IMPORTANT: Check your controller sensitivities

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
oldsailer2
Airman

Re: IMPORTANT: FSX Users - Check your controller sensitiviti

Post by oldsailer2 »

Thanks for the tip. I've been playing with these adjustments like for ever trying to get better consistent control when approaching for landing, can't wait to try this. I've been thinking my problem was using "auto rudder control" since I don't have pedals but maybe I was wrong.

xxd09
Airman First Class

Post by xxd09 »

Hi All
I have a fairly regular “fluttering “ of aerilons and simultaneous “fluttering “ of joystick in the cockpit in my planes in my P3Dv4.1 setup
Are my Settings too sensitive-should I increase the dead zone
It is a minor but annoying irritation
Anything I could try?
xxd09

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

xxd09 wrote:Hi All
I have a fairly regular “fluttering “ of aerilons and simultaneous “fluttering “ of joystick in the cockpit in my planes in my P3Dv4.1 setup
Are my Settings too sensitive-should I increase the dead zone
It is a minor but annoying irritation
Anything I could try?
xxd09
You will have to experiment a bit but yes it sounds like you have a little noise on your hardware (it will happen over time, I have some on my pedals) and a little deadzone might want adding in.

cheers and happy flying,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

The9thTitan
Airman Basic

Post by The9thTitan »

This tip really helped me... Thanks for posting..

gpbarth
Airman First Class

Post by gpbarth »

So I've revisited this topic, and I'm in the middle of rebuilding my machine. New MOBO (ASUS Prime Z270P), new CPU (i7/7700, liquid cooling),new grafix card (GTX1060 w/6 Gb), 16 Gb 3000 RAM, and I've reinstalled FSX Steam.

I also have the Saitek X55 controller, Saitek pedals, CH throttle quadrant, and a gaming mouse. So now comes the dilemma: do I plug in all of the controllers, do NOT install the software/drivers for everything, and forgo FSUIPC? With this new set-up, it's nice to start fresh, as I haven't installed anything aside from the sim and all of the aircraft. With A2A, I know there is a set-up for the controllers - is this all I should use? With FSUIPC, Pete Dowson advocates not touching the software drivers at all, and removing all controls from the FSX controller setup.

What say you all? Keep in mind that part of my livery will include PMDG 737NGX and 777, Flight1 King Air, RealAir Turbine Duke. I'm listening... 8)
-= Gary =-
MSFS2020, DCS World, A2A Accu-Sim Military & Civilian P-51, Cessna 172, Comanche 250, Win 10 64-bit, I7-7700, ASUS GTX108Ti, 32Gb RAM, 2 2Tb drives.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Gary,

would be best to start a new topic in the pilots lounge to get the general simmers advise and hints of what they do and dont use or do.

thanks,
Lewis

maddz
Senior Airman

Post by maddz »

I use FSUIPC and LINDA (only use FSUIPC as its a requirement for Linda, so really only use Linda)

With Saitek Pedals, Warthog HOTAS thottle / stick

Ive never installed drivers, worked fine without :)

Linda will allow you to set up a profile for each plane you want.

mryan75
Airman

Re: IMPORTANT: Check your controller sensitivities

Post by mryan75 »

For anyone researching this, stop right now. If they aren't already, put all your sliders full right and kill your deadzones. End of story. This made my plane go from difficult to control to perfectly normal.

GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Post by GaryRR »

I have my sensitivities one tick short of max except for ailerons. I have the null slightly more on that.

guillaume78150
Staff Sergeant

Post by guillaume78150 »

I lost that squealing noise of the tires kissing the runway when landing. I was told it was a matter of brakes control setting on my CH Pro Pedal. I tried to change the setting (null zone) but to no avail. Whatever I use, CH Control Manager or P3DV4 own control settings (Menu "Options"), the null zone stays at the same level (nearly 0)... Any idea ?

mountainhighair
Staff Sergeant

Post by mountainhighair »

Scott - A2A wrote: 22 Jun 2015, 13:50 All my null zones are on FULL LEFT, min. If you then find you need a null zone for a controller, slowly dial it in until it's just right for you.

Scott.
Recently I was pulling my hair out trying to get my throttle quadrants calibrated to no avail. Then I had an old mental note creep into my brain about the sensitivity and null zone settings. I set mine to the extreme + like Scott and that did the trick! Now, when I slide my throttle lever all the way forward, then hit F3 or F4, the throttle levers in the VC don't move. This means than when my physical throttle lever is max forward, then the throttle in FSX is also max fun. I have run into this issue a few times and it's just a matter of my aging memory - if I can remember the routine.

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

How to check the VKB-Sim_Gladiator_MkII joystick controller sensitivities and procedures to get it right? I can't handle FLARE well in my flights with A2A Connie and the reason to hit ground hard on touchdown. Is there a tutorial or any other source to find out?
Pat

Freccia
Airman Basic

Post by Freccia »

Nick - A2A wrote: 02 Mar 2017, 06:16 The original embedded video is still there Neon. If you can't see it, it's likely because you're viewing the forums through a secure (https) connection. More info on this can be seen here. Here's a direct link to the original video anyway: https://youtu.be/UL5gsRg2Xo4.

Cheers,
Nick
Hi, the video is private :(

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

the video is an older one for the old platforms.

tl:dr make sure if using FSX or P3D your sensitivity is full on your controller options

thanks,
Lewis

einherz
Master Sergeant

Post by einherz »

i have one idea. what if a2a will recommend forces to force joysticks like x65f realsimulator or winwing? for example for comanche 5kg pithc 3kg roll,,, it's easy testing, just take standard settings for a2a model any stick with that logic, and write recommendation in manual... for fighters i don't know... for landing and take off probably only, because at high speed without hydraulic or servo, it's crazy heavy, and table joysticks will not have physical sensors for 200kg lol... not for use, but just for try it couple a time:)
that's my profiles(one in kgf other lbf, forces for all way stick moving) for heli heavy very convenient, but for aircraft light but not too light is good. i used 3 almost all time, but after start to use pedals i feel some dissonance with too light profile, so use 2 lol. for heli 1. 4 for fun and for calibrate center connect disconnect stick or common hotas usb
just for curious. would be interesting. i think.
Attachments
2024-02-23_003741.png
2024-02-23_003741.png (31.58 KiB) Viewed 26478 times
2024-02-23_003707.png
2024-02-23_003707.png (31.84 KiB) Viewed 26478 times
rank is not classified airman - forum's engine glitch(again!)

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”