Vacuum on B-17

A Living Legend
new reply
Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Vacuum on B-17

Post by Tug002 »

I was flying the B-17 today and on startup I noticed that when I started the #2 engine that the gauges came to life and the vacuum was set to #3. I could be wrong but I thought that this problem was fixed on an update done a while ago. The gauges are also active on #2 engine with only #3 running. Anyone else having this problem? All of my A2A aircraft are up to date. Any help would be appreciated.

Keep smiling
Tug :)

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Vacuum on B-17

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Same here.
and the other way around. As long as one of the inboard engines are running, I have good vacuum.
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I was not sure how to answer this , so i googled the b17 vacuum system , it is fed from both eng2 and 3 , and a selector switch on the pilots side wall selects the engine you wish to supply the vacuum from , its the red switch fwd of the heating control switch , by default its selected to eng3 and i get vacuum from eng3 , this is always the first eng to be started in the 91st , so i never noticed this problem.
So at the end of yesterdays flight , i shutdown engs3 and 4 , vacuum still showed , it should have depleted , till i switched to eng 2 supply , so it looks like i also have same problem as you.
regards alan. 8)

razark
Airman Basic

Post by razark »

Try this thread to get the selector working:
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 29&t=25755
ImageImage

Denny120
Airman

Post by Denny120 »

This question was asked before, see this thread. Solution is simple. :)

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 29&t=51979

Regards Dennis

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

Denny120 wrote:This question was asked before, see this thread. Solution is simple. :)

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 29&t=51979

Regards Dennis
Thanks again Denny120. I had forgotten about the fix that you had given to me before that had fixed the problem. :oops: It sucks to be getting old and forgetting things. :lol: The fix that I had got wiped during a reinstall of FSX and I had forgotten about the fix.

Keep smiling

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I have just applied this mod it works for me , A2A could you please look into this , with a view to updating it on the next A2A accu sim update with posible vacuum failures , just to keep us on our toes .
regards alan. 8)

Denny120
Airman

Post by Denny120 »

Tug002 wrote: Thanks again Denny120. I had forgotten about the fix that you had given to me before that had fixed the problem. :oops: It sucks to be getting old and forgetting things. :lol: The fix that I had got wiped during a reinstall of FSX and I had forgotten about the fix.
No worries, glad to be of help. :wink:

Regards Dennis

DavidW
Airman First Class

Post by DavidW »

Before I go ahead and purchase this beautiful aeroplane has the vacuum issue been addressed? I have looked at the pinned topics regarding patches/fixes but I was unable to see any mention of this.

Also the link to the external panel file is no longer accessible. I believe that most 'cloud' image repositories no longer allow members to host images on third party websites.

Any input would be most welcome on how to obtain this addition, thank you.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

Hello DavidW, Welcome to the forum. As far as I know the vacuum issue has not been fixed as of yet but it is a small issue for such a wonderful aircraft. I am sure that a fix is in the works for a future update. I would highly recommend this fine product with the accusim add on.

Keep smiling

DavidW
Airman First Class

Post by DavidW »

Tug002 wrote:Hello DavidW, Welcome to the forum. As far as I know the vacuum issue has not been fixed as of yet but it is a small issue for such a wonderful aircraft. I am sure that a fix is in the works for a future update. I would highly recommend this fine product with the accusim add on.

Keep smiling

Thank you for the welcome and your reply. Credit card is at the ready for Thursday, cut off day so that the payment reaches the October statement. :D

Going for the full package.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

DavidW wrote:
Tug002 wrote:Hello DavidW, Welcome to the forum. As far as I know the vacuum issue has not been fixed as of yet but it is a small issue for such a wonderful aircraft. I am sure that a fix is in the works for a future update. I would highly recommend this fine product with the accusim add on.

Keep smiling

Thank you for the welcome and your reply. Credit card is at the ready for Thursday, cut off day so that the payment reaches the October statement. :D

Going for the full package.
You won't regret your choice :D

Keep smiling

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”