No maintenance hangar C182

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Lucbaverey
Airman Basic

No maintenance hangar C182

Post by Lucbaverey »

Since upgrading to P3D v 4.1 I cannot see the maintenance hangar for the C182. When I press shift7 with the aircraft in a cold and dark state I can hear the sound of the maintenance hangar opening, but there is no display screen.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: No maintenance hangar C182

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

is your transparency turned up for 2d panels in the sim?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

mickp
Airman Basic

Post by mickp »

I upgraded to P3D V4.1 applied the A2A update to fix Ground Control of the 182 and Comanche which it fixed but then lost the Maintenance hanger window I hear the sound but it does not appear, all the other A2A pop up windows work perfectly. This makes it impossible to fly with damage on. This situation is the same for the Comanche 250. Does anyone have a fix for this?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

what about the other panels and the panels on the default aircraft?

thanks,
Lewis

Acckkk
Airman Basic

Post by Acckkk »

Hey guys,

I'm having this same issue with the C172 - with a twist... I can see only the Payload and Fuel manager panel. Like the previous poster, I can hear the hanger when the box is checked, but it's nowhere to be seen. I'm on P3D v4.1.7.22841 with the latest October Accu-sim update.

Was there ever a solve for this? I've tried searching this and other forums to no avail. This is not a simconnect issue as I've installed/reinstalled that a couple timed and verified it's functionality.

I would have attached a screenshot, but the forum states the "attachment quota has been reached" when I attempted to do so.

I appreciate any help you all might provide!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

That's an odd one Acckkk. Could you try opening the 2-D panels via the P3D top menus rather than with keystrokes and see if you see the same behaviour? (Vehicle → Instrument Panel) Could you also try the same thing in one of the P3D default aircraft too?

A screenshot might be helpful. There's some advice here on how to include them in your posts.

Thanks,
Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

if only one or two panels are missing its probably because they are no longer mapped. The commands and this function is all default P3D or FSX, so though we say shoft + 2,3,4,5 etc this is just the default commands for the sim. You can remap these to whatever you wish.

thanks,
Lewis

TBryson2
Staff Sergeant

Post by TBryson2 »

I too have the same problem, but on my Comanche. And it’s not limited to the maintenance hanger, but any of the “shift 2-9” keys. Same scenario as OP.

BUT I discovered that if I switch to my Cherokee, the maintenance hanger opens, then switch back to the Comanche all windows will now pop up for the Comanche.

Has nothing to do with transparency or mapping.

TB2
TB2
Ocala Flight Sim Club
United States Marine Corps

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

TBryson2 wrote:I too have the same problem, but on my Comanche. And it’s not limited to the maintenance hanger, but any of the “shift 2-9” keys. Same scenario as OP.

BUT I discovered that if I switch to my Cherokee, the maintenance hanger opens, then switch back to the Comanche all windows will now pop up for the Comanche.

Has nothing to do with transparency or mapping.

TB2
Hello,

if you can start a new thread that would be best at this point as we have three people with similar but not the same symptoms all in the same thread making it hard to troubleshoot.

thanks,
Lewis

TBryson2
Staff Sergeant

Post by TBryson2 »

Being that it’s more than one window does not mean it isn’t related to the same symptom and it is the same symptom as the OP! (With the exception of more than one window not visible)

I open the maintenance hangar, I hear the accompanying hangar open noise, but the window does not appear. I was only expanding to include what I discovered as a work around.

Thanks
TB2
Ocala Flight Sim Club
United States Marine Corps

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

troubleshooting works best when one on one, its highly frustrating for the user, can take several times longer when trying to do multiple users in a single thread, issues tend not to be related with different systems having different issues with similar but not the same symptoms.

I am happy to help if you wish to use this extended method. If jumping in, please try the suggestions mentioned in the reply's and confirm once you are updated so we can move to the next troubleshooting step, which will be a simconnect check and key mapping check.

thanks,
Lewis

Acckkk
Airman Basic

Post by Acckkk »

Hey All,

Sorry for the delayed response... indeed this is not a key mapping issue, as I've tried accessing the panels from both the key commands as well as the menus. I couldn't upload any screenshots as I received a storage related error message when attempting to do so. I'll post a new thread in the 172 forum per Lewis's request.

Thanks!

Aviador51
Airman

Post by Aviador51 »

I have de same problem with cessna.
I have the cessna 182 and its updates, P3Dv4.1, Windows 10.
The plane is going very well, but ...
This morning, by mistake, I have opened the maintenance tab of cesnna 182 and touched the transparency of that tab. It has been completely transparent (in fact, I know it is open because a sound sounds, but nothing is seen). The bad thing that happens to me in each and every one of the screens that open by means of capitals + 2, 3 or successive.
To fix it, the first step was to change the plane to the one that comes by default and then reload the cessna. Nothing.
Next, close the simulator and reopen it by loading the cessna. Any result.
As a third step, uninstall (by control panel) the plane and all the files that refer to it. I reinstalled and I'm still the same. I can not open any of the screens to see the different menus (maintenance, fuel, passengers, etc).
Is there any solution?
As I am very clumsy, in addition to the ship + 2,3,4,5 and so. What menus can I use to open these sections?
Thanks in advance
Antonio de Castro
Last edited by Aviador51 on 10 Jan 2018, 09:29, edited 1 time in total.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

You will need to go to the FSX display control panels and turn transparency back to 0%.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Aviador51
Airman

Post by Aviador51 »

At the end, I was able to open some of the tabs using the top menu of the P3D. I modified the transparency and they all appear again.
Thanks for always giving solutions
Antonio de Castro

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”