P3Dv4.2 - cannot load/select pilot!

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Adam_NZ
Technical Sergeant

P3Dv4.2 - cannot load/select pilot!

Post by Adam_NZ »

I appear to have a problem with the pilot slot in the payload manager pop-up in P3Dv4.2. I simply can't populate the pilot's seat. The three other seats seem to work fine, but every time I select a pilot, he/she disappears!

Cherokee works fine - and I didn't have this problem in P3Dv4.1.

EDIT: A P3D restart appears to have cleared the problem!!
--
Image--Image

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: P3Dv4.2 - cannot load/select pilot!

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Thanks for the report Adam, can you let us know how many times you had flown before loading or if this was your first load of 4.2? Sometimes the sim will want a start and then restart (ideally the system itself is always good practice).

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Adam_NZ
Technical Sergeant

Post by Adam_NZ »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Thanks for the report Adam, can you let us know how many times you had flown before loading or if this was your first load of 4.2? Sometimes the sim will want a start and then restart (ideally the system itself is always good practice).
P3Dv4.2 had been started/restarted many times. I'd been going through my hangar, seeing if any of them weren't playing ball. The Comanche was pretty far down the list - and after many sim restarts (I was checking/tweaking my PTA preset too while I was at it - hence the numerous restarts).

However .. I suspect it may have been because I'd previously loaded an old Flight1 BN-2 Islander and then tried the Comanche *in the same session*. Never a good idea, :shock: ! That said, it did seem to take a few sim restarts to finally clear the error (I don't give up *that* easily!!). I get the impression that 4.2 is aggressively cacheing stuff all over the place (to help with performance) and they're not totally clearing after just the one sim restart. Just an unscientific hunch :)

With 4.1, I could be very lazy - and jump about from aircraft to aircraft (and that includes some pretty awful legacy horrors) - but with no real issues. Old habits die hard! Looks like 4.2 is a little more strict in that respect.

Anyway - it doesn't appear to be an A2A/model problem - just a "user-procedure" error! :wink:

Adam.
--
Image--Image

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

I've noticed strange stuff with two A2A aircraft, starting with P3D4.1 and continuing with 4.2. When I start the program with the Comanche, along with the aircraft I see the Shift+6 radio window, but it's stretched to the wrong size. I hit Alt to open the menu and select the same aircraft, and everything is fine. I get a similar deal when I start P3D with the T-6, only it's the Shift+5 window that shows up, but it's really small. I select the same aircraft and it comes up fine. Maybe you are experiencing something similar with your setup. Try simply reselecting the same aircraft and see if the problem goes away. Hope that works.

Another thing to watch out for is to make sure your radio window is not on when you are opening the 2D windows.

Seeya
ATB

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Paughco wrote:I've noticed strange stuff with two A2A aircraft, starting with P3D4.1 and continuing with 4.2. When I start the program with the Comanche, along with the aircraft I see the Shift+6 radio window, but it's stretched to the wrong size. I hit Alt to open the menu and select the same aircraft, and everything is fine. I get a similar deal when I start P3D with the T-6, only it's the Shift+5 window that shows up, but it's really small. I select the same aircraft and it comes up fine. Maybe you are experiencing something similar with your setup. Try simply reselecting the same aircraft and see if the problem goes away. Hope that works.

Another thing to watch out for is to make sure your radio window is not on when you are opening the 2D windows.

Seeya
ATB
Sounds like you have a default flight issue, trying to open 2d panels upon loading.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Adam_NZ
Technical Sergeant

Post by Adam_NZ »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Sounds like you have a default flight issue, trying to open 2d panels upon loading.
I'll second that. Though my pilot and/or passengers might go AWOL if I don't start "clean" :oops: , I've *never* had this sort of resizing problem.

Adam.
--
Image--Image

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Lewis - A2A wrote: Sounds like you have a default flight issue, trying to open 2d panels upon loading.

thanks,
Lewis
That's probably it all right. Thing is, I get the same result whether I load P3D with a default P3D aircraft then reload my A2A T-6 or Comanche, or if I simply start P3D with my desired A2A aircraft then immediately reload that same aircraft. Oh well.

Seeya
ATB

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”