Can't find .EXE

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
SlashFrench
Airman

Can't find .EXE

Post by SlashFrench »

I tried to install the update for the 172 trainer but the installer cannot find the a2a.exe file. I did a search on my computer and I can't find it nor can I find my original A2A trainer.ZIP file. I think I might have deleted it. It is not in the Recycle Bin neither.

Thank you for your help.

Bernie....

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Can't find .EXE

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Bernie and welcome to the forums.

Please can you let us know which version of the 172 you're trying to install. (i.e. which host simulator platform are you using?)

Thanks,
Nick

SlashFrench
Airman

Post by SlashFrench »

Hi Nick.

I bought the A2A trainer R. Nov 19, 2017

Products
------------------------------------------------------
1 x C172 Trainer (FSX) = $68.00
DOWNLOAD ZIP
------------------------------------------------------
Sub-Total: $68.00
Free Shipping: $0.00
Total: $68.00

That's all I know. I cannot find the ZIP d/l file.

I still can fly the A2A I just can't find the EXE file. I use to have the DME at the bottom of the instrument pnl. But now it is gone. Not sure what happened. Anyway I thought it came from the update "A2A_UPDATE_10_12_17.ZIP". That's why I tried to update. .......

I was able to complete the update using .RAR unzipper. But I still cannot see the DME at the bottom of the instrument pnl.

SlashFrench
Airman

Post by SlashFrench »

I am using FSX

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the additional info Bernie. If you've got the 172 successfully installed in your copy of FSX, the Accu-Sim update should find and update it without reference to the original installer. Can I just check that you're extracting the "A2A_Update_10_12_17.EXE" into its own folder and not trying to run it from the compressed zip file?

If you can let us know the exact error message you're seeing, it may help a bit as I haven't heard the issue you're mentioning before.

Thanks,
Nick

P.S. if you've deleted your original installer, no worries as you can log into your account on the A2A store and download another copy.

SlashFrench
Airman

Post by SlashFrench »

Thanks Nick

After doing the update, I found the DME on the right side of the instrument pnl. For what I understand, it should be right below the AP instruments, right?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

The position of the DME set within the panel depends on which instrument configuration you have selected Bernie. With larger GPS units installed, it gets moved over to the right.

Nick

SlashFrench
Airman

Post by SlashFrench »

Ooops! Don't worry I am not always that blind. :lol:

Thank-you anyway,

Bernard....

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”