Needed Readme B-17 Manual

A Living Legend
new reply
Edmeister
Airman

Post by Edmeister »

Hi guys, I'm back. I recently purchased the A2A B-17 with the addon pack, via download. The installation went
seamlessly. But for such a complex aircraft, it seems like there should have been more instructions on how to
operate it.(ie clickable buttons). Am I missing something? If I had purchased a boxed or cd version, not the download, would the game have come with a printed manual?

Thanks in advance,

Edmeister :)

razark
Airman Basic

Re: Needed Readme B-17 Manual

Post by razark »

In the FSX folder, look for a folder called "A2A". Under that, look for a folder "B17".
Then locate the "A2A B17 Accusim Manual.pdf" file there.

At least it's there on mine.
ImageImage

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Hi Edmeister, the link for the A2A manual is two posts above yours (or thereabouts). It is near to 150 pages (or more) and covers almost everything to get you started. Additionally, here is a link https://www.dropbox.com/s/57icvb5h6famu ... l.pdf?dl=0
to a copy of a real manual. You can use this to further your education as a lot of the information contained within is actually relevant. To get your head around the C-1 autopilot here is a link to a video possibly produced by someone who is around on the forums: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDpqwop4zRc I have some other documents that may be interesting for you just from an historical and mechanical sense...but they are currently scattered across zip drives in my office. All of them are, or were freely available on the web but took a bit of persistence and creativity to find. If you want, I can try to dig those up, or you can start your own search for any and all information B-17 related!
This is a really easy, immersive and enjoyable aircraft to fly, once you get past your own "break-in" period!

Edmeister
Airman

Post by Edmeister »

Jacques,thanks for the info. I downloaded the A2A manual. That will get me started. I have always been a big fan of the B-17. Back in 1995, I attended the 50th anniversary of the end of WW2 airshow
of the Commerative Airforce in Midland Texas. They had three Forts there. Aluminum Overcast, Texas
Raider, and I don't recall the name of the third one. The CAF reenacted major air battles of WW2,
complete with pyrotechnics. It was very impressive. I have quite a few books on WW2 aviation.
B-17 by Jablonski is really good. So is the Man Who Flew the Memphis Belle. Again thanks !

Edmeister
Airman

Post by Edmeister »

Razark, thanks for your help. All I had with my copy of the game was the auto installer. Anyhow,
everyone here has been so helpful.

Thanks again,

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

I would also recommend reading through the forum when you are not flying. The B-17 has been out for a while now, and there is a ton of information for you in the forum pages. So, almost any difficulty you might encounter has likely already been discussed and solved in those posts. You will learn, a lot, and its an enjoyable way to spend some time with the Fortress when you're not flying the fortress!

Edmeister
Airman

Post by Edmeister »

Thanks, Jacques, I will do that.

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”