VERY Frustrated!

A Living Legend
new reply
rodtod423
Airman

VERY Frustrated!

Post by rodtod423 »

I have had a lot of problems with P3D and had to reinstall it clean. THis is not the first time. But, what is the first time is the problems I am having getting my A2A B 17 and Cub back into the Simulator. Ihave run them for years with no problems. But now, when I try to install I get an error message that says, "you do not have access to make the required system modifications. Please rerunthis installation from an Administrators account." Well, I am !!! I double check via the CMD command! I have had to reinstall before and never had this issue. I even downloaded againin case I had a corrupt zip file saved. Any ideas????

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Re: VERY Frustrated!

Post by WB_FlashOver »

Have you tried Right Clicking on the installer and choose "Run As Administrator"? This will require moving the installer out of the .zip file first.

Good Luck
Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yup sounds like you are not top level admin and or don't have admin priv for full read/write/edit for the areas to install too. Check your folder permissions too.

Remember though the two FSX products you mention are not created for, nor supported on the P3D platform.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

rodtod423
Airman

Post by rodtod423 »

First, yes I did right click. And for the year I have had this computer, it just has never been a problem. Today it is. As far as the products being made for FSX, I have run them on my last computer since I bought them in P3D v3 with no problems. And for a year after I got this one. The zip file I had saved on another drive on this computer so these are files that successfully worked on this computer in this program before. The only thing different is that I had to reinstall P3D due to issues it was having. CTD's.

rodtod423
Airman

Post by rodtod423 »

And today.....everything works great. I got an update from Windows when I shut the computer off, and when I tried again today, it worked. This is the joys of Windows 10.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

If they seem to work or not, they are still not created for nor officially supported for a different platform, in this case the separately licensed Professional Lockheed Prepar3d simulation platform.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Hunter-MK58
Airman Basic

Post by Hunter-MK58 »

Hello everybody
May I add here my Installation Problem, which is similar to rodtod423's problem?
I fly the WOP-B17 since years with many joy. Now I got to install my flight sim stuff on a new computer. So far everything went well. No problems not even with all the other A2A-Acusim Airplanes I own. Now when I want to reinstall the B-17 it appears, that I'm able to install the aircraft, but not the Acusim-extension anymore..
I always get the error message: "The file 'D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\\WoP2_b17g\Aircraft.cfg' could not be opened..."

If I try again the installer tells me, that it can't find the b-17 Installation alltogether (altough all still is where it is supposed to be and where the aircraft installer placed it) and I have to reinstall the whole B-17 airplane (which doesn't solve the original problem either)

I suppose the Problem is the double back slash in the path (which causes Problems for Windows 7), but how can I get this right? All files of the B-17 are properly installed in their place, but for sure there exsits no path with double back slash in midst of the pathname. Why is that so (it obviously wasn't the case on the previous machine) and how can I fix that? I tried to delete the trailing '\' in the Installation path, but it doesn't help. when the installer comes to that point, it Fails again with the same message.

Thank you all for any help on this problem

Dangerous Beans
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dangerous Beans »

I think the route of your problem is the \Program Files (x86)\ bit.
Windows will detect any Program Files or Program Files (x86) folder as a system critical folder and will protect it.

Ideally you should never install any game or Sim in such a folder and you wont have this problem.
You can get round it though by either granting full permissions to the folder or temporarily turning UAC off while you install anything.
I wouldn't do either permanently though as in this age of malware and viruses we live in you could be opening yourself up to lots of hassle.

If your not too far into installing everything Id advise starting from scratch without the \Program Files (x86)\ in your install path.
You dont have to stick to the default naming at all, you could just install to D:\FSX or anything you want. as long as its recorded in the registry which will happen automatically it will work.

I'v just reinstalled everything myself because of the release of P3Dv4.1 and wanting to juggle whats install to what drive in my system and had no problems installing the B17 to both FSX-SE and P3Dv3.
On my rig FSX is in E:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX and P3Dv3 is in G:\Games\Flight\Prepar3D v3
The only additional step I had to take for P3D is to put copies of FSX.EXE and EULA.RTF in the Prepar3D v3 folder.

Asus Strix Z270H
i7-7700K
16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz
MSI GTX 1070 GamingX
Corsair H100i V2 Cooler
Corsair RM850X PSU
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv case
Asus VE276Q 27" Monitor 1920x1080
Win 10

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

Dangerous Beans wrote:I think the route of your problem is the \Program Files (x86)\ bit.
Windows will detect any Program Files or Program Files (x86) folder as a system critical folder and will protect it.

Ideally you should never install any game or Sim in such a folder and you wont have this problem.
You can get round it though by either granting full permissions to the folder or temporarily turning UAC off while you install anything.
I wouldn't do either permanently though as in this age of malware and viruses we live in you could be opening yourself up to lots of hassle.

If your not too far into installing everything Id advise starting from scratch without the \Program Files (x86)\ in your install path.
You dont have to stick to the default naming at all, you could just install to D:\FSX or anything you want. as long as its recorded in the registry which will happen automatically it will work.

I'v just reinstalled everything myself because of the release of P3Dv4.1 and wanting to juggle whats install to what drive in my system and had no problems installing the B17 to both FSX-SE and P3Dv3.
On my rig FSX is in E:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX and P3Dv3 is in G:\Games\Flight\Prepar3D v3
The only additional step I had to take for P3D is to put copies of FSX.EXE and EULA.RTF in the Prepar3D v3 folder.
Been simming since the late 80's. I have never installed any sim I flew in other than the X 86 folder since it was available. and have never had any problems.
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

Hunter-MK58
Airman Basic

Post by Hunter-MK58 »

Thanks for this hint.
How ever, in my old installation I did everything absolutely the same way, and it worked fine. Furthermore I normally expect all programs to work best, if I install them in the default directory, proposed by the installer, and yes I 've been installing the last few days (Sceneries and addons and Aircrafts), so starting again from the scratch would surely be a little a nuisance...

rodtod423
Airman

Post by rodtod423 »

In my case I did not install into that folder either. In fact I placed mine on a dedicated separate HD. And, it has always worked. Until a couple of days ago. Then I got another Windows update and it started working again!

Hunter-MK58
Airman Basic

Post by Hunter-MK58 »

Alright Folks.
Today I simply just installed the B-17 again (about the 5th time now) and installed Acusim the absolutely same way I did yesterday, and today it worked flawlessly.... :?: :?: :?:
I have no explanation for this behavior, since as well I did some restarts of the computer yesterday in order to solve the problem and id didn't work. Now today it simply "just worked"...
How ever I'm glad it is successfully installed now, but it sure makes me think about computers and their moods.

Thanks anyway.

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”