Installing on a new pc

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
LennieL
Airman Basic

Installing on a new pc

Post by LennieL »

I recently got a new and faster pc, but when I tried to install the A2A 172 Trainer from a zip drive from my old pc there were problems. Incomplete view of the preview in FSX and failure to load etc. I have uninstalled it now but was hoping you could help me to get a fresh download of this previously purchased product. I have also purchased the Piper Cub but have not tried installing that one on my new pc. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Installing on a new pc

Post by Oracle427 »

This sounds like your FSX installation isn't patched up to the latest version.

First if you are not running FSX Acceleration or FSX Steam Edition? Then you will need to download and apply the Microsoft FSX Service Packs.

https://www.microsoft.com/Products/Game ... Pack1.aspx
https://www.microsoft.com/Products/Game ... Pack2.aspx

That should fix your preview problems.

You'll have to be more specific about failure to load.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

LennieL
Airman Basic

Post by LennieL »

Well, it seemed to install correctly but when I went into FSX I think there was an error message, all 3 options of the 172 were shown in the Choose aircraft screen, but when I clicked on one of the 172s the preview screen of the plane showed just the seats and a guy kind of lying down behind the seats instead of the whole plane. Is this possible to install from a copied file from another pc or am I going to need a fresh install from the website? I'm not sure I had the acceleration downloaded when I did this but I do have it now. Would you suggest trying to reload it? Thanks.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

If you have Acceleration installed and it is still failing then something is corrupt in your base sim platform. Copying installers from one PC to another is fine. But copying the installed files from one PC to another may cause a lot of trouble.

I would try repairing the Acceleration install and seeing how the preview looks then.

The missing textures are a result of not having the required patches. So either Acceleration or SPs 1 and 2.

There is a message normally shown the first time you start FSX after installing an A2A aircraft purporting if you wish to allow FSX to run the .dll. You must accept it or the sim will not function correctly. Failure to accept it will not result in these texture issues.

LennieL
Airman Basic

Post by LennieL »

I was not installing the files but just executing the exe file for the plane. The only file I copied to this pc before installation was the C172_FSX_v2.0 application file and then installed it using that file. Would that be enough to install it? And again, I don't think I had Acceleration installed at all the first time but I have it installed now. Thanks again.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

it sounds like your FSX is not updated, you will need to install Accleration expansion pack or the two FSX Service Packs, 1 & 2.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

LennieL
Airman Basic

Post by LennieL »

Thanks Felix, but both of those say do not install them if Acceleration is already installed.

LennieL
Airman Basic

Post by LennieL »

Well, I just went ahead and reinstalled the 172 and things worked okay this time. I think the problem was that the first time I tried it I didn't have the Acceleration installed. Now I just have to get used to that veering to the left a little every time I fly it again. Thanks for the help!

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Left turning tendencies are the bane of all pilots new and old. Practice makes perfect and have respect for the physics of flight as there are ample servings of humble pie for all. :)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good to hear you are up and running, happy flying and remember to pre-flight and walkaround your aircraft before you start that engine.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”