Taxiway collision

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
new reply
LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Taxiway collision

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hello,

I had a surprising and unpleasant taxiway collision. Default FSX AI traffic Cherokee 180 rammed me while vacating the runway. :shock: It was at a controlled airport, I could not believe what I was seeing. I know, it has been discussed here, that it is good to disable aircraft collision in FSX, but I never did. I guess I did not realize how annoying this can be. :x
In few words, I was preparing for a short hop - KEKM IUL KVPZ in my C182. The ground control at Elkhart municipal gave me specific instructions for taxiing and runway hold instructions. While I was doing my before take off check and was ready to call the tower for clearance, I saw a little Cherokee slowing along the runway. To my surprise, little dummy made a right turn to exit the runway, exactly where I was waiting. All this situation developed without a single syllable from tower or ground...

Seconds from disaster...

Aftermath:
I had to - change Oil filter, change oil (because of the filter), fix left flap, repair fuel leak, fix crankshaft, repair right magneto,repair air filter and 6th cylinder :|
Sorry no shot from hangar :(

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Taxiway collision

Post by Piper_EEWL »

I’ve been there. And that’s wxactly why I disabled the crash detection in FSX years ago.

Good thing the A2A hangar doesn’t charge you for this :wink:

Happy flying
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

Very frustrating. I disable crashes with other aircraft but leave crash detect on so that I have to 'pay the price' if I do drive it into the fence, hanger or fly it into a mountain. Backing up your data files is always good practice as well.

Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Yes I guess, I'll do the same. Disable crashes with other aircraft but leave crash detection with other ground objects.
Thanks guys!

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

My final straw was "crashes" that would be detected when I was taxiing around at ORBX's Harvey Field (S43).

Crash detection switch is safetywired to "off."

Seeya
ATB

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

Paughco wrote:My final straw was "crashes" that would be detected when I was taxiing around at ORBX's Harvey Field (S43).

Crash detection switch is safetywired to "off."

Seeya
ATB
Yes, those invisible objects are very aggravating! I have not actually crashed a plane in a couple of years now (aside from invisible objects) but I still leave it turned on. But then there is the issue after a 4-6 hour flight and hitting one of those objects and loosing the hours flown. I run a batch file as soon as I touch down that backs up my plane data files. Accu-Sim seems to update those as soon as wheels touch. This way taxiing crashes after flight do not cost me the last 6 hours sitting at the computer.

Cheers
Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Ahhh that sounds super annoying I do tend to alternate between on and off for the crash detection

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”