FSX to P3Dv4 still on?

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
new reply
BBCM
Airman Basic

FSX to P3Dv4 still on?

Post by BBCM »

Is A2A still planning to offer an update path to P3Dv4 for those with FSX A2A products? The last announcement
I could find was from back in May.

Thanks - Bob

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: FSX to P3Dv4 still on?

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

we have never had any upgrade path as a change of platform isnt an upgrade path just a change of software. We have FS2004, FSX and P3D software available, at the time of this post.

We have offered FSX users to upgrade through the life of FSX from retail through to SP2 and offer the same for P3D users from v2-4 thus far.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

BBCM
Airman Basic

Post by BBCM »

Lewis: I sent a PM, did you receive that?

Thanks - Bob

springlewongle
Airman Basic

Post by springlewongle »

I am with Bob. There must be many FSX users who have moved to P3Dv4 and have A2A FSX products that are now a wasted investment.
How about a 'trade in' option as a gesture - not expecting a free product.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

A2A never offered a path from one platform to another. They have offered bundle packages for some time for those that wanted to purchase licenses for both the FSX and P3D platforms.

FSX users have not been offered paths to go to X-Plane or Aerofly or Flight Sim World. Going over to P3D is really no different.

This is the risk we always have run with investing in our flight sim platforms. We have been spoiled by MS providing a fairly backwards compatible platform that generally enabled us to migrate many of our older add-ons. That said, many of our add-ons could not migrate indefinitely or at all and we were forced to buy newer versions that would work with the new engines.

P3D is not backwards compatible and was never meant to be. It is a new platform with a distinct development branch. We have a choice to continue using our older platforms with everything that we purchased for it for as long as we desire, or making the choice to abandon it and move on.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

CarbonBasedLifeForm
Airman

Post by CarbonBasedLifeForm »

Oracle427 wrote: FSX users have not been offered paths to go to X-Plane or Aerofly or Flight Sim World. Going over to P3D is really no different.
A2A planes are available for Flight Sim World?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

No we have no Flight Sim world products. We have a great FS2004, FSX and P3D line up available in the A2A Store here;
https://www.a2asimulations.com/store/

thanks,
Lewis

springlewongle
Airman Basic

Post by springlewongle »

You will know that Just Flight are offering a discount to customers upgrading the Q400 from FSX to P3d. I am just about to pay them.

I appreciate this is your choice and a commercial decision. As is ours regarding your products in the future .........

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

springlewongle wrote:You will know that Just Flight are offering a discount to customers upgrading the Q400 from FSX to P3d. I am just about to pay them.

I appreciate this is your choice and a commercial decision. As is ours regarding your products in the future .........
Hello,

we also offered a discount at release of the P3D platforms and since them have produced entire bundles for users of both platforms;
https://a2asimulations.com/store/index. ... x&cPath=12

thanks,
Lewis

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

A bundle means nothing to someone that already has your full line up for FSX, just saying. And P3Dv4 is really just a recoded FSX that requires re-compiling for FSX products but business is business. A discounted upgrade would be the right thing to do for longstanding customers but I am sure there are some contractual agreements that can't be discussed that make this a touchy subject and are instead covered over with empty sounding statements.
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

we also offered a discount at release of the P3D platforms and since them have produced entire bundles for users of both platforms;
https://a2asimulations.com/store/index. ... x&cPath=12

thanks,
Lewis

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

P3D was pretty buggy at that time Lewis and it didn't make sense to switch platforms for another 32bit platform that had a ways to go before being a viable alternative. You guys have a right to run your company any way you please and I have been very happy with your products even if I don't get a chance to fly much. It would cost me close to five hundred dollars to update my A2A aircraft alone to P3Dv4, that's a lot of scratch for anyone just looking for a better sim experience within the confines of FSX based simming. Please don't take this as complaining because your company is without a doubt the best out there, I think myself and many other long time customers are just a little disappointed that there wasn't a permanent upgrade discount implemented.
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

springlewongle
Airman Basic

Post by springlewongle »

It’s not too late to offer a discounted upgrade.
Such great products deserve great customer care.
I miss my Skylane.

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

And, as retired Accountant, I must point out that an upgrade option is probably cost beneficial in the long run.

I for one, bought the C182 a couple of months ago, but given the cost of 'upgrading' to P3D v4 will be around 700 quid, incl a new SSD drive, I am planning the move around next Easter, as other things have priority at present (like incontinence pads etc.).

So, I have put a hold on buying anymore addons for FSX, UNLESS.... there is either a free OR nominal upgrade price.

So the Dash 8 for example, has a 15 quid (from 50) upgrade price.... so I bought it for FSX. But the PMDG 747 v3 that I want, will have to wait.... at 80 quid, and no upgrade discount !

Same for A2A.... I desperately want another 2 or 3..... and I will get them, but not until I switch to P3D.

The bottom line: if it was 10 or 20 quid to upgrade to the P3D version, I'd probably get 1 or 2 now, for FSX, and pay the upgrade fee as and when. You guys would then be better off.... by 10 or 15 quid per addon sold to me.

Anyhow, I guess it' s all somewhat moot now, as I would imagine (I don't know ?) that most people have already switched to P3D !

On another issue, what about Black Friday deals....? I'm about to melt my credit card on FTX stuff.... 45% off. Hell, I may get the entire Global stuff and a bunch of regions and airports. Their stuff is all good for P3D, so I can justify it.

And, last week I hit another company with 40 quid, as they were knocking out "OK" aircraft, that will keep me going, for half price......!

Basically, everyone loves a bargain, so it makes sense.
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 32GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 970 plus M.2 nvme (1TB) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with P3Dv4, AS + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”