Instrument repaint

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Instrument repaint

Post by Medtner »

Hi,

I've been racking up over 100 hours in the 172 the last months, flying 100% with PilotEdge (how addictive it is!).
I've always wanted to personalize some of the instruments in the 172 to make them more clear and also less cluttered for my taste, so for the 100 hour service I came up with this repaint:

Added yellow arcs to the oil-temp and pressure. Also I made redlines for the vacuum, to make it more clear that something is wrong.
Two observations the watchful might make: The temp is very conservative in its yellow markings, both on the low and high end of the scale. True, but the green arc is what I normally operate within, so any temps in the yellow would warrant caution if nothing else.
The same goes for the oil pressure. Before having my engine problem with the 172 (see other post) my oil pressure sat just at or below 60psi. This is strangely low for cruise in my experience, so even if it is within "normal range" it is still lower than expected - and therefore the cautionary yellow arc.

I've cleaned up the RPM gauge, to not have it read all the way to 3500. Now it stops at 2400, and thats it.

Here it is in flight. For me this adds clarity, and also a welcome touch of color. Always nice with some festive instruments. I especially love the colors I got in the Comanche repaints I did.

If anyone wants to get this repaint, I can upload it somewhere. If not - this is just for you to feast your eyes. :-P
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Instrument repaint

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Nice work Medtner 8) 8) Nothing wrong with a bit of personalisation int he cockpit

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

Do you use Envtex+Envshade or PTA ?

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Caldemeyn wrote:Do you use Envtex+Envshade or PTA ?
I use PTA, the preset by Matt Davies. Can't be without - it's too "dusty" and pale out of the box, be it FSX or P3D.
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

Thx :)

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”