C172 windows NOT fogging up (P3D 4.1)

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
paradoxagi
Airman Basic

C172 windows NOT fogging up (P3D 4.1)

Post by paradoxagi »

Hi there...

... I recently bought your C172 for Prepar3d v4.1 and I am really loving it. However, I am not really sure if the window fogging works properly as my windows NEVER change in any way, they don't fog up in any weather situation I have tried (with real weather around the globe and weather presets, manual weather and on different altitudes, different cabin air settings).

I have already installed the update 10_12_17 and uninstalled the aircraft and reinstalled it (including the update), but the situation did not change. Also, I am not using the C172 as my default flight (as this broke my hat switch input).

So, how can I get the windows fogging up? Or is there something wrong with my setup/installation?

Kind regards,

Agi

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: C172 windows NOT fogging up (P3D 4.1)

Post by Oracle427 »

Do they fog up when sitting on the ground with the engine off in cool weather?
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

paradoxagi
Airman Basic

Post by paradoxagi »

Thanks for your reply, really appreciated. :-)

Oracle427 wrote:Do they fog up when sitting on the ground with the engine off in cool weather?
No... they do not. We have pretty cool weather in germany these days and this has no effect on the windows. I have never seen them fog up in any situation (and I was hunting for them) so I think I have a problem with my configuration. But I don't have any idea what can be the cause.

First of all, my question is, the windows should still fog up in the current version of the aircraft?

As I only found posts where people where complaining about too much fogging I thought the feature could probably been disabled in later versions. So, if the fogging feature is still active, I have a problem with my setup.

As for the weather, I am using the new SkyForce by REX, but also if I don't use it, the problem persists. As I could not find any modules for SkyForce loaded into the sim (by dll.xml, add-ons.xml or exe.xml) when not starting the main SkyForce application, I am not sure if this can be the cause. Further I am using FSUIPC 5 but I really doubt this is the problem as I think I would have found many others having this problem by web search.

So, I really have no idea what is going on here.

paradoxagi
Airman Basic

Post by paradoxagi »

I just reinstalled Windows 10, Prepar3d (without any add on) and the C172 but with no change. So I think my add ons are not causing the problem.

Maybe it's a video driver issue or related to windows 10 fall creators update. I'm currently using NVidia driver 390.65 so maybe someone with working window fog effects can tell me his driver version so I can test if that one fixes the problem.

Also, as I am possibly doing something wrong or expect the fogging occur in the wrong situation, it would help if someone could tell me a weather preset that causes the fogging easily as all of my tests with different weather situations did not bring it up.

Thank you

Agi

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Agi - good observation and welcome to the forums! :) There is indeed an issue with window fogging in the 172 in P3Dv4 which A2A are aware of. I suspect the lack of virtual condensation will be fixed in a coming update.

Thanks,
Nick

paradoxagi
Airman Basic

Post by paradoxagi »

Hi Nick,

and thank you so much for this information. It was driving me crazy as I thought my completely new setup was messed up again or what so ever. So, it's a bug and I will wait for an update.

:-)

Thank you,

Agi

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome - I hope you didn't spend too much time with troubleshooting. For what it's worth, only the 172 seems to be affected; I believe glass fogging works as advertised in the other A2A P3Dv4 products.

Cheers,
Nick

paradoxagi
Airman Basic

Post by paradoxagi »

Thanks to your information my troubleshooting has come to an end. Anyway, I was running out of ideas as a fresh install of windows and P3D did not change anything, so I did all everything I could think of.

So, thank you one more time... I can relax now without questioning my computer or setup or myself any further.

:-)

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”