WOP Spitfire

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
andrevanvuuren
Airman Basic

WOP Spitfire

Post by andrevanvuuren »

Hello there, I have 4 A2A aircraft in my fleet namely cessna 172,cherokee 180, T6 texan and WOP spitfire , all the aircraft were purchased from A2A accusim except for the Spitfire, which, if I remember correctly, I bought from one of the pilot shops via the internet.
The problem I have is that the only prop available to me is the two blade . Is there anyway that I could obtain an update for the Three bladed prop without having to go to the expense of buying another version from Accusim?

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: WOP Spitfire

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

Make sure you checked "Show all variations" when selecting your aircraft as a start. A2A Spitfire is actually two plane models (Mk I and Mk II) with two variants each. The simulated props are three types - fixed pitch, variable pitch and constant speed propeller.
Spitfire Mk I, can choose between the fixed pitch prop and the three bladed variable pitch. In Spitfire Mk II model you can choose between the the constant speed prop and again the 2 bladed wooded fixed pitch one.
I recommend you get the Accu-Sim package if you don't have it, it adds a lot more to the experience + wear and tear in the hangar.

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Do you have the WOP 2, or the WOP 3 Spitfire?

The WOP 3 Spitfire is the one with the separate Accu-Sim package and you cannot easily change the prop without the Accu-Sim package installed.

If you don't have the Accu-Sim part of the sim, then you need to delete and replace the .dat files found in <your documents>\A2A\FSX\Spitfire, with the ones available for download in this thread.
https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto ... 77&t=37974

Cheers

Steve.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

if you just have the base Spitfire and dont have the Accu-sim realism package for the Sptifire then please follow the link from bladerunner900 post which links to the fix for you to get the correct props.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”