update PA 24

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
38J3
Airman

update PA 24

Post by 38J3 »

Had this problem before after reloading the PA 24 that it would not update and I was told that a file had to be deleted before it would update again, unfortunately I had my computer checked and they messed up FSX and must have re-downloaded the PA 24 now I need to load updates. Which file do I need to delete & how would I get to it? (not a computer geek) Thank you all, this time I will write it down in my manual note file.

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: update PA 24

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

The file that is recommended to be deleted sometimes before update installer is called - "client.wyc" It is located under the aircraft model folder, under "Update_fsx" sub folder. If you have the FSX boxed version it should look something like this:

example D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\A2A\Comanche250\Update_fsx\client.wyc

Here is the link for the latest updater:

http://www.a2asimulations.com/downloads ... _13_17.zip

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

38J3
Airman

Post by 38J3 »

I have Steam edition would I then simply add steam to the FSX?

38J3
Airman

Post by 38J3 »

I have searched for D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\A2A\Comanche250\Update_fsx\client.wyc get message that it cannot be found, I also searched D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X steam edition\A2A\Comanche250\Update_fsx\client.wyc with same result?

38J3
Airman

Post by 38J3 »

Finally came to me how to do this got the update all is well, thank you so much for your help. Enjoy the PA-24 so very much!!!! Hoping A2A brings a GA twin on board like a Piper Navajo, or Aero Star. I know another source has a Navajo which I have however it is not up to A2A standards. Thank you again.

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

I'm glad that you managed to overcome this issue. The link I gave you, was an example - not an exact one. The FSX Steam has a bit different folder structure than the original FSX, which includes some steam folders before the main ones. :wink:

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”