How do I make the P-51 WoP completely visible in FSX Delux?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Ramhid
Airman Basic

How do I make the P-51 WoP completely visible in FSX Delux?

Post by Ramhid »

Have a question folks. I have FSX Deluxe edition. I've purchased the A2A P-51 WoP, downloaded it, and added it to the FSX. Here's the issue that I've being experiencing every time I've tried to fly the P-51. When run the FSX, in the initial screen the P-51 does show in the list of aircraft. I click on the P-51 to play it and I am only to see part of the cockpit section with the pilot seating in it in the aircraft default screen. No fuselage or other structures is visible. When I actually play the simulator with the aircraft seating on an airport tarmac, the view is still the same from all angles. I then play the simulator and when I end it, then I can see a black silhouette of the whole aircraft. No external markings or color is visible. I switch to the cockpit view and it is completely dark. Only the head of few switches are visible, but not instrument panel or gauges. I turn on the cockpit light on and the instrument panel becomes more visible, gray, but none of the gauges are shown. As you all can see, I have a myriad problem with the A2A P-51 software and I feel a bit frustrated. I've deleted and reloaded the FSX and the P-51 several times in an attempt to fix the problem, but I have not been lucky enough to fix it. I only have this problem with the P-51. All other aircraft run well. The FSX is set with all the recommended settings for this aircraft and my laptop meets the system requirements to run it. Does anybody can give some tips what could be the problem, please. I am beyond trying anything to fix this issue and your help\assistance will be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Ramon :D

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: How do I make the P-51 WoP completely visible in FSX Del

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the forums,

can you please list the exact products you are using as the WOP P-51 is an old product not released for FSX. The WOP3 Mustang is an FSX product and all that requires is that FSX is updated to the latest standard, that being both FSX Service Packs installed.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Ramhid
Airman Basic

Post by Ramhid »

First of all, thanks Lewis for the welcome to this community Forum and secondly, for responding to my post for help. Very happy that I can be part of this community. Here's the information that you asked for.

FSX: Microsoft Flight Simulator X, Profession Edition. I am using in Windows Vista SP2.

WoP3 P-51, ATS-110. Purchased from FS Pilot Shop. I can't give any more info on this product because that's all I got with the CD or download, except for Wop3_P51 Manual.

Again, thank you very much for the welcome and quick respond to my call for help and please, let me know if there any other info that I can provide that will help fix the problem.

Ramon

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Okie dokie, in that case it sounds like your FSX is not updated. The software requires FSX updated with the two FSX service packs, it sounds like you are trying to run it on a plain FSX without the service packs.

thanks,
Lewis

Ramhid
Airman Basic

Post by Ramhid »

Thanks for the info. I'll search for the FSX service pack and I'll let you know the outcome after I install it. Again, thank you very much.

Ramon

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

From the FAQ :-)

If you do not have either, then first install Microsoft Flight Simulator X Service Pack 1:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d ... aae2f0409e
Then the Service Pack 2:
http://www.microsoft.com/Products/Games ... Pack2.aspx
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Ramhid
Airman Basic

Post by Ramhid »

Bingo! You were correct Lewis. Downloaded SP1 and SP2 and problem fixed. The P-51 for the first time is looking the way it should. Again, appreciate your assistance very much. Now, I am going to do some serious flying after I read the manual.

Thanks again and have a great day.

Ramon

Ramhid
Airman Basic

Post by Ramhid »

Thank you very much for the links, Tomas. I downloaded both SPs and the issue is fixed. Very much appreciate your assistance as well.

Best regards.

Ramon

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good stuff happy flying, down the line you might want to add the P-51 Accu-sim package to get the full realistic simulation that the majority of our customers use.

thanks,
Lewis

Ramhid
Airman Basic

Post by Ramhid »

Definitively will get it. Again, thank you for the help.

Best regards,

Ramon

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”