FSX not responding since update

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: FSX not responding since update

Post by Tug002 »

Just finished installing all of my A2A aircraft. Everything went smooth as far as the updates and backup files for my aircraft. I have not done the update on on the Connie yet as I am saving it for another day. Hopefully with the fresh install of FSX it will load properly this time. I will let you know how it goes when I get up the courage to try the update. I also loaded FSX Acceleration onto my windows 10 laptop and all seems well with it too. I have not had the time to load the A2A aircraft into it yet but will as soon as possible and post the results here for anyone interested. One thing that happened though, it said that it could not verify the Acceleration setup but if I remember right I saw a fix for that somewhere. Even without verification it runs well.

Keep smiling
Tug :)

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

Here is the latest. After the fresh install and no added anything but A2A aircraft I had the Connie up for a spin before the update and all worked fine. I then added the update and started FSX with the trike as Lewis says is the best way and then picked the Connie. After loading the Connie with the update it went to a black screen again and the only way of recovery was the task manager to stop the program which said it was not responding. I then deleted all Connie files and reinstalled the Connie without the Update and it worked fine again.

My system is as follows:

AMD Phenom IIx4 925 Processor 2.8 GHz
Windows Vista 64-bit Operating System
Service pack 2
8.00 GB of Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 video card

I have the same FSX installed on my windows 10 laptop and will try the Connie on it to see if it works as soon as I get a chance.

Keep smiling

bmbrzmn101
Staff Sergeant

Post by bmbrzmn101 »

I just did a re-install of the Connie but did not run the update and my bird can be flown again. Not sure why it will not work. I may try the updater later this week, but not tonight.

Win 7 64bit
Intell i7 860
ATI Radeon HD5770 1024MB
8GB DDR3

If any of that helps

Thanks, Chris
The voices in your head will quieten down when you begin listening to them!

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

bmbrzmn101 wrote:I just did a re-install of the Connie but did not run the update and my bird can be flown again. Not sure why it will not work. I may try the updater later this week, but not tonight.

Win 7 64bit
Intell i7 860
ATI Radeon HD5770 1024MB
8GB DDR3

If any of that helps

Thanks, Chris
It has to be a windows Vista windows 7 thing as I did everything that I could think of and always come up with the same result. If I have time I will try windows 10 latter today on my laptop and see what happens. As of now I am still flying the Connie on windows Vista without the update so I am still in the air :D At least now I know that it is not the ADM Processor that is the problem.

Keep smiling

Aymi
Staff Sergeant

Post by Aymi »

Tug I am on windows 7 and it worked with P3D3.2 :?

I have AS16 and a few Orbx sceneries
Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Tug.
My update only had one problem caused by the update , that is i can no longer use my dedicated switch for auto pilot pitch trim via the A2A configurator , otherwise it fixed all issues.
And i have :-
FSX+ACCELERATION
WIN7 Home Premium with service pack 1
Intel i7-4770k CPU 3.50GHz
64 bit Operating System
16GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX770 video card
Avast anti virus
regards Alan. 8)

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

I have an AMD four core 3.6 GHz processor and Nvidia 970 card running FSX in Win 7. The thing I have noticed from all the posts on this issue is that everyone who can't make the update work has a mix of AMD and Intel hardware.

Is there anyone with all AMD or Intel hardware who can't make the update work?
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

More news. I did some more testing today and was able to get the Connie to work on my Windows Vista system. What I had to do was when I started FSX Acceleration I had to go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X
Pick out the startup icon and right click on it and run the FSX program as administrator
Once the program was running I picked out the Connie and it ran and I heard the crew speaking. I did not take the aircraft for a flight yet but it looks like it is going to work.
Thinking that it was dumb luck I uninstalled the Connie and all of the files and reloaded the aircraft plus the update and it worked again.
The only drawback is that every time I run FSX now I have to go to the file folder and start it up from there as the administrator and not use the shortcut that I have.

Keep smiling

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Right click on the shortcut, go to it's properties and set it to run as administrator.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

Oracle427 wrote:Right click on the shortcut, go to it's properties and set it to run as administrator.
Thank you for the tip :D

Keep smiling

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Tug.
One thing that is recommended with FSX install , IS DO NOT LET IT INSTALL TO DEFAULT LOCATION of C: programe files(x86) it should always be installed in its own directory , of C: FSX or as in my case F: microsoft games\ FSX , as programe files(x86) is over protected , and can cause problems in FSX if installed in that directory.
regards alan. 8)

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

Thanks Allen, I may do a reinstall again using your advice as I am having it freeze now during flights.

Keep smiling

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

Can anyone confirm that the P3D update is working but the FSX update causes the crash?
Its a bit difficult for me to be 100% certain since I had major w10 problems this past week and ended up doing a complete reinstall. However, prior to that I was flying the P3D updated without problem. It is only since I sorted windows out and am having issues with the P3D installation that I fired up the FSX install and promptly had crashes.
I have the FSX/P3D bundle.
Trev
Cheers
Trev

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I use win7 op system , and FSX+AXCELLERATION , with no stutters no crashes , and fully updated.
My FSX is installed on its own disc , under no cercumstances install it in its default location of c:programe files(x86) as it causes problems.
regards alan. 8)

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

Allen is correct as I re-installed FSX acceleration into C:FSX and had no problems with the Connie after the install and the update. I was even able to start the program without using administrator startup.
:D Thank you again Allen :D

Keep smiling

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”