Radios-GPS-Lights not working FSX:Steam

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Trance77
Airman Basic

Radios-GPS-Lights not working FSX:Steam

Post by Trance77 »

Hello all,

I recently re-installed the 172 under STEAM edition as I couldn't get the darn thing to start before. Now re-installed with the most recent update and now I can't seem to get any of the lights, GPS or radio stacks, auto pilot, transponder to come on. I've checked all the circuit breakers, i've done the complete overhaul etc and this problem still persists. Also, the low vac L R stays lit on the annunciator panel.

I've re-installed the package and the problem still persists. It kills me that such an amazing payware aircraft like this encounters sooooo many different problems. 42 pages of tech support topics on this one aircraft alone.

I'm reaching out to the community to help me out on this one as I'm at a total loss. I want to train on this aircraft as I'll be going up in the real thing in the Spring and possibly even start my PPL if I'm lucky enough.

Thanks everyone for your help. If there's a topic already started on this, I'd appreciate a friendly "point me there" from you.

Regards,

Eric
--

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Radios-GPS-Lights not working FSX:Steam

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Trance and welcome to the forums,

can you please confirm you have run the latest Accu-sim updater and how you are loading the aircraft.

Don't worry about the number of threads here, we are one of it not the only developer that has an open forum so users can see this stuff when otherwise its all hidden from users, it also enables users to help themselves should they wish, whilst meaning our emails are not filled with the same questions over and over and over.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Trance77
Airman Basic

Post by Trance77 »

Hi Lewis and thanks for the follow-up.

I’ve run the most recent acu-sim update (10-12-2017). I start up my sim via the fsx:steam shortcut (with admin rights). My sim loads up with the default 172 and location is my home airport at CYOW. This airport is a payware scenery from simaddons. I use active sky 16 for weather and have the GTN 750 GPS. I load up with the date and time not synced to my computer time. I always reset it to the current time after loading up the a2a 172.

Thanks.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Okie dokie,

just to check because its best to always cover the basics and go step by step in troubleshooting, but are the things you mention turned on? The individual units can be turned on and off where applicable and also the battery and avionics master must be turned on.

thanks,
Lewis

Trance77
Airman Basic

Post by Trance77 »

Yes they are turned on. All the switches are in the on position but the lights are not showing as being on. The beacon light isn’t flashing, Nav, Strobes, Taxi and Landing lights are not coming on. Avionics are not coming to life whatsoever. So I’m really at a loss as to why this is ocurring. I’ve re-installed it twice to no avail.

I’ll keep on troubleshooting until I get it...hopefully.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

reinstalling won't fix things so best not to do that as it can often complicate things and also invalidates any troubleshooting done to that point. The issue will probably lie outside the aircraft anyway.

Are all the circuit breakers set correctly?

When you go into the maintenance hanger is the aircraft fit for flight with charged batteries or is there lots of red text with lots of things broken?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”