Missing Sounds

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
jrs182p
Airman Basic

Missing Sounds

Post by jrs182p »

I just reloaded the 182, Comanche and AT-6 onto my new computer and found that when in the cockpit I cannot hear the engine sound. I hear it fine if I move outside the plane. What am I missing?

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: Missing Sounds

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

Check under 'Shift+3' pop-up menu at the bottom left, if the volume is not too low.

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

The internal (Accu-Sim) sounds play through your default Windows audio device, so please also make sure this is plugged in and switched on. (This may be different to the device you have assigned to other sounds in the sim itself.)

If you can give us a bit more info about your host sim platform and hardware, it'll be easier to help.

Thanks,
Nick

jrs182p
Airman Basic

Post by jrs182p »

I have a great OMEN system from HP..... Navidia 1070 GPU and an Intel 3.6 ghz processor. Am using a Logitech headset that seems to work well with all my other aftermarket planes and the FSX default planes.

The situation is that when I am in the virtual cockpit I cannot hear any engine sounds. However I can hear the wheels rolling on the pavement when the plane starts rolling. Also if I change the view to the Locked Spot in FSX and look at the plane from the outside I can hear the engine fine. I also noticed in that view if I cycle the prop the engine noise seems to not change as a real airplane would.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

jrs182p wrote:Am using a Logitech headset that seems to work well with all my other aftermarket planes and the FSX default planes.
Thanks for the info jrs182p. As mentioned above, is this headset your default Windows audio playback device? You should be able to check this by typing "manage audio devices" into the Windows search box.

Thanks,
Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

yes the Accu-sim sound splay through the windows default device, it sounds like your head phones are not set to this device so you are only hearing the basic sim sounds.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

jrs182p
Airman Basic

Post by jrs182p »

Well I checked the sound setup in Windows 10 and found the Headset checked as the playback device. I tried to attached a powerpoint image here but it would not attach. WONDER WHY

I think the problem is something else as all my other programs that use sound are working just fine.

John

jrs182p
Airman Basic

Post by jrs182p »

PROBLEM SOLVED

Just after I sent the last reply I decided to go into FSX and check again on the sound setup. And whala, I noticed that in the opening screen MENU SETTING/Sound... screen that the the Volume levels' Voice check box was unchecked. Checking it solved the problem.

So here is what I deduct - it appears that Acu-Sim is using the VOICE channel rather than the ENGINES channel to transmit the engine sounds. I don't know why that is being done (probably a good reason). But I will advise as to why it is NOT a good thing to do for compatability with other software.....

I turned off the VOICE on purpose when I set up the program very recently. The reason is because I have another software ADD-On AS16 weather management. They direct you to turn off this channel to avoid the FSX ATIS reports conflicting with the ones they generate. So I will have to remember to uncheck the Voice when using the AS16 weather and A2A planes. It is no problem with Caranado or Just Flight planes.

So I would assume anyone else using and setting up AS16 from HiFi as directed will be having the same issue when using A2A planes.

Just for Information

John

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Sorry John, but no the Accu-sim sound engine that allows realistic sound from the aircraft as explained runs external to the sim itself and plays through your windows default sound device. It sounds like what you have done is correctly set this via visiting your audio system properties and then gone into sim and it has worked.

thanks,
Lewis

jrs182p
Airman Basic

Post by jrs182p »

Well that does not make any sense to me as then I would expect that changing the sound options in FSX would have no effect----- But it obviously does.

In any event I have things working again.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

It is not possible to upload images to the forum if you are wondering why. You can link to images from a file sharing or image hosting site as many others do. There is no hidden agenda, just limited disk space.

I can not recreate this problem. The sounds play through the default Windows Sound Device. The FSX sound controls only affect the default FSX generated sounds.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes, turning voice on or off has no affect on our software unless your default device is set to voice and the other sounds through a different device.

thanks,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”