Wierd Problem with All Planes with Hangar

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Neon
Technical Sergeant

Wierd Problem with All Planes with Hangar

Post by Neon »

Heyo,

I have this wierd problem with all my planes that have the maintenaince hanger like in the C182. In the airliners
it's fine. The problem, is all those planes, the C182, the Cherokee, The Commanche 250. All have destroyed
propellors, and fuel leaks, and they can't be fixed. The planes won't start. Also all the lights outside the
airport have black boxes around them.

I've reinstalled FSX 4 times the right way. Reinstalled all the scenery, all the planes, then all the utility/mods
and this problem remains. The black boxes I think is an Orbx issue, so unless someone knows how to fix it we can
dump that one.

The planes though, will start for 30 seconds or so then fail to start, and the props won't turn as if they have flat
batteries. Complete overhaul does nothing to fix this. Since I only just finished installing all the A2A planes
I was expecting them to work. Could the antivirus be causing this? Have you seen it before? Know how to fix it?

Here's an image of the boxes:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dzJ3bP ... sp=sharing

Thanks

Neon

Neon
Technical Sergeant

Re: Wierd Problem with All Planes with Hangar

Post by Neon »

Two days ago I would've expected some help from the community before this. :(

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Neon, Are you using Orbx scenery, and are you using Steve's dx10 Fixer. I had a similar problem a few years ago, but can't remember the fix, except it was dead simple. Maybe search for "black boxes around lights" on the forums. Sorry, thats the best I can do now as I'm not near my computer at the moment.

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi Neon,

Try to reinstall SimConnect. The issue, with all broken on the plane model in the hanger is often caused by a corrupted simconnect.
Here is SimConnect, you can download and reinstall.

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Neon,

sorry for the delay, the thread got marked as read on my laptop for some reason. Your issue with the aircraft at least does sound like a simconnect issue, for the lights that sounds like a missing texture not loading correctly, or as someone mentioned if running dx10 then the dx10 fixer is a must to help overcome the 'preview' into a more finished state. In this case you have to run the dx10 fixer config tool so it can convert effects for you, only takes a few seconds normally.

thanks
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Neon
Technical Sergeant

Post by Neon »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello Neon,

sorry for the delay, the thread got marked as read on my laptop for some reason. Your issue with the aircraft at least does sound like a simconnect issue, for the lights that sounds like a missing texture not loading correctly, or as someone mentioned if running dx10 then the dx10 fixer is a must to help overcome the 'preview' into a more finished state. In this case you have to run the dx10 fixer config tool so it can convert effects for you, only takes a few seconds normally.

thanks
Lewis
Hey Lewis,

I reinstalled SimConnect from the link above, and also applied the DX10 fix, but both problems remain. What's more, all the A2A planes with the
advanced hangar, all spawn in the air falling, and the elevator will not work, even though it does with other planes. Even if I use slew mode
to get it to the ground, I still can't fix anything. Reinstalling it doesn't solve it either. As I said, I've rebuilt FSX now completely from scratch
4 times trying to solve this, including correctly removing everything in the order it was applied. ie Scenery first, then planes then mods.

I've never seen this before, so I am completely stumped, which sucks because I want to do a world trip in either the 377 or Connie, and put
it on my channel, but atm I can't do anything except fly Carenado toy planes. lol

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

spawning in the air will be because your default flight is an air start that's an easy one to solve.

For the control issues, are you using FSUIPC? Do you have controls enabled in the sim?

thanks,
Lewis

Neon
Technical Sergeant

Post by Neon »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

spawning in the air will be because your default flight is an air start that's an easy one to solve.

For the control issues, are you using FSUIPC? Do you have controls enabled in the sim?

thanks,
Lewis
Hey Lewis,

My default flight for that flight was left parked on the apron I think park 4 YPPF. I do not use FSUIPC. The control issues
only apply to this plane. All other planes work fine. It's just the Cherokee 180 that does it. Wierd right?

So I loaded one of the Warbirds, the P47, and crashed it deliberately to see if I could overhaul it to fix
it. I can't. This applies to all A2A planes, none can be repaired. Damage is ON.

My biggest problem is the fact that ALL my exended hangar (with mods) planes are wrecks that can't be repaired. How do
I fix this? They all have fuel leaks and broken props.

Thanks

>confused< Neon

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

this points to a simconnect issue and or a corrupt FSX. Are you running steam edition or disc edition?

Also make sure you try a new flight and a new default flight as if you have a corrupt one that could be breaking your simconnect upon loading.

thanks,
Lewis

Neon
Technical Sergeant

Post by Neon »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

this points to a simconnect issue and or a corrupt FSX. Are you running steam edition or disc edition?

Also make sure you try a new flight and a new default flight as if you have a corrupt one that could be breaking your simconnect upon loading.

thanks,
Lewis
Hi Lewis,

I managed to fix the problem. I've reinstalled all planes and scenery many times now, but finally managed to get it
all to work. So it's all good now I hope. :)

Thanks for the help

Neon

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good to hear, happy flying

thanks,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”