cessna 172 not starting engine

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
jaimealvarez
Airman Basic

cessna 172 not starting engine

Post by jaimealvarez »

I bought a few weeks ago the licence for Accu Sim Cessna 172 for
P3D and I have been triying to use it but I cannot start the engine of the
plane (even pushing CTR+E code), I have reviewed the forums and tried to
follow some threads but the instrucctions on those cases were not valid in
my case. Not even saitek flight controls are working with the plane.

The only thing that seems to react to the CTR+E code is the artificial
horizont that starts to move into a horizontal position while a red label
hide off on the left corner at the top of the instrument. But after a few
seconds this label shows up again and nothing happen.

Fuel tanks indicate to be unloaded but by pushing SHIFT+4 (fuel and payload) I can observe that Fuel is loaded (100%)

I have installed the Accusim update but it still doesnt work. I have
reinstalled prepared and the A2A software unsucessfully.

Could you please help me to solve this issue.

thank you.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: cessna 172 not starting engine

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the A2A forums.

Please can you let us know what you see if you check the maintenance hangar (shift + 7)? If there are lots of red entries indicating 'broken' components, the solution is likely to be installation of the legacy SimConnect client as described in the FAQ thread.

The default file location for the file is: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi.

I've borrowed the image below from from forum member "Poppet", but this is what you should be doing to install SimConnect...

Thanks,
Nick

jaimealvarez
Airman Basic

Post by jaimealvarez »

Thanks Mick.
It seems there are a lot of broken things (propeller, oil leak, etc.) as shown below. Would you mid to post the link to the forum thread that explain the solution for this issue. Thanks again.

I am not able to upload the JPG image showing the hangar. Sorry.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Have you tried the steps Nick referenced above? They should fix your problem. It is only a matter of running the installer for Simconnect, restarting your PC and you should be all set.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

jaimealvarez
Airman Basic

Post by jaimealvarez »

Thanks again. I've already did it but still continue the same problem.

jaimealvarez
Airman Basic

Post by jaimealvarez »

Has anyone figure out what this issue could be and has came up with a solution?
Thanks in advance.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

So the maintenance hangar still displays everything as broken and a complete overhaul does not help? Please confirm this.

When you start the simulator what shows up as your default flight options? Have you saved any flights and made any of these saved flights your default?

Have you tried to run the simulator as admin?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

jaimealvarez wrote:It seems there are a lot of broken things (propeller, oil leak, etc.) as shown below. Would you mid to post the link to the forum thread that explain the solution for this issue. Thanks again.

I am not able to upload the JPG image showing the hangar. Sorry.
Here the link to the FAQ thread: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 08&t=35640.

Oracle's point about your default start-up scenario is a good one. If you've saved the Cessna 172 as the aircraft in your default flight, that could explain the behaviour you're seeing.

When it comes to attaching images, you'll need to uploading them to a file hosting site and post a link. More info on this here.

Thanks,
Nick

jaimealvarez
Airman Basic

Post by jaimealvarez »

Hello there. Thanks again for your help but unfortunely no one of those solutions worked for me. I´m still experiencing the same problem. I kave even installed in another computer and got the same issue.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cwv1g7mfudakg ... r.jpg?dl=0

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the screenshot jaimealvarez.

One thing you haven't confirmed is if you've tried the "complete overhaul" button at bottom right? Please can you check this. If you have and it doesn't work, it seems to suggest an issue with either the SimConnect client as discussed, or with A2A's Accu-Sim dll which simulates the aircraft 'state'.

Please can you confirm which version of P3D you're using and whether you've installed the correct version of the downloaded Cessna 172? (There's one installer for 32-bit P3D v1, 2 or 3 and a different one for 64-bit P3D v4).

Please can you also let us know if you have full administrator rights for the Windows account(s) which you've installed to?

Thanks,
Nick

P.S. Saving a default flight in the sim which uses the A2A Cessna could also cause issues such as this. It's best to keep one of the default P3D aircraft for the default start up scenario.

irishlad200000
Airman

Post by irishlad200000 »

Hi Jameal

I had issues too at the start! I always check the maintenance hanger before a flight and fix anything red. Just keep clicking on the components to fix them. Overhaul might be the best to sort everything quickly!

Tried so many times to start the engine! Once I realised that this plane actually simulates the engine being cold I nailed it. After your checks as per A2A checklist in the sim. Flick the two battery switches on. Push the throttle in 1/4 inch and have the mixture fully out (closed). Flick aux fuel pump and watch the fuel flow on the gauge and slowly advance the mixture lever until the needle moves. Turn the key to start and hold it. Once the engine starts slowly advance the mixture lever fully in and continue to do the further checks. Remember to turn off the aux fuel pump!

Just had my first few real lessons in the 172 and it’s crazy how real this sim is!! Every noise and action is the real thing!! I’ve been into flight sims for many years. Just bear with it. This plane is worth taking the time to learn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jaimealvarez
Airman Basic

Post by jaimealvarez »

Thanks everyone.
The overhaul button doesnot seems to work. Every single red thing stays the same after I press it.
The version of Prepar3d I´m using is v3. I´m using Windows10 64 bits.
I have solved this issue in another computer (a little bit older but same software and operating system) just by installing the SimConect
I have administrator rights.
Will try to reset the default flight and come back to the initial settings. Do you know if there is any short cut to do it? (I reinstalled both prepar3d and A2A before but the default flight remainded somewhere...

I´m considering to format the whole computer and start from scracth... i´m kidding.

Thanks Irishlad. I'm aware of the realism of the C172 sim. Actually I was interested in this software as to practice spins, wind shear situations and random failures just to have an edge on my PPL experience. Thanks.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

I would try reinstalling simconnect just as you did for your previous machine. That is a requirement to run the A2A software as per the tech support FAQ thread.

If this fixed the issue on your other machine, it should fix it here.

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 08&t=35640

P3D - Installed but nothing works and all is broken!?

P3DV2 sometimes wont install the required simconnect files. No worries though as they are provided by Lockheed in the following directory;
\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes simconnect does sound like the issue here, a reinstall and system restart should see you good. Be sure to not be using a complex simulation be it an Accu-sim aircraft or another as your default flight also to help prevent initial flight load issues.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”