Throttle does not work

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
flyblueskies
Airman Basic

Throttle does not work

Post by flyblueskies »

The throttle moves when I move the throttle on the joystick. But, it's as if the cable is disconnected from the engine.

When I use another paint of the 250, the throttle does work correctly. The engine revs up, etc.

So, the problem is only with one version of the 250.

I did a complete overhaul, but the problem is still there...

I move the throttle full in via the joystick, the throttle does move in completely on the panel, but the engine does not rev up.

Not sure what to look at next...

This is with P3DV4.1 and I have installed the A2A update to correct the steering issue (which is not a problem now).

I only installed the Client only.

J van E
Staff Sergeant

Re: Throttle does not work

Post by J van E »

Might help if you say which version/paint exactly doesn't work.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

An incorrectly installed repaint can cause this trouble. Double check that the cfg file has the correct syntax after modifying the file.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

flyblueskies
Airman Basic

Post by flyblueskies »

Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm using the stock A2A Piper Ps-24 250 Comanche N822JH (Red version).

I've not done any repaints of this nor have I modified the config file. However, this is a good suggestion..which config file should I look at?

I should add, that it was working OK during a flight. However, during the flight I lost 'power' and thought it was fouled plugs or ice build up.

It was after this, that I found out that while the throttle moved correctly, the engine did not respond...again, as if the throttle cable broke...is it possible the A2A simulates this?

flyblueskies
Airman Basic

Post by flyblueskies »

Well, I've rebooted and all is well now. Not sure what the problem was, but it appears to be gone now.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

flyblueskies wrote:I should add, that it was working OK during a flight. However, during the flight I lost 'power' and thought it was fouled plugs or ice build up.

It was after this, that I found out that while the throttle moved correctly, the engine did not respond...again, as if the throttle cable broke...is it possible the A2A simulates this?
Well, this does sound a lot like carburettor icing, though it's perhaps noteworthy that another poster has mentioned a similar issue since installing the latest Accu-Sim update. I'm stuck away from home at present so haven't tried the update myself, but if the same thing happens again I'd recommend pulling out the carb heat lever or pressing 'H' on the keyboard which does the same! :)

Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes that does just sound like a very heavy ice build up with no input from the pilot to prevent.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”