Couple of new repaints

A Living Legend
new reply
JH979
Airman Basic

Couple of new repaints

Post by JH979 »

Just thought I'd post this in case anyones interested. I decided to have a go at painting the B-17 as a US Coastguard PB-1G and an Air Tanker.they are fairly basic but no one has done these versions that i know of yet.I uploaded the files to to Flightsim.com earlier this evening so if I've done everything correctly they should be available in the next couple of days.

Jim Hayes

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Couple of new repaints

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Great first go out, I hope you continue your painting adventure. There are some great painters here on the forums many who started like you have here with an A2A repaint and then continued to learn and create new repaints each a little more refined than the last. Great job so far, look forward to see your future repaints too.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

FireRescue85
Senior Airman

Post by FireRescue85 »

Thank you for doing these! I have been scouring the internet trying to find any coast guard repaint or air tanker repaint, and now they're both here in this thread! Keep up the good work!

-Scott
Fire Marshall, Firefighter/Emergency Medical Tech.

B-17G
B377
L-049

JH979
Airman Basic

Post by JH979 »

Thanks for the kind words guys. I wasn't happy with the Coast guard repaint so I redid it using a different yellow and removed the black lines on the wings along with a few other changes.I uploaded the revised version to Flightsim.com tonight so it should be available in a couple of days. I've posted a screenshot of the new version below.

Thanks

Jim

FireRescue85
Senior Airman

Post by FireRescue85 »

I saw this aircraft floating around a documentary I was watching. If you're looking for a new project it might be worth a look. It's the B-17's that were assigned to the 8th Army as the Air-Sea Rescue division.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dumbo_(air-sea_rescue)
Fire Marshall, Firefighter/Emergency Medical Tech.

B-17G
B377
L-049

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”