lost my steering

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
LouP
Senior Airman

lost my steering

Post by LouP »

Anyone know why my Cherokee won't steer anymore? The animations on the pedals are working ok but she just won't turn anymore. I've see a lot of posts on this but didn't see any solution.

LouP

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: lost my steering

Post by Nick - A2A »

You use P3Dv4 I gather LouP? In that case, it sounds like maybe you've updated to P3Dv4.1 which will cause the issue with ground steering you describe. The solution is to install the latest Accu-Sim update from here.

Thanks,
Nick

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

Thank you, Nick and thanks for the link. I am on 4.1 but I swear I did this once. My panel also reverted from having a rxp 430 to the plain radio panel. It's as if my pc did a restore and set back all my .cfg files. I am having security issues with other aircraft where they are transparent but were OK a while ago. Windows 10 has taken over and I feel like I have lost control over my PC.

Again, thanks for the link.

LouP

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

New that would be too easy lol. "Accusim.dll not found" grrr

LouP

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

Just did a re-install and applied the update. Should be OK now.

Thanks again,
LouP

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Sounds good! Let us know if it doesn't work out...

Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Sounds like something knocked your sim permissions area out of whack causing the issues you are seeing alround. Not sure Windows update would have ever done this, maybe run a full anti-malware scan just to be safe?

You may also have to relink add-on folders and or permissions for your sim (When you install a new aircraft that little pop up that appears the next time you run the sim may have to be clicked again to say yes).

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

Thanks Lewis, yes something has changed but I'm having trouble figuring out what it is. I did a complete re-install of the 180 and then none of the controls would work so I completely uninstalled and reinstalled again and now I'm back to the point where the controls are working again but still can't steer. I'm going to apply the accusim update for 4.1 and see what happens next, it feels like a crapshoot. The frustrating part is that everything is working fine one day and the next day it's not. I have a friend going to similar issues where his control assignments just change at random for no reason. I've had this happen to me also so don't take all of this the wrong way and think I'm complaining about the A2A products. I think Bill Gates is running my PC.

LouP

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

OK, I applied the update to accusim and lost my controls again. So it seems to be the issue. I'm pointing the update to where the folder where the aircraft is installed, is this correct?

LouP

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

The update from memory should find the install for you so long as everything is installed correctly and the system restarted after installations.

thanks,
Lewis

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

Hi Lewis,

I see you found the thread. The update was pointing to my "C:\" drive for some reason and the aircraft is installed on my "F:\" drive under P3D add ons outside of the program folder. I let the updater do it's thing the first time I tried to use it and of course got an error that the accusim dll could not be found. I had to point to installer to my "F:\" drive manually but then none of the controls worked after that. Bill Gates does not want me to update or use this aircraft anymore, I guess.

LouP

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello LouP,

have you checked your controls in the sim are all mapped correctly or that the aircraft is fit for flight etc?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

I think I may have found something after reading through some more posts here. I have all my controls mapped exclusively through fsuipc and this works perfectly for literally over a thousand other aircraft I have installed. I tried the Cherokee by mapping the controls through p3d without deleting the control assignments set up in fsuipc as it was a lot of work to set that up in the first place but the 180 still had no control functions working. Unfortunately, it would not be acceptable to have to remove the assignments I set up with fsuipc just for the 180 as this really works well for all my other aircraft. I am hoping that this is not the case. The fsuipc assignments worked fine before the 4.1 update steering fix and I am hoping the steering fix did not break the utilization of fsuipc. Please let me know if this is now the case with accusim as I was going to pick up the Comanche on sale but it would not be worth it if I can't control the aircraft any more using fsuipc. No hard feelings, it is what it is but I can't afford to re-purchase the Comanche (I purchased it for fsx already, but let's forget that here) if I can't use my set-up.

Thanks for all of your help.
LouP

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

Well, I haven't given up quite yet and maybe this will be a help to others (maybe there's hope). I went into the maintenance hanger and it looks like the aircraft is just a mess and needs a complete overhaul. Prop is destroyed, battery is shot, brakes are shot, left and right landing gear need a major rebuild, both main tires are shot, the nose wheel needs to be replaced, and there are oil leaks. Problem is that nothing happens when I select a complete overhaul. I am able to modify the aircraft with wheel fairings but I can not overhaul the aircraft. Again, everything seemed to be working before the accusim update except for the steering.

LouP

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

This sounds like a Simconnect problem. If you uninstalled P3D at some point, this may need to be reinstalled.

From the FAQ topic in the 180 tech support forum.

P3D - Installed but nothing works and all is broken!?

P3DV2 sometimes wont install the required simconnect files. No worries though as they are provided by Lockheed in the following directory;
\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib

Once you install the Simconnect libraries, restart the PC and check the hangar to see if all is now okay.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”