" into with this version? It's the grass. And the fix is to remove all crash detection, so then you can just drive right through a tree or building with no consequence. Neither one is remotely realistic, which is why I always suggest that people just turn off crashes entirely and move on with their day.

By the way, if you ever want support for an Orbx product, your first stop should probably be the Orbx forums. :D
Bill Womack

Marvin-E34
Senior Airman

Post by Marvin-E34 »

Why can't we have nice crashes in FSX/P3D or even XP11 :( :(
Nothing like going 600 knots in a dive in DCS then pulling hard on the stick :mrgreen:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YLBFZY_cxA[/youtube]

Orlaam
Senior Airman

Post by Orlaam »

Well, the idea in FSX/P3D and XP is not to crash. And if you do, it's pretty darn obvious. No need for special effects or sim errors to tell you. The object of fighter games is to not only fly but potentially crash or be shot down. Big difference.

I just purchased KACK, so I'm looking forward to using it. 8)
Chris J.

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU | Windows & Pro 64 bit | FSX:SE

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”