Landing the P-40 Causes FSX to Crash

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Landing the P-40 Causes FSX to Crash

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I had only flown two of the four variants , the AVG and 2b , and have had no crashes to desktop .
but after reading this , i tested the 40b and 40c , only CTD i had was with the 40b , on one occasion only , and at the time of CTD i was low level at max speed , i could not reproduce the CTD again .
regards alan. 8)

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

No Accu-feel for me.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

No Accufeel for me either. But recently I was not able to reproduce the CTD's on my system. I haven't changed anything though. At least not knowingly. This is weird...
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

I forgot about the CTD issues and tried to fly my new bare metal P-40 tonight. This time I got a CTD as soon as I released brakes and started to taxi. :( Not complaining, just thought I'd mention it.

Pistonpilot
Technical Sergeant

Post by Pistonpilot »

I'm also getting this issue on a brand new setup (new laptop, fresh installs of everything). Flew the P-40C for about an hour, then got a CTD on a nice greaser at KEDW (default scenery).

This was my first flight after installing the 3_15_2017 Update, all the below products were successfully updated.

Installed products:

A2A
P-40 & Accu Sim
P-47 & Accu Sim
P-51 Mil
P-51 Civ
P-51 Accu Sim
Spitfire & Accu Sim
T-6 & Accu Sim
Constellation CotS
B377 & Accu Sim without CoTS
C-172 & Accu Sim
C-182 & Accu Sim
Commanche &Accu Sim
Cherokee 180 & Accu Sim

Additionally, I have a number of ORBX products installed, FSUIPC, and I use the DX10 Scenery Fixer.

I'm currently on the road (at KEDW, actually!), but I'll work on getting my laptop and installation to an absolutely clean configuration in the next few days for further testing. I'll have to teach myself to use the event viewer at some point, too. ;-)

-Ian C

DWC Alumni. Commercial Instrument Single/Multi-Engine Land. [Former] Police, Fire, & 9-1-1 Dispatcher. [Former] MAINEiac Crew Chief.

tab61
Airman Basic

Post by tab61 »

I installed the P40 and P40 Accusim this morning, then ran the latest updater.

Took off from HEBA in Tomahawk, flew 10 minutes and landed, ran beautifully. Set config to auto C&D. Shut down fsx (gold, boxed).

Had a coffee, restarted FSX, went to HEBA, flew 10 minutes and landed. Just as touching down gently, CTD as reported in Spitfire tech support a month back and in this thread- only the Spit has not had any issues since i did a clean re-install of a2a aircraft. It has been running well both with manual and auto start. You can see my add-ons from that thread (Boscombe Down).

If I fly it later and start seeing CTD in the Spit I'll post back. As others reported: aside from shutting down FSX for 10 minutes, nothing changed.

I use the default Cessna at Friday harbor as default flight. Everything shut down. When I start a session I pick the airport, time and season, then load the default Cessna. After it loads I switch to the A2A aircraft I want to play with.

MarvK
Airman First Class

Post by MarvK »

I should have posted in this thread, but I Was wondering if there was any progress made on this issue? I just had another CTD with the "C" variant. But i've also had it with the Tomahawk. Same problem as the others previously stated, as soon as the maingear touches the runway is when it happens.

Latest update I have installed is 01_17_17. I don't have the latest one because it was only for the Connie.

I'm running Windows 7 with FSX SE.

Thanks,
Marv

MarvK
Airman First Class

Post by MarvK »

Well, I just had a three hour session with P-40 C model. Same model I had a CTD yesterday. Did several takeoffs and landings at the same airport. Then I did a few short flights between 15 minutes and 45 minutes apiece. Only difference was I flew with a different paint job. Didn't have one CTD. I don't know what's going on. This is the only A2A plane I've had this problem with.

When I start up the sim, load it up with the default Cessna 172, go to my airport of choice, load that airport, and then I load the P 40.

Sorry I can't be of much help as I can't reproduce it. :?

Marv

tab61
Airman Basic

Post by tab61 »

I've had no trouble with the AVG, 15 hours or so. Or the Spit Models, or the B17, or the Harvard. or the Aerosoft Catalina, or the Aerosoft Twin Otter. realair Spit, Realair Duke.

Loaded the Tomahawk tonight, released the brakes, started rolling and CTD.

MarvK
Airman First Class

Post by MarvK »

I think someone in the other thread might have been on to something. Looking back through the update list, there is this;

"3/30/2016 - 4/7/2016 CHANGES:
- Warbirds (P-51's, P-40's, and Spitfires) get the newest Accu-Sim physical landing sounds tech"

That's about the time I started noticing it happening to me. But, it's so random, I just thought it was my system or setup. I did notice there is a tick box on the F3 menu for HQ Sounds? I may turn that off next time and see if there is a difference. :?

Marv

rosariomanzo
Staff Sergeant

Post by rosariomanzo »

Yep, I was thinking the same thing.
Ros

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

Oddly enough I flew my P-40 with no issues last night. I'm not sure if anything in the core Accusim files was changed with the last update (there wasn't anything P-40 specific) but I hadn't tried it since well before the update. The only change on my machine other than the A2A update were an Orbx libraries and Vector update. I'll keep flying it over the next several days to see what happens.

wallydog
Senior Airman

Post by wallydog »

I have only had this happen to me once in many flights. I always fly the P-40B AVG variant. It's unclear to me if the new sounds and ground physics made it into the P-40. A2A released an update shortly afterwards due to missing sounds and may have reverted back to an earlier build of the the P-40. I say this only because the nice tire landing sounds in the Spit and Mustang are no longer in the P-40. I also haven't been able to detect big changes to the ground physics for the P-40 but I could e mistaken.

4/7/2016 - 4/16/2016 CHANGES:
P-40
- Fixed missing cockpit sounds

I'm hoping that the next accusim update addresses some longstanding issues with the P-40. Specifically, the weird in cockpit reflection of the back left pane, and more recently, the emergency hydraulic manual pump and valve system as well as the crashing issues mentioned in this thread.

tab61
Airman Basic

Post by tab61 »

I had no issues with the AVG. Tried the '42 P40C out of Rey,Iceland the other day and no problem(quick circuit). Flew the P40C ('44) from Rey to the strip up North of it, other side, (forgot the name, on the coast at end of fjord, touched down nicely but as it settled on the tail wheel ctd. oh well lol

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Guys can you please see here;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=57819

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “P-40 Tech Support”