Negative G restart

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Larry Bevis
Airman

Negative G restart

Post by Larry Bevis »

I know from You Tube that the T6 HATES negative G situations. I try to avoid them at all cost. I've looked on the forum about this but haven't found anything. The question is, if I get into one of these unfortunate situation, how do I get a restart? Oh and one more thing how do I get into the rear cockpit, should I ever get good enough to fly from there. LOL. Love this plane! Thanks

patful
Master Sergeant

Re: Negative G restart

Post by patful »

Can't help you on #1, hasn't happened to me yet. On #2, I just move my eyepoint straight back until I'm over the rear seat. I love it back there.

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

to get to the rear seat in FSX you'd simply right click on the screen, select "Cockpit" and "Rear Seat". I've done a few negative G maneuvers, and she normally catches pretty quick. I'm not to scared about that....the landings however is still an experience...
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Larry Bevis wrote:I know from You Tube that the T6 HATES negative G situations. I try to avoid them at all cost. I've looked on the forum about this but haven't found anything. The question is, if I get into one of these unfortunate situation, how do I get a restart? Oh and one more thing how do I get into the rear cockpit, should I ever get good enough to fly from there. LOL. Love this plane! Thanks
You don't want to be doing ANY sustained negative maneuvers in a T6. You will get -1g during a well executed slow roll but that's about all the negative g you want to be pulling in this airplane.
If you DO get into a negative g situation in the T6 the proper way to recover the airplane is to roll it to the nearest horizon to regain positive g. When the carb "feels" the positive g the engine should catch and recover.
Dudley Henriques

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Larry Bevis wrote:The question is, if I get into one of these unfortunate situation, how do I get a restart?
Typically an engine that is starved from fuel does not need to be re-started, as it is never stopped! As your forward airspeed turns the engine, everything keeps on going: sparks firing, pumps and generator turning and even the propeller governing when the speed is sufficient. Just re-introduce fuel, and you're back in business. This doesn't only apply to negative-g recovery, but to any reason of fuel starvation, such as running a tank dry.

-Esa

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

The default fs A key will cycle your view within a given set. So within the virtual cockpit the default A key will cycle your virtual cockpit views.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Larry Bevis
Airman

Post by Larry Bevis »

I,m still having trouble with my engine quitting. This last time I just pushed the nose over to gain airspeed, not much at all. As soon as I did the engine started to wind mill, no power. Had to do a forced landing. That went ok but I couldn't get it started after that. Is anybody having the same thing???

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Are you sure you have the latest update: https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto ... 29&t=57819

You'll need this even if you just bought the T6. When the T6 was released, there was a bug that made it impossible to restart, the update will take care of that bug.
Kind Regards
Tomas

A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Larry,

Along with being starved of fuel, another thing that'll cause the engine to quit in short order is being starved of air.

If you're flying the T-6 through cloud, rain or hazy weather, the carb heat lever could be your salvation. It's important to understand that carburettor icing isn't just a 'cold weather' phenomenon either.

Do you recall what the weather was like when you experienced the engine failure?

Thanks,
Nick

Larry Bevis
Airman

Post by Larry Bevis »

I have not updated the T6 yet. As far a the weather goes sunny perfect temp, nice day. I'll try both suggestions. I might have to change something in the config file.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Ideal carb icing conditions are near 70F on a humid day. The temp drop in the throat of the carburetor can easily reach 40F. That puts the temp right at freezing and will cause the water to condense out of the air and ice crystals to form.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Please do not change anything in the config file, this is not the ordinary addon, Accu-Sim may respond badly if you edit this file.
Kind Regards
Tomas

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Larry Bevis wrote:I have not updated the T6 yet. As far a the weather goes sunny perfect temp, nice day. I'll try both suggestions. I might have to change something in the config file.
I suggest you do NOT do any editing in any A2A cfg file. A2A planes are not like other add ons and changing anything in the cfg files can really screw things up for you.
I'm fairly convinced that if you install the latest update this will fix the problem if the problem is NOT related to normal T6 behavior when subjected to negative g flight.
After installing the update if you experience negative g just roll it out to the nearest horizon to regain positive g which the engine requires for normal flight.
Dudley Henriques

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

As was mentioned above, there was a problem with the engine being unable to restart which was fixed pretty quickly with an update, within a day or two of release if I recall. Running the updater should take care of it. I don't think I've seen anybody mention it still happening since last spring.

Larry Bevis
Airman

Post by Larry Bevis »

Thank you Thank you all. The update did the trick. Now I just have to get better flying the thing.
Thanks again LB

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”