Astrotech Clock lvars

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
scm
Airman Basic

Astrotech Clock lvars

Post by scm »

Looking at the variable list pdf for the Cherokee, I don't see entries for the three buttons of the clock/timer.

Is it possible to assign controls to these?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Astrotech Clock lvars

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yeah, looks like the variables for the clock buttons were left off the list of most useful L:Vars but seems they're as follows:

L:ClockLc2LeftSwitch
L:ClockLc2MiddleSwitch
L:ClockLc2RightSwitch

They're Boolean and should be SET to 1 on press and SET back to 0 on release.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

ark1320
Airman

Post by ark1320 »

Old topic, I know, but I am trying to write a Lua script (via FSUIPC4) to control the clock and am having a problem accessing the Lvar ClockLc2Mode which is a boolean value that, I believe, toggles each time the clock mode button is pushed. I can't seem to read or write to this Lvar as I would expect. For example, initial attempts to determine the clock mode by reading the value of ClockLc2Mode returns a nil value. Any information on the use of ClockLc2Mode appreciated.
Thx,
Al

ark1320
Airman

Post by ark1320 »

To close the loop on the above, it turns out the Lvar (L:ClockLc2Mode, bool) is inside a mouse event and therefore is not available to a lua script until it is invoked at least once either by the mouse (such as by hovering over or clicking the clock Mode button), or by using (L:ClockLc2Mode, bool) inside an xml file <Update> section.

Al

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”