C172 installed in P3D v4

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
Kaare Skorpen
Airman

C172 installed in P3D v4

Post by Kaare Skorpen »

I have just installed C172 in v 4 P3D. When i turned on the batteryknopf the Hole sim.goes black and I have to start the simulator again. The same happens When I use shift+M. What's wrong with my installation?
Greetings for help. Kaare

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: C172 installed in P3D v4

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Kaare,

I guess the first thing to check would be that the SimConnect client is installed. I've borrowed the image below from from forum member "Poppet", but this is what you should be doing to install SimConnect...

Thanks,
Nick

P.S. Did you use the proper P3Dv4 installer from A2A when you installed the product?

Kaare Skorpen
Airman

Post by Kaare Skorpen »

Nick M wrote:Hello Kaare,

I guess the first thing to check would be that the SimConnect client is installed. I've borrowed the image below from from forum member "Poppet", but this is what you should be doing to install SimConnect...

Thanks,
Nick

P.S. Did you use the proper P3Dv4 installer from A2A when you installed the product?
Yes I use the proper P3Dv4 installer from A2A.
Thank you for help, but I am afraid to use what you have suggest. I have not FSX.
Thanks
Kaare

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Kaare,

I understand, but even with a P3Dv4 installation, it's necessary to install this 'legacy' FSX-SP2-XPACK version of SimConnect if you don't already have it on your system. Without it, the A2A products won't be able communicate with P3D properly.

Thanks,
Nick

Kaare Skorpen
Airman

Post by Kaare Skorpen »

Kaare Skorpen wrote:

Thanks,
Nick

Yes I use the proper P3Dv4 installer from A2A.
Thank you for help, but I am afraid to use what you have suggest. I have not FSX.
Thanks
Kaare[/quote

Installed is OK. I hope that will fix my problems.thanks again for help. Kaare

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

OK - let us know if it doesn't fix the issue Kaare, or if you have any other problems.

Thanks,
Nick

Kaare Skorpen
Airman

Post by Kaare Skorpen »

Nick M wrote:OK - let us know if it doesn't fix the issue Kaare, or if you have any other problems.

Thanks,
Nick
Hallo again.
Where can I see if the installation is ok.

Kaare

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Kaare Skorpen wrote:Where can I see if the installation is ok.
SimConnect should be shown as installed in the add/remove programs dialog in Windows. When you load the C172, are you still getting the same problem you originally described?

Nick

Kaare Skorpen
Airman

Post by Kaare Skorpen »

Nick M wrote:
Kaare Skorpen wrote:Where can I see if the installation is ok.
SimConnect should be shown as installed in the add/remove programs dialog in Windows. When you load the C172, are you still getting the same problem you originally described?

Nick
Hallo! I dont think I have innstalled SimConnect correct. When I come to manage and press it comes up: Microsoft Flight Simulator.Sim Connect.dll. When I press lib it coms up:managed,SimConnect.lib and SimConnect.msi. When I press Simconnect .msi it looks as a short installation.
Kaare

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

OK - if you double-clicked the SimConnect.msi file shown above you should be good Kaare: the short installation is normal. Can you open P3D and load the C172 and check if the original problem is still happening?

Thanks,
Nick

Kaare Skorpen
Airman

Post by Kaare Skorpen »

Nick M wrote:OK - if you double-clicked the SimConnect.msi file shown above you should be good Kaare: the short installation is normal. Can you open P3D and load the C172 and check if the original problem is still happening?

Thanks,
Nick
It seems good.
Thanks Nick for all help. I am from Norway but have for the last two years lived in Austria.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, sounds promising! Welcome to the forums here Kaare, and be sure to let us know if you have any other issues or questions. :wink:

Cheers,
Nick

Kaare Skorpen
Airman

Post by Kaare Skorpen »

Nick M wrote:Okay, sounds promising! Welcome to the forums here Kaare, and be sure to let us know if you have any other issues or questions. :wink:

Cheers,
Nick
Hallo again. To day is a lot of problems with the aircraft Sim from A2A. When i touch the batteriknopf.
The P3D v4 stops . I kan see some of the instruments in 30 sek. I had to start again. I am looking for the Simconnect. I dont think the installation is OK. I use Windows 10 . Where can I look to find it? Is it another way to get this Simconnect. Dovnloaded direct?????.
Greetings Kaare

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Kaare,

As mentioned above, you can check your Windows list of installed programs for the SimConnect entry.

However, it's probably best to check it's working properly by testing some of the A2A features in P3D itself.

I suggest you start P3D, load a default aircraft in the sim and then switch to the A2A Cessna via the "Vehicle" menu. Once you've done this, use shift + 7 to open the maintenance hangar and let us know what you see. Lots of red (failed) items which can't be fixed by left-clicking indicate a SimConnect problem.

However, if all seems OK in the hangar, we can look for a different cause for your problem. (Possibly a DX9 issue or something.)

Thanks,
Nick

Kaare Skorpen
Airman

Post by Kaare Skorpen »

As mentioned above, you can check your Windows list of installed programs for the SimConnect entry.

However, it's probably best to check it's working properly by testing some of the A2A features in P3D itself.

I suggest you start P3D, load a default aircraft in the sim and then switch to the A2A Cessna via the "Vehicle" menu. Once you've done this, use shift + 7 to open the maintenance hangar and let us know what you see. Lots of red (failed) items which can't be fixed by left-clicking indicate a SimConnect problem.

However, if all seems OK in the hangar, we can look for a different cause for your problem. (Possibly a DX9 issue or something.)

Thanks,
Nick
General condition.....like new. With shift 7. Then I touch the battery with shift M and is black in the same sek.
IT is three dif. Modell. C172R- GOAR This model is OK. C172R-N990 CP goes in black.
Kaare
C172 defailt comes up black.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”